Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Club really stretching things out with their definition of the coming days about access to the Hamilton match,  ok they still have a bit of time,  but given the restrictions were announced 3 weeks ago,  and every other club has worked out a system it shouldn't be that hard.

The article implying imminent news has dropped off the front page! Still, at least the club is doing a great job at improving fan relations after recent tensions...

Hypothetically, would you take Griffiths?

Maybe on a 6 month rolling to see if he would pull his socks up...but I reckon hes probably finished. 

Haven't watched him recently but he'd be far too good for this level, no? And he'd probably demand a wage far beyond our reach.

Maybe on a 6 month rolling to see if he would pull his socks up...but I reckon hes probably finished. 

Nah, would rather Todorov/Wighton got a run in the team than give him a chance.

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
50 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Haven't watched him recently but he'd be far too good for this level, no? And he'd probably demand a wage far beyond our reach.

Bombed by Celtic and looks like he's getting punted by Dundee too. Dunfermline would be the logical next step on the spiral of decline.

Don't think his talent is in question, I would assume he just doesn't care about being an athlete etc. 

No thanks. His attitude is fucking stinking and he comes with a lot of baggage.

Ewan Henderson signed for Hibs. Didn’t someone mention him in here recently and the consensus was that he was okay/decent enough but not exactly the player we’re needing to turn the season around?

Ewan Henderson signed for Hibs. Didn’t someone mention him in here recently and the consensus was that he was okay/decent enough but not exactly the player we’re needing to turn the season around?

Surely nobody said that? I mean, I don’t think he was amazing here, but he certainly had a positive impact on the team and is much better than anything we have. Wonder if Henderson in at Hibs could mean Scott Allan’s coming back to the championship? Think I saw that they’ve signed a couple of strikers too, maybe Nisbet money coming our way?

Leigh Griffiths' baggage totally trumps his footballing skill, which is undeniable. No chance could we afford him anyway, but his career has totally nose dived not far away from the Championship because of his behavioral issues. 
Ewan Henderson is a good player, but not what we need. We need a battling centre-mid that can take games by the scruff of the neck. The lack of direction and leadership, in the midfield especially, is staggering. 

Surely nobody said that? I mean, I don’t think he was amazing here, but he certainly had a positive impact on the team and is much better than anything we have. Wonder if Henderson in at Hibs could mean Scott Allan’s coming back to the championship? Think I saw that they’ve signed a couple of strikers too, maybe Nisbet money coming our way?

I’m sure I said something to the effect of what DAFC. has said above. There was nothing specifically wrong with Henderson when he was here, from what I remember he was decent enough and I’d be happy to have him here. He certainly wouldn’t solve our problems singlehandedly though and we need a far more influential and dominant midfielder.

I’m sure I said something to the effect of what DAFC. has said above. There was nothing specifically wrong with Henderson when he was here, from what I remember he was decent enough and I’d be happy to have him here. He certainly wouldn’t solve our problems singlehandedly though and we need a far more influential and dominant midfielder.

Fair enough, think I misinterpreted the initial post. Would agree that he certainly wouldn’t single handedly sort our midfield issues. I don’t think there is one player that would though, think we need at least 2.

Surprised nobody has mentioned it here but the club have announced arrangements for the Hamilton game. 

- 500 tickets, all for the Norrie (guessing to do with disabled access, distancing, more spacing in toilets, maybe even power since it'll be used for the dressing rooms)

- Season ticket only (fair enough IMO)

- First come, first served via the website (not so good if you work in a job where you can't just go online at a specific time e.g. drivers, child minders, teachers)

- Up to three tickets per application (better, mitigates the above to a certain degree)

- Waiting list so anyone who gets a ticket then tests positive or can't go for any reason can tell the club and someone who can go can get their ticket (good)

- 200 allowed in hospitality as long as it's indoors so priority given to those who have already booked (for enough but what a totally bonkers and arbitrary set of rules these are)

On 03/01/2022 at 00:05, DA Baracus said:

Haha, absolutely none of those clubs will want him. I doubt even Sevco actually want him. He isn't good enough.

Kennedy's a strange one. You guys will have seen a lot more of him than me but he's now had 3 loan spells in this division with mediocre success at best. He did ok at ICT (and absolutely destroyed us in one game last season) but both Raith and Dunfermline fans have only seen a peripheral figure who has been involved sparingly. Still long enough to win Dunfermline a point against us again though with a goal and two assists a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he could just make a career out of playing against us!

He's had a lot of press and clearly given his occasional bursts of unplayableness he has a talent, but there's no consistency and not even anything vaguely approaching it yet. Will be interesting to see his next move.

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned it here but the club have announced arrangements for the Hamilton game. 

- 500 tickets, all for the Norrie (guessing to do with disabled access, distancing, more spacing in toilets, maybe even power since it'll be used for the dressing rooms)

- Season ticket only (fair enough IMO)

- First come, first served via the website (not so good if you work in a job where you can't just go online at a specific time e.g. drivers, child minders, teachers)

- Up to three tickets per application (better, mitigates the above to a certain degree)

- Waiting list so anyone who gets a ticket then tests positive or can't go for any reason can tell the club and someone who can go can get their ticket (good)

- 200 allowed in hospitality as long as it's indoors so priority given to those who have already booked (for enough but what a totally bonkers and arbitrary set of rules these are)

I thought they would have done a ballot but suspect the fact that they had the system from the league cup games ready and waiting played a part in them going with first come, first served. These restrictions really are outrageous though, the fact that 200 people can be confined in hospitality but only 500 people are permitted to sit, outside, in an 11k seater stadium is mad. 

Really thought we'd see some more signings in for this one (perhaps a Friday afternoon pen on the way?) and with the departures of Vytas and Graham this week we could probably do with another centre half coming in, even more so as it looks Connolly will be gone after the Accies game. I haven't actually seen an announcement on Kennedy being recalled but assuming he has and is not involved in the squad on Saturday we are starting to look thin on the ground. 

As has been discussed Pybus wasn't spectacular but put in a good shift and at least showed a bit of desire which is more than what can be said of Dorrans, however fully expect Dorrans to be in from the start and I'll be pretty mythed if it's alongside Allan and Todd (both of whom I think should be replaced this window with the latter going at the end of the season). Will we see a surprise start for Lewis Martin this game or still too soon? Yogi mentioned his involvement in midfield against Livi which I thought was a surprise, personally I'd like to see him slot in at LB and give Edwards a long needed spell on the bench.

Tomorrow is an absolute must win where a defeat will see us slump to the foot of the table, depressing times.

22 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Yeah, this is a nonsense and appears to come from certain bigger clubs complaining about the loss of their hospitality. Very limited benefit as this level but Dunfermline will obviously gain from it. I guess Thistle also have glass fronted hospitality boxes at the back of the Jackie Husband Stand. I think Inverness do too. Anyone else? Do Killie? Anyone else?

Edited by Skyline Drifter

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, this is a nonsense and appears to come from certain bigger clubs complaining about the loss of their hospitality. Very limited benefit as this level but Dunfermline will obviously gain from it. I guess Thistle also have glass fronted hospitality boxes at the back of the Jackie Husband Stand. I think Inverness do too. Anyone else? Do Killie? Anyone else?

Ayr as well but they are/were using it as a changing room.