Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That today proved, yet again, how shite we were. We scrambled for a point which I didn’t think we deserved at home to the team at the bottom of the table. It’s mental how this has been allowed to happen.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Absolutely. I was responding to the joke(?) that he was a ‘miracle worker’.

I think that was aimed at those who seem to think this season has been a bit of bad luck and we're not entitled to expect more,  therefore 4th should be considered an excellent performance.

Not many of that mindset on here mind.

Just now, DAFC. said:

That today proved, yet again, how shite we were. We scrambled for a point which I didn’t think we deserved at home to the team at the bottom of the table. It’s mental how this has been allowed to happen.

Mental is one way of saying it,  disgusting would be word I'd choose,  our BOD need to have a serious look in the mirror and look at why their decisions have seriously damaged the club. 

I know they have done a lot for the club, putting in time, effort and cash,  but the mismanagement this season can cost us not only a championship place (putting us back 4-5 seasons) but upwards of a million pounds.  That's a lot to be made up from outside investment.

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Exactly mate.

I was stunned to see applause from a small minority of Pars fans at the end.

Maybe applauding Lewis McCann for giving more a shit than the rest of the team combined.

Oh, Can I just single out a few names that need to be called out as fucking useless today.

OFW (again....stick painting please)

Comrie

Breen

Edwards ( fucking awful player. Enable to play a 5 yard pass and gets skinned by any average winger)

Todd( never going to make it)

Dow(Teflon) Utter shite since he came back but plays every week regardless of how anonymous he is. 10 men with this guy in the team.

Exactly mate.
Maybe applauding Lewis McCann for giving more a shit than the rest of the team combined.

There was people applauding after the Hamilton game. Free speech and that but deary me if that’s the level we are at…

Definitely the worst team I’ve seen at this level. Vast majority of that team are dogshit.

9 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yogi said it was the slowest we’ve started under him. Having been at the Hamilton game, I refuse to believe that’s possible.

We didn't concede after a few minutes at Hamilton tbf.

We've taken on the Falkirk motto,  no matter how bad you think it is,  it can always get worse.

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We didn't concede after a few minutes at Hamilton tbf.

We've taken on the Falkirk motto,  no matter how bad you think it is,  it can always get worse.

Trying our best to claim the clown shoe cup from them. They are miles ahead to be fair. 

I can't believe how shit they must be after watching that utter vomit from the Pars today.

53 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Crawford was totally average. Scraping into the top 4 was no great achievement; our replacement being absolutely shite doesn’t change that fact.

Again, some of our fans didn’t/don’t rate Dom Thomas. Just fucking look at our creative threat without him.

Crawford's issue was that that he was a huge shitebag as manager. Our start last season was decent but he was far too afraid of conceding rather than going for scoring. Frustrating as he had/has a good record with signings. He seems to identify targets early for a certain shape. It will never happen, but would love to see him be employed in the role of being the guy to sign players.

25 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Exactly mate.

Can't fault McCann's effort one bit, but I don't think effort was lacking from any other player.

25 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yogi said it was the slowest we’ve started under him. Having been at the Hamilton game, I refuse to believe that’s possible.

Hughes is a slaver, but perhaps he meant in terms of conceding? 

14 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Oh, Can I just single out a few names that need to be called out as fucking useless today.

OFW (again....stick painting please)

Comrie

Breen

Edwards ( fucking awful player. Enable to play a 5 yard pass and gets skinned by any average winger)

Todd( never going to make it)

Dow(Teflon) Utter shite since he came back but plays every week regardless of how anonymous he is. 10 men with this guy in the team.

You missed Connolly and Dorrans.

A guy who scored can’t be described as useless tbf.

Crawford was completely average. Overall, he was neither great or shite but he was very streaky at times. Think he’s simply a better coach than he is a manager.

We play the current Top 4 in our next four games. If we don’t improve a lot in this period then we will lose all of those matches and be sitting bottom of the league with 15 games left.

Whats your thoughts on Hughes. When he first came to us he talked a really good game but is very old school and failed to motivate our players. He may have inherited a crap team with us and was unable to bring in his players but he failed miserably and lost the fans and some of the players.

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Whats your thoughts on Hughes. When he first came to us he talked a really good game but is very old school and failed to motivate our players. He may have inherited a crap team with us and was unable to bring in his players but he failed miserably and lost the fans and some of the players.

Bit early to decide. I think he makes very similar comments to Peter Grant about this bunch.

The difference is that Grant built this shifest and Yogi deserves a chance to build his own team. If we go down, I will still give him the time to turn this mess around.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Thought his delivery from the corners he took was good to be fair and plays some nice longer range passing at times and made a few good defensive challenges, not sure he looked that exposed today especially when you compare us getting done twice on the right hand side when we had 2 players who should know how to defend on that wing.

I went along today, after only enduring a first half against Partick earlier in the season. I don't think I'll be in any rush to go back and watch these shower of shitebags any time soon. Completely devoid if any enthusiasm to watch that crap. People talk about that being Grant's team and that's what Yogi has inherited (I can understand this), but to continue with a formation that inhabits our best player ("Dorrans is the best player at the club - Yogi"), a natural wing in Dow who is effectively being drawn into the middle of the park, and have a lone striker who is 1. starved of decent service consistently, and 2. So bloody isolated that he has to always try and bring the ball into feet without sufficient support is mind boggling. Look at the wee bit off difference when O'Hara came on, first thing they both did was combine with a flick on from McCann, O'Hara played it back to him, attacking towards goal, a good chance almost created

Is our squad really that shit? Cannot handle it in the fucking championship?

I'm very interested in what Yogi does in January, however, I'm not planning on returning any time soon to watch that shower of shite.

On 11/12/2021 at 23:33, DA Baracus said:

You missed Connolly and Dorrans.

Wit? The latter I can get right behind but Connolly was one of the few with pass marks I thought. Won pretty much all his defensive headers, scored and look composed on the ball. Also not helped by his utterly useless partner, I'd be pleased if Connolly signed permanently.

Edited by VinnyPar

8 hours ago, raith1974 said:

You can only pish with the cock you've got, he's inherited a squad of absolute nobodies that Klopp himself wouldn't be able to get a tune out of. I'll reserve judgement until he brings in some of his own players. I am a bit frustrated that he's persisting with the one up top though, especially at home.

Not going to lie, I’m not totally convinced by Yogi at the moment. He said that last week wasn’t good enough from the midfield and wide players, in terms of linking up with McCann. He then went with the exact same midfield and forward options and we went on to create absolutely nothing from open play.

Likewise, he has said he dropped Vytas, who has been fairly solid, in favour of Breen simply because Breen is left footed. I’m sorry, but it doesn’t make that much difference. Majority of Breen’s passes were just to Edwards - which is actually easier for a right footed player in that position!

Dorrans had a very poor game and should have been taken off. He was causing our defence problems. Likewise, Dow has done absolutely nothing under Yogi, but plays every week.

Sticking with MacDonald on the wing is another terrible decision that is costing us points. Even if he’s not playing that well, Dow would be more effective there and we could play a central midfielder in central midfield instead of Dow. MacDonald looks so uncomfortable and is honestly completely useless as a winger.

So far, I think Yogi’s all talk. Obviously he’s better than Grant, but his team selection is confusing and doesn’t seem to match his post match or pre match comments. It honestly feels like he has his 11 favourite players and will play them regardless, until he can bring in others.

In his defence, he’s getting something out of McCann that AJ, Crawford and Grant couldn’t. Todd had a good game v Ayr as well and up until yesterday, he had Dorrans playing well. We also now have a threat from set pieces, something Grant seemed to neglect. We still can’t defend them though.

I know I’ve mentioned it already in this post, but I really don’t get his moaning about lack of support for McCann, then playing the same players/system and expecting different results. It just reminds me of Grant moaning about the 3-5-2 not working, but sticking with it and expecting different results.

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

You can only pish with the cock you've got, he's inherited a squad of absolute nobodies that Klopp himself wouldn't be able to get a tune out of. I'll reserve judgement until he brings in some of his own players. I am a bit frustrated that he's persisting with the one up top though, especially at home.

It's strange because on paper you appear to have a good squad. Its like Killie they have probably the strongest squad in the league but they appear to lack something which can only come from the management.