Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It won't happen, but if we let Frankie Musonda go through choice and then end up playing Dave McKay at right back, I'll throw my season ticket onto the pitch in a fit of rage. There'll be tears and snotters everywhere. 

Nobody is arsed m8.

Yogi's post match explaining he feels we need to sacrifice a partner for Mccann for an extra body in midfield because otherwise we'd get overrun..Get what he's saying but when you've the likes of McDonald, Dow and Todd (to a lesser extent) being utterly anonymous then you've really just got to twist and say f**k it, I'll go with 2. Can't get much worse.

Yogi's post match explaining he feels we need to sacrifice a partner for Mccann for an extra body in midfield because otherwise we'd get overrun..Get what he's saying but when you've the likes of McDonald, Dow and Todd (to a lesser extent) being utterly anonymous then you've really just got to twist and say f**k it, I'll go with 2. Can't get much worse.
Yup. Get O Hara or Wighton up there and just fucking go for goals. Todd will never make it at even League One level. Dow is a husk of the player he was. Mcdonald is wasted out wide and I might even drop Comrie for him right now.
Replacing Edwards is a must. Queens had so much joy first half, so much bloody space.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Slightly worrying that hughes has placed more emphasis on being left footed over being able to play football. 

Thought Connolly and Gaspuitis was one of the few areas of the park the was OK. Breen was certainly a downgrade yesterday.

At the end of the Hamilton game, we looked better with 2 up top when todorov came on. Same as yesterday, todorov came on and we could actually hold the ball in the final third for more than 3 seconds. Don’t agree with the hammering todorov has got since yesterday.. he misplaced one pass in the time he was on, other than that he won about 5 or 6 headers. Drop Todd for pybus, push dow out wide and get one of the 3 forwards on to support McCann. I’ve absolutely no doubt we’d get more joy with wighton and Ohara up top than what we’ve had the last couple of games. 

Allan has a better footballing brain, he's constantly looking around and can play a decent pass.  Todd is a bit quicker and has better defensive positioning, though I'd love if someone could teach him how to bring a man down, there's been a few times he's tried the take a yellow effort and had the opponent just comfortably shrug him off.

Don't think there's a huge amount between them,  but they take different roles.

Who plays should depend on what senior guys are available

Paul Allan is a much better option than Todd, who in my opinion should not see beyond this season for Dunfermline. 

Centre midfield is the absolute priority for Jan, followed closely by goalkeeper and a winger. Kennedy to be fair to him had a good game yesterday but I still think his final product is lacking. Playing Dow in a central role is like being a man down, he contributed nothing to the game and as others have mentioned has been generally awful since returning from injury.

Dorrans had another horror show in the middle of the park, partly at fault for the first goal for losing a 50/50 and just passed side to side all game. Would genuinely rather have Allan in there before him. Pybus offered nothing when he came on either, thankfully guys like him and Cole are only on one year deals, awful.

Agree with comments above we have to go 2 up front, I actually thought McCann had a very good game yesterday but you simply cannot have players like O'Hara/Wighton warming the bench when we are as bad as we are.

One positive for me yesterday was Connolly, would like to see him sign permanently and take the armband. Took his goal well and hardly lost a defensive header, although won't praise him too much as he was part of a defence leaking 3 goals. Thought Breen and Edwards were awful all game and Comrie could do with a spell on the bench. Hopefully Lewis Martin can get himself fit enough to earn a 6 month deal and come in for Edwards. Is Vytas injured?

Since Hughes was appointed, we’ve picked up 7 points from 4 games. That’s much better than Grant could manage, although it’s true that we’re approaching a far harder run of matches.

The team is clearly very poor and remains grossly imbalanced. That will only be fixed by some comings and goings. Think it would be daft to judge him so early, especially when he’s not had the chance to make any changes to the squad.

Will Yogi be a great choice for us in the medium to long term? It’s far too early to tell but I’d probably say no. I do think he gives us a far better chance of avoiding the bottom two than Grant did, although I’d still have preferred Petrie or Robertson.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Centre half isn’t an issue. Midfield is desperately needing sorted.

If we can get Lewis Martin back and firing then that will sort the left-back issue, as Edwards is utter guff.

We have looked much better up top with Todorov and McCann. Can actually hold the ball up whenever Todorov has came off from the bench. Yogi can surely see this?

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Todorov is awful and can't understand anyone clamouring for him to play, slower than a week in the jail and for a guy his size can barely win a header.

Not sure you watch the same games as me. He wins more than his fair share id say. 

11 hours ago, OwenDAFC said:

Not sure you watch the same games as me. He wins more than his fair share id say. 

He won every header when he came on on Saturday. Wouldn't be pretty but we could do worse than playing hoof ball to him and McCann for 90 minutes and bypassing our midfield altogether.

He won every header when he came on on Saturday. Wouldn't be pretty but we could do worse than playing hoof ball to him and McCann for 90 minutes and bypassing our midfield altogether.

Given QoS had no centre halves playing on Saturday, I couldn’t understand why this wasn’t the tactic we used. McCann and Todorov won every high ball when they were on the park together and we really should have tried to exploit that, rather than passing it between the defence and keeper at 3-2 down and at 3-3.

If Hughes can being a reasonable proportion of his own player in,  you'll be fine.  It's the scenario of him working with what you have that could be a disaster.

Challenge I guess is bringing that quality in, when half the league are in a title battle at the moment.