Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, 101 said:

We turned a profit in League 1 and did so for the first time in my life if this management structure has been a disaster I would hate to think what you would consider a success.

When is the Lidl getting built?

I’m not talking about the purely pars united structure that was in place between admin and mid 2020 when these guys with no connection with the club turned up from nowhere.   IMO that was a reasonable but not overtly successful period,  they kept the books in check, been community interested and have done an okay job at managing on field performances.

Since GmbH have come in it’s been a completely different story.   The fan and community engagement has fallen off a cliff,  the playing side has been an unmitigated disaster.  The financial side hasn’t come out yet but with those two factors which looks to certain to result in significantly reduced revenue along with what appears to be notable increased expenditure I’m doubtful they can be praised with that.

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The fan and community engagement has fallen off a cliff

I think that's as much to do with Covid as anything else, arguably since they have been in post there has been more fan engagement than the previous 12 months to then being in post. As for community engagement I would have to disagree the Pars Foundation continue to do great work and in the last 10 months the Mental Health walk and talks have been started up and the Football Fans in Training is back.

26 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

the playing side has been an unmitigated disaster.

Agreed.

26 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The financial side hasn’t come out yet but with those two factors which looks to certain to result in significantly reduced revenue

Covid will have been the biggest curtailing features of our revenue. I don't think folk are that interested in the club beyond the team that plays on a Saturday and that's entirely fair we are a football club after all. 

I don't think a lack of or a feeling of a lack of engagement will drive losses or profits if folk wanted to get involved they could but it's a real grind when things aren't going well and that naturally turns folk off.

16 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:
Wiggy (what John Hughes calls Craig Wighton?!?! emoji23.png) supposedly has a few teams in for him and Hughes doesn’t seem too arsed about losing him 

This has Lewis Vaughan to Dumbarton vibes all over it.

No it doesn't, since Arbroath are not our relegation rivals.

This has Lewis Vaughan to Dumbarton vibes all over it.

1. That wasn’t Yogi.

2. Arbroath will not be battling relegation with us.

It’s absolutely mental and very concerning that the manager has frozen out every single striker at the club that had ever scored a goal before he became our manager. But it’s very different to the Lewis Vaughan scenario. Wighton’s goals will either have no impact on us/teams around us, or help us - if he’s scoring against other teams near the bottom. With Vaughan, every goal he scored helped your relegation rivals, since he was playing for them.

It's quite scary how utterly desperate Raith fans are to see Hughes fail. Similar to our administration/relegation period they really do harbour the biggest, most bitter grudges. Put that in with rancid xenophobia & they really are an unpleasant lot.

Just now, da_no_1 said:

It's quite scary how utterly desperate Raith fans are to see Hughes fail. 

John Hughes is an erse who took us down and was a prize walloper at the club.....and he's now managing our rivals and doing a piss poor job of it. From our end it's hilarious. Anyway, if Hughes does take you down I'm sure, if he got punted, you'd not be exactly wishing him the best of luck.

Their best team in a bout 30 years but it's all about the Pars. Funny tbh, 99% of Pars fans don't care one iota about Raith whether they are pushing for league titles or on the bones of their arse in the seaside leagues. Lions don't lose sleep over sheep x

Anyway, I'm really starting to worry that we will be seeing a midfield consist of Pybus, Todd, and Allan for a good few weeks to come. Genuinely frightening. 

Just now, Raithie said:

John Hughes is an erse who took us down and was a prize walloper at the club.....and he's now managing our rivals and doing a piss poor job of it. From our end it's hilarious. Anyway, if Hughes does take you down I'm sure, if he got punted, you'd not be exactly wishing him the best of luck.

Perhaps not wishing him luck, but you guys take bitterness it to the next level. We've had our fair share of shitey managers over the years but none of them stir up the rage like Hughes does with you. I get that you get a massive boner taking the pish out of him because of him not being the smartest tool in the box but the hatred really is surreal. It's almost like he single-handedly relegated you that season. Even if that were the case, you seem to have bounced back (roared even) & are in a far better place as a proper community club. Maybe it's time to let it go?

1 minute ago, steakngravy said:

We're not desperate just patently waiting for it to happen, he has history for this. I really hope you get yourselves out of this mess but I feel you have the wrong man for the job.

Breaking news - we really don't give a f**k for your faux care/sympathy.