Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
18 hours ago, ATLIS said:
Zero chance, it's already been in the papers a lot about Martindale saying he's coming back to be a first choice player for us

Pretty please?

We're looking to punt Panayiotou :D Looks like you'll have missed out on Jack Hamilton too

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Board_Statement_&ID=13512

Sounds like Pars voted against continuing with the games but were out voted.

Decided to go crowd free and not bother with 500 fans.

Totally understand the clubs decision. Total disgrace from the Scottish Government. Far more covid spreading environments allowed to continue.  

Financial support better be on it's way.

I get why they are going with no fans. There just isn't enough time to get everything in place for having fans there.

15 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Is there any reason we can't move the ICT game to the cup weekend as we're both out? Genuine question. SFA rules or something?

No reason. Games have been moved before to cup weekends before when clubs are out of the cup. Maybe they asked ICT and ICT said no? There's no advantage to them of moving the game, but some to us. If it's moved they will probably be playing a better team, as would have at least a couple of signings in and potentially Thomas back. We'd also have the home crowd too. Play it as scheduled and they go up against the same dross with no Thomas and no home crowd (even though it would have been a low one). Certainly if I was making such decisions at Inverness I'd say no for the exact reasons I've just outlined. 

But that's just speculation. Maybe the club didn't ask for it to be moved. I don't know.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I get why they are going with no fans. There just isn't enough time to get everything in place for having fans there.

No reason. Games have been moved before to cup weekends before when clubs are out of the cup. Maybe they asked ICT and ICT said no? There's no advantage to them of moving the game, but some to us. If it's moved they will probably be playing a better team, as would have at least a couple of signings in and potentially Thomas back. We'd also have the home crowd too. Play it as scheduled and they go up against the same dross with no Thomas and no home crowd (even though it would have been a low one). Certainly if I was making such decisions at Inverness I'd say no for the exact reasons I've just outlined. 

But that's just speculation. Maybe the club didn't ask for it to be moved. I don't know.

Quite possibly. You would hope that after the last two years clubs would want to do whatever they could do allow a normal fan experience, despite any perceived sporting advantage otherwise. And who at ICT wants to travel down to Fife on a dreich night on 29th Dec? 

11 hours ago, par-adise said:

Is there any reason we can't move the ICT game to the cup weekend as we're both out? Genuine question. SFA rules or something?

Likewise our game v Hamilton on Jan 2nd. I'm not sure if we've considered asking yet but I'm pretty sure the SPFL would reject it anyway. They are very conscious of the expectation of a wave of postponements in the New Year for both Covid and weather and will not be keen to allow clubs to voluntarily defer games that could be played back to a date they might need for something else later.

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

Quite possibly. You would hope that after the last two years clubs would want to do whatever they could do allow a normal fan experience, despite any perceived sporting advantage otherwise. And who at ICT wants to travel down to Fife on a dreich night on 29th Dec? 

I have absolutely zero expectation that clubs will put that ahead of their own interests, including ours.

Good player although I don't think Martindale rated him as highly as the fans. Signed as an emergency initially but he had a great run at left back prior to COVID ending the season. We then signed two left backs last summer and only played centre back from then onwards.

Surprised he has been without a club for so long.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Yeah, I’ve always like him. Was good at Partick. Would be a great signing if he is fit. One of the positions we are weak in. Edwards just hasn’t got it and there is no immediate back up there.