Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 minutes ago, smpar said:

That’s precisely the problem. I worry that this board will continue with shite appointment after shite appointment. It’s one thing to punt the manager because he’s hopeless but that’s all this board is willing to employ at the minute.

You can get fucked.

Dare I say it, but that sounds very Falkirk-y.

Hughes was such a lazy appointment.

There doesn't seem to be any strategy or plan for the club when it comes to hiring a manager. What are they looking for in a manager? 

Edited by DA Baracus

10 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
13 minutes ago, Enigma said:
When’s his contract up?

Up at end of the season.

Hopefully we’re putting a contact under his nose. Think there will be a few clubs trying that though.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There doesn't seem to be any strategy or plan for the club when it comes to hiring a manager. What are they looking for in a manager? 

Honestly, you should just sack him now. We know how this ends.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Tbf you could ask them? I'm sure they would explain.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

DAFC board -New manager checklist

• Can they talk the hind legs off a donkey?
  • Have they been relegated from the Scottish Championship?
  • Buzzwords that mention plates. Plates of confidence/ Spinning plates etc
  • Big Ego. Must not change when under pressure.
  • Playing for the badge type comments
  • Big emphasis on how well team performs in training.
  • Old school banter
  • Plenty Anecdotes about their playing days.
  • Does their face suit a Simpson's meme.

Having seen every game he’s played for us, that’s my opinion. 

I also struggle to agree that he’s lacked any effort. His goalscoring record has been, at worst, as good as you can expect. At best, he’s been a good player for us. He scored 6 goals in 13 appearances last season.

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Loaning out Wighton to Arbroath would be silly, hope that doesn't happen. 

What a situation though. Loaning our best striker to Arbroath for their title challenge whilst we sit rock bottom. What a laugh. 

1 hour ago, kdypar said:

Having seen every game he’s played for us, that’s my opinion. 

Odd that it's never been mentioned before.

It's almost as if someone starting claiming it recently and others have just jumped on the bandwagon.

Probably just wary given the pandemic is still trudging on.

Not that training pitches and facilities make much a difference when your BOD make terrible decisions every season and will be playing in front of 2000 fans at home to Kelty shortly. 

7 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?ID=13558&s=09

The first phase of a German withdrawal? 

Old boys network to continue at EEP. 

This can't be right? There's a poster here who has assured us that they are loan sharks! He has assured us that these four successful business guys, one of whom is in shipping and is pretty wealthy, have inexplicably scoured Europe in order to operate a loan shark business, and have settled us on, putting in a decent sum of money for...something, which will be extracted illegally via their loan shark operation and taken away to Germany.

Or something just as deeply moronic.

If I can Lance Storm it here, I'm genuinely unsure what to make of this announcement. Would need to be better versed in financial matters. 

For those who are more familiar with company financial machinations, what do you make of this?

If you're Wighton, Todorov or O Hara you really need to be out there looking for another club.

Yogi isn't going anywhere and he doesn't want you on the park. 

I hate it, a lot, but Free the Dunfermline Three!  

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If I can Lance Storm it here, I'm genuinely unsure what to make of this announcement. Would need to be better versed in financial matters. 

For those who are more familiar with company financial machinations, what do you make of this?

@raith1974 is yer man, he kens everything there is to ken about financial machinations. 

Aye I don’t really know what that means tbh. The Club seem to be happy with things though.

The final sentence should be a tough reminder of how much of a mess we’re in footballing wise. In one way, I’m glad the Club are framing it as survival now, I’d have expected some naive “climb up the table” pish but they actually recognise we’re dangerously close to the seaside.

Will they take time to reflect on that? Their aim at the start of the season was, as an absolute bare minimum, to finish in the top 4. To even be so far off that that it’s not even an option in January is fucking mental.

Their loan can only be repaid in DAFC shares. 

Can't see how this will pose any risk to be honest. It they don't take up their shares within 5 years, they will get them anyway.

Seems like we are getting more money than initially agreed too.

It looks to me that they don't want to run this shit show at the moment. PUCIC will still run it for now and they can take over any time in the next 5 years. Probably waiting for covid situation to improve and also the team performance before taking over.

Edited by Chubbychops