Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I mean, we have been through the embarrassment of seaside football since admin, so it's hardly a new thing for us to be going through what we are. This time it's down to complete ineptitude by the board in making big decisions.Β 

Getting back to the on field issues. I think our only hope going forward would be playing a basic 4-4-2 and just by-passing the midfield all together. It's no use launching balls to McCann constantly when there is no-one there to play off it. So why continue with the one up front thing? Just bite the bullet, play basic stuff and try and shitfest results. Doing that, combined with having a couple of midfielders that will just put themselves about and not give up on second balls, that will probably give us the only chance of winning games now. It's far too late to play "good football" and play to "philosophies of the game" We need to start battling for results now, and that probably means ditching the "easy on the eye" stuff. James Maxwell, conversely compared to Edwards, would suit that kind of mantra, so he would be a decent addition in that respect if we can just launch Edwards in to the sea. I'm mentioning him as he seems to be the only name we are solidly linked with. Our biggest problem, obviously, is the midfield, but the defence is a complete shambles as well.Β 

If Connolly is away, and it certainly looks it, you're probably looking for an experienced centre half as well. So 2 midfielders at least, a centre half, a left back and possibly a forward player depending who moves on. Good luck Yogi, you're going to need it.Β 

I mean, we have been through the embarrassment of seaside football since admin, so it's hardly a new thing for us to be going through what we are. This time it's down to complete ineptitude by the board in making big decisions.Β 
Getting back to the on field issues. I think our only hope going forward would be playing a basic 4-4-2 and just by-passing the midfield all together. It's no use launching balls to McCann constantly when there is no-one there to play off it. So why continue with the one up front thing? Just bite the bullet, play basic stuff and try and shitfest results. Doing that, combined with having a couple of midfielders that will just put themselves about and not give up on second balls, that will probably give us the only chance of winning games now. It's far too late to play "good football" and play to "philosophies of the game" We need to start battling for results now, and that probably means ditching the "easy on the eye" stuff. James Maxwell, conversely compared to Edwards, would suit that kind of mantra, so he would be a decent addition in that respect if we can just launch Edwards in to the sea. I'm mentioning him as he seems to be the only name we are solidly linked with. Our biggest problem, obviously, is the midfield, but the defence is a complete shambles as well.Β 
If Connolly is away, and it certainly looks it, you're probably looking for an experienced centre half as well. So 2 midfielders at least, a centre half, a left back and possibly a forward player depending who moves on. Good luck Yogi, you're going to need it.Β 

To be fair, you say β€˜This time’ but I’m sure that there was a time in the past when the Board also couldn’t do basic arithmetic and borrowed a little too much from the Bank

9 hours ago, honeyboy edwards said:

To be fair, you say β€˜This time’ but I’m sure that there was a time in the past when the Board also couldn’t do basic arithmetic and borrowed a little too much from the Bank

Those were the fuckin' days lads!Β 

Let's do that again.

Edited by Stoo61

39 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Serious question. Has the German investment made any difference at all?

The owners were never going to invest in the team. Not sure why their investment was going to make a difference to results.Β 

The investment is in the training ground and youth set-up which will take years to make a difference.

Edited by Chubbychops

There's still some fans of other teams who have convinced themselves that the investors are chucking money at the playing budget, despite numerous articles and interviews clearly stating that that was never the intention.

Not sure how long they'll stick around once we drop down to League 1 mind.

12 hours ago, honeyboy edwards said:

Bitter wee team mentality. How much did you guys borrow to build your hospitality shed?Β 

7 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Bitter wee team mentality. How much did you guys borrow to build your hospitality shed?Β 

It's called living within our means. If it gets us promoted then great. Better than borrowing millions and putting small businesses to the wall.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

The owners were never going to invest in the team. Not sure why their investment was going to make a difference to results.Β 

The investment is in the training ground and youth set-up which will take years to make a difference.

You need a training ground and youth set up, you go to rbs East Port or nationwide East Port, you give a business plan provide audited accounts you get what they are prepared to give you, if you can't you go to a German cosortium with no connection with the club????, loan sharks, what's in it for the gerry's?? some people are pretty naive😬

11 minutes ago, Fife par said:

You need a training ground and youth set up, you go to rbs East Port or nationwide East Port, you give a business plan provide audited accounts you get what they are prepared to give you, if you can't you go to a German cosortium with no connection with the club????, loan sharks, what's in it for the gerry's?? some people are pretty naive😬

Loan sharksΒ πŸ˜…

'Gerry's'Β πŸ˜…

Β 

Gerry's what incidentally?

Just about every club in the land owes somebody something. Raith are no different & to pretend otherwise is a bit daft. Plenty other more valid & relevant stuff to rip the pish out of us about than admin 2013.