Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned it here but the club have announced arrangements for the Hamilton game. 

- 500 tickets, all for the Norrie (guessing to do with disabled access, distancing, more spacing in toilets, maybe even power since it'll be used for the dressing rooms)

- Season ticket only (fair enough IMO)

- First come, first served via the website (not so good if you work in a job where you can't just go online at a specific time e.g. drivers, child minders, teachers)

- Up to three tickets per application (better, mitigates the above to a certain degree)

- Waiting list so anyone who gets a ticket then tests positive or can't go for any reason can tell the club and someone who can go can get their ticket (good)

- 200 allowed in hospitality as long as it's indoors so priority given to those who have already booked (for enough but what a totally bonkers and arbitrary set of rules these are)

Unless you got hospitality for the game for Christmas

How to Find the Perfect GIF: 10 Must-Try Websites

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, this is a nonsense and appears to come from certain bigger clubs complaining about the loss of their hospitality. Very limited benefit as this level but Dunfermline will obviously gain from it. I guess Thistle also have glass fronted hospitality boxes at the back of the Jackie Husband Stand. I think Inverness do too. Anyone else? Do Killie? Anyone else?

The ruling is a little silly,  but any little fight back against the nonsense restrictions is a positive.

Managing 200 inside those boxes will be interesting,  there’s normally less than half that.   All be it there normally private boxes which won’t be the case this weekend.

Edit- in answer to your question Rovers have put a new portacabin in next to the main stand with views of the pitch, I believe they are going to be using that as a hospitality suite.

Edited by parsforlife

I see Dean Campbell is expected to go out on loan, perhaps might be looking for a gig higher up the league's but I think he would be near guaranteed game time with us.

That said I would imagine Killie now have first dibs on any Aberdeen players

ETA hes been linked down south so may be beyond our means.

Edited by 101

35 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Edit- in answer to your question Rovers have put a new portacabin in next to the main stand with views of the pitch, I believe they are going to be using that as a hospitality suite.

They are but no date of when it,ll ready for use.It,ll be uitilised as an extension to the hospitality suite in the Main Stand I believe but you need to leave the warmth of the suite to watch the game

The ruling is a little silly,  but any little fight back against the nonsense restrictions is a positive.
Managing 200 inside those boxes will be interesting,  there’s normally less than half that.   All be it there normally private boxes which won’t be the case this weekend.

Swanky [emoji2960]

Yeah, this is a nonsense and appears to come from certain bigger clubs complaining about the loss of their hospitality. Very limited benefit as this level but Dunfermline will obviously gain from it. I guess Thistle also have glass fronted hospitality boxes at the back of the Jackie Husband Stand. I think Inverness do too. Anyone else? Do Killie? Anyone else?

We do have a small new hospitality area with a glass box.

16 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah Ayr's isn't available, that's why I didn't include it.

Yes our hospitality isn’t available but our new social club is allowing 150 inside watching a live stream. This Government ruling is totally bonkers and makes zero sense. This “we had to draw a line somewhere” is just treating us as idiots.

28 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Yes our hospitality isn’t available but our new social club is allowing 150 inside watching a live stream. This Government ruling is totally bonkers and makes zero sense. This “we had to draw a line somewhere” is just treating us as idiots.

My wife works at Queen Margaret Hospital in Dunfermline and I can tell you it's on its knees. Staff is down to the bare minimum in the wards. They're so short that my wife is having to do double shifts and that means up at 5.30am, back at 9.00pm and up again tomorrow to do it all again. There's Covid in her ward so it's only a matter of time before she's off too.

My wife works at Queen Margaret Hospital in Dunfermline and I can tell you it's on its knees. Staff is down to the bare minimum in the wards. They're so short that my wife is having to do double shifts and that means up at 5.30am, back at 9.00pm and up again tomorrow to do it all again. There's Covid in her ward so it's only a matter of time before she's off too.
Sorry to hear that Beachbum, surely that just makes a mockery of the rules even further that 500 people are allowed socially distanced outside yet 200 are allowed in a drastically reduced area inside to watch the same match.

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

In no way was I playing down the covid issue but the current rules on football is a joke. It’ll all change miraculously when the Premiership and the rugby start up. I can’t believe the easy ride the government are getting from fans and authorities. 

The Premiership has had restricted games. They aren't getting favourable treatment. They moved their winter break to avoid having most games under the restrictions. The timeline given by the government for restrictions hasn't (yet) changed. Unsure where this 'miraculous' lifting of the restrictions is coming from when it was the stated intention from the very start.

Edited by DA Baracus

41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The Premiership has had restricted games. They aren't getting favourable treatment. They moved their winter break to avoid having most games under the restrictions. The timeline given by the government for restrictions hasn't (yet) changed. Unsure where this 'miraculous' lifting of the restrictions is coming from when it was the stated intention from the very start.

They are looking at the restrictions next week I believe. I’m pretty confident they’ll allow much more than 500 in once the Premiership begins 

12 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

They are looking at the restrictions next week I believe. I’m pretty confident they’ll allow much more than 500 in once the Premiership begins 

The three weeks still has another week to run.

28 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

That's not a bad thing though if all clubs can get more fans in.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's not a bad thing though if all clubs can get more fans in.

Yes but my point is 500 outside with 200 inside does not make sense. We should be allowed several thousand outside for games right now. Most stadiums have 3 sides closed off and everyone of the 500 in one stand. Stop defending what is plainly a stupid law just because it is made by your preferred party. A bad law is a bad law

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

Yes but my point is 500 outside with 200 inside does not make sense. We should be allowed several thousand outside for games right now. Most stadiums have 3 sides closed off and everyone of the 500 in one stand. Stop defending what is plainly a stupid law just because it is made by your preferred party. A bad law is a bad law

Ah, as I thought you'd do you accused me of defending the restrictions. I've done no such thing. All I pointed out was that the Premiership are not getting favourable treatment.

Also, the SNP are not my preferred party.