Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I sometimes read the EEB forum.

Can't believe that so many on that forum (almost all of them) still believe that utter rat 'rosythpar' and his string of absolute bollocks.

I tried that forum for a few months but it was the same old folk saying the same old pish and moaning about dotnet with no real insight

What was this he was saying?

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Is there a chance that the Pars players look so good in training because their opposition are other Pars players? 

A low blow. More to do with playing under no real pressure. I'm sure many of us who have played football at any level were brilliant in training. I was a ball-juggling genius in my day but it all turned to crap on match day.

Is there a chance that the Pars players look so good in training because their opposition are other Pars players? 

You’d think that this was stating the obvious, but we’re on our second manager in a row that can’t work this out.

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

A low blow. More to do with playing under no real pressure. I'm sure many of us who have played football at any level were brilliant in training. I was a ball-juggling genius in my day but it all turned to crap on match day.

Same, when I played amateur we would get a kickabout on an astro once a week as 'training' and I would ping in screamers but when it came to an actual game against another side I was a shambles.  As soon as i got the ball my arse would collapse.

38 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Same, when I played amateur we would get a kickabout on an astro once a week as 'training' and I would ping in screamers but when it came to an actual game against another side I was a shambles.  As soon as i got the ball my arse would collapse.

Aye, that's 98% of us fitba fans captured in a nutshell - we're all (me included) bloody experts from the sidelines.  Criticism, as they say is the easiest skill out there .... actually delivering is a different thing altogether though!

10 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I tried that forum for a few months but it was the same old folk saying the same old pish and moaning about dotnet with no real insight

What was this he was saying?

Keeps claiming to have 'inside' information and saying things will happen, but they almost never happen.

Strangely folk keep believing him despite him being repeatedly wrong.

I’m not usually fond of comparisons between Sunday league and professional football but at this stage there really isn’t much of a difference between us.

1 minute ago, smpar said:

I’m not usually fond of comparisons between Sunday league and professional football but at this stage there really isn’t much of a difference between us.

No but the principle is the same.  You can look shit hot in training at any level then look shite in the actual games.

That’s an infuriating post match interview from Yogi. He loves the whole “just be a big passionate b*****d, you don’t need to do anything else” but our playing style under him is anything like that. He says you don’t need to do the fancy tippy-tappy stuff… but gets us playing like that?

He’s full of shite. Impassioned speeches might work a couple times a season for players who are needing a kick up the arse but that’s all the players have been working with all season under Grant and Hughes.