Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Fife par said:

What is 😅😅 in your wideness?!😂🤔 do you think the German investment is a good thing? 

It's me laughing at you for saying they are loan sharks.

Remains to be seen long term if the investment is a good thing.

12 minutes ago, smpar said:

Can we bring Crawford back?

It was certainly better than what we have now. I would say that the defensive counter attacking football was utterly boring and we ended up scraping a 4th place (glorified mid table) after accumulating a good points tally early on.  He was far too cautious.

Crawford wasn't good. Just looks better after the shitshow that's gone after he left.

37 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

I’d be concerned about Yogi’s recruitment capability. He’s been abysmal at it throughout his career. 

How can you possibly say that about the man who brought Owain Fon Williams into Scottish football?

The owners were never going to invest in the team. Not sure why their investment was going to make a difference to results. 
The investment is in the training ground and youth set-up which will take years to make a difference.
In July last year it was announced that the investment would cover training ground, youth academy, coaching and medical staff and other "exciting initiatives" (Dunfermline Press). Since then your board, including the German investors, have appointed a couple of boneheads to your coaching staff. That's why the investment would make a difference to results.

I simply wondered if you were all still behind the investors plans, given your predicament and the possible need for new priorities.

3 hours ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Bitter wee team mentality. How much did you guys borrow to build your hospitality shed? 

Believe it was paid for out of John Sim’s own pocket.

Edited by Enigma

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I simply wondered if you were all still behind the investors plans, given your predicament and the possible need for new priorities.

I'm unsure us heavily investing in youth development whilst playing in the seaside league is going to be much use. They'll need to weigh up the finances of spending heavily on re-enforcements this window compared to the finances of playing in the seaside leagues. I think they'll soon realise that we simply cannot afford to get relegated with all these plans that are in place. They're going to have to put it on the backburner for now and make sure we stay in the Championship first. Can't see it though. Can honestly see 1 or 2 players coming in that aren't really good enough and us finishing 10th without much of a challenge. Dire. 

I’d have thought teams like Dunfermline and ourselves would be better going for more of a Brentford style youth recruitment model rather than forking out thousands on a youth academy that may or may not produce a return, and if it did would surely end up mostly in the pockets of those who invested in it (DAFC Fussball GmbH).

I'm also concerned about the merits of an Academy whilst we're a struggling Chamsionship club.
If we were in the Premiership a couple of seasons and looking solid enough up there, that's the time to start investing.

Appointing two absolute charlatans of managers has made them look foolish.

On 03/01/2022 at 21:31, Chubbychops said:

Just got to give him time.

Can't keep shouting for a managers head. Falkirk have shown that changing mangers every 6 months gets you nowhere. 

Peter Grant had to go and Yogi needs a summer to prove his worth regardless of what league we're playing in.

The guy is not the brightest but I still think he will do a job for us eventually.

I was amazed at how quickly he lost the dressing room at Raith, although he always does evetually. From what I know of him he has zero ppl skills and always reverts to loudest shout wins.

But you're right, the managerial merry go round for all the clubs at our level is a disaster, bring back the Leishman and Jeffries eras where the stability of their positions lead to some confidence within the teams for the boardrooms and the fans alike

7 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

I was amazed at how quickly he lost the dressing room at Raith, although he always does evetually. From what I know of him he has zero ppl skills and always reverts to loudest shout wins.

I think in some way he’d almost lost it before he stepped into it. Bobby Barr had played under him before at Livi and had had a feud with him then. Bobby, despite being pretty gash for us was named players’ player of the season. There’s also the mysterious mutual departure of Joel Coustrain. Safe to say by that point I’m sure he’d lost the players completely.

30 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

But you're right, the managerial merry go round for all the clubs at our level is a disaster, bring back the Leishman and Jeffries eras where the stability of their positions lead to some confidence within the teams for the boardrooms and the fans alike

You've quoted me before the 5 nil drubbing to Morton.  No sure I'm feeling quite so understanding this afternoon haha.

Bitter wee team mentality. How much did you guys borrow to build your hospitality shed? 

Slightly different. Making an investment to get a return to make a profit, What I was talking about was when your previous board couldn’t read a balance sheet and do basic arithmetic which resulted in you shafting many local businesses (some owned by fans)

1 minute ago, honeyboy edwards said:

Slightly different. Making an investment to get a return to make a profit, What I was talking about was when your previous board couldn’t read a balance sheet and do basic arithmetic which resulted in you shafting many local businesses (some owned by fans)

Matt Richards Crying GIF by HQ Trivia

And we chased that board off. What do you want, an apology from us posters?

So what? Away write to Gavin Masterton if you're that arsed about it.