Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I've got no qualms with Raith fans having a laugh at our expense, it must be hilarious. I've certainly been having a chuckle at it. 

Where it got really, really weird was where they were getting a kick out of Arbroath winning a few weeks back, that was some proper "I'd rather see Dunfermline lose than Raith win" patter, being happy at your title challengers winning is proper wee team. 

Agree with pretty much all of this. Honestly, its absolutely mortifying we've only picked up 3 points from 9 against the Pars. They're exactly the type of team, along with Queen of the South, who we need to do better against if we want to kick on.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So how much money are the club paying back on this convertible loan note?

None. It's paid back in shares between now and the next 5 years.  The investors are going to own 80% of the club at some point in that time frame.

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Agree with pretty much all of this. Honestly, its absolutely mortifying we've only picked up 3 points from 9 against the Pars. They're exactly the type of team, along with Queen of the South, who we need to do better against if we want to kick on.

To be fair though, I don't think many people expected Rovers to come up and play such good football as they have the past season and a half. McGlynn has replaced the old cloggers with a team that I only dreamed we had right now. 

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

It's quite scary how utterly desperate Raith fans are to see Hughes fail.

Name a fan base who wouldn't wish ill fortune on their rivals if they were managed by a moron who relegated them. You’re deluded.

To be fair though, I don't think many people expected Rovers to come up and play such good football as they have the past season and a half. McGlynn has replaced the old cloggers with a team that I only dreamed we had right now. 
When we first came up, the derbies were good but in footballing terms the Pars usually ran around us. Other than the 4-1 game at East End, we've generally played good football. McGlynn has been like a different manager with the experience he picked up at Celtic working with Brendan Rodgers.

11 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Name a fan base who wouldn't wish ill fortune on their rivals if they were managed by a moron who relegated them. You’re deluded.

I don't have any real issue with the first part of that sentence. I remember well the day you lost to Brechin in the play-off & I've no doubt I'll get a chance to laugh at you again (f**k knows when though.......)

It's the utter hatred for Hughes I find really strange. Even our shitest managers never seemed to cause so much rage in our support. The last ones to come even close to that would be Iain Munro or Jocky Scott. Still, whatever floats your boat.....

The sly xenophobic digs are piss poor "banter" though - no real need to mention Jack Boots & rallies etc. Does you no favours.

15 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I don't have any real issue with the first part of that sentence. I remember well the day you lost to Brechin in the play-off & I've no doubt I'll get a chance to laugh at you again (f**k knows when though.......)

It's the utter hatred for Hughes I find really strange. Even our shitest managers never seemed to cause so much rage in our support. The last ones to come even close to that would be Iain Munro or Jocky Scott. Still, whatever floats your boat.....

The sly xenophobic digs are piss poor "banter" though - no real need to mention Jack Boots & rallies etc. Does you no favours.

To be honest some of the stories I’ve heard about Hughes when he was at the club and how he is supposed to have treated some of our players merit the hatred. I’m sure most rovers fans, like me, have heard the odd bit here and there. I can’t believe that in your present state any Pars fan would be defending the guy.

I mentioned the war once but I think I got away with it.

Edited by Enigma

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I can’t believe that in your present state any Pars fan would be defending the guy.

f**k knows why but I tend to allow a new manager more than 7 complete games & at least 1 transfer window to try & improve things. 

45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So how much money are the club paying back on this convertible loan note?

You've missed the point. It's not the club that are mugs here. The club can spend it all on coke and hookers and JPEGs of apes if it wants.

Yogi is rightfully being quizzed on the latest dross we have been subject to, but ffs you can hardly ask for the guy's head after a few games. The proof will be in the pudding in a couple month's time. My gut feeling is ourselves and QotS will be the bottom two teams. Take your pick who finishes dead last. Probably us tbh. 

48 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Hughes is a horrible p***k and a bully, I'm sure most Scottish football fans aside from Falkirk and Ross County fans and the Open Goal type crowd are hoping he fails miserably.

What is this based on, other than the rantings of the likes of Bobby Barr? 

Genuine question. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Just now, No_Problemo said:

What is this based on, other than the rantings of the likes of Bobby Barr? 

Genuine question. 

He bullied Joel Coulstrain out of Raith Rovers, and I have already heard a couple of stories about how he has been treating volunteers at the Pars.

Hughes was an awful, lazy, stupid appointment and can f**k right off as far as I'm concerned.

Whilst he's been restricted with the shite squad we have, his refusal to play certain players, his insistence to play certain players and, worst of all, his stubborn insistence to play in a certain (awful, ineffective) manner (whilst laughably fraudulently claiming it to be some sort of passing game/philosophy) has seen us utter fucked. Even Grant changed his style.

It's quite scary how utterly desperate Raith fans are to see Hughes fail. Similar to our administration/relegation period they really do harbour the biggest, most bitter grudges. Put that in with rancid xenophobia & they really are an unpleasant lot.

Nah, its just a quality laugh at the minute

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He bullied Joel Coulstrain out of Raith Rovers, and I have already heard a couple of stories about how he has been treating volunteers at the Pars.

Possibly someone who hides behind a certain persona when on radio/podcasts etc, which doesn’t actually meet the reality then. 

I've seen family members of players from that time suggest they were treated horribly by Hughes. We were all unhappy at Locke, there was plenty to criticise, but by all accounts Locke was a decent guy to our players.

Worth adding, there's been a couple of players like Craig Barr and Ryan Stevenson who said they liked Yogi. Stevo said on the open goal podcast that one time during a team talk Yogi had a flip chart during a team talk, flipped to the next page and it had a giant cock on it. Safe to say, I can't imagine that happening with McGlynn.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Hughes is a horrible p***k and a bully, I'm sure most Scottish football fans aside from Falkirk and Ross County fans and the Open Goal type crowd are hoping he fails miserably.

Tbf Pars fans probably hope he does alright! 

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Surprised at that last part, have a mate who works around the club and it just doesn't plausible.

For starters what volunteers are in contact with Hughes? Due to Covid bubbles the only people that Hughes deals with is the players, coaches and media team. None of which are volunteers? 

Edited by Grant228

I've seen family members of players from that time suggest they were treated horribly by Hughes. We were all unhappy at Locke, there was plenty to criticise, but by all accounts Locke was a decent guy to our players.

Worth adding, there's been a couple of players like Craig Barr and Ryan Stevenson who said they liked Yogi. Stevo said on the open goal podcast that one time during a team talk Yogi had a flip chart during a team talk, flipped to the next page and it had a giant cock on it. Safe to say, I can't imagine that happening with McGlynn.

Stevo is a dimwit. Cannot see the majority of footballers finding that overly funny.