Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

“Some”? They were all shite apart from Mark Burchill and Alan McGregor.

An outrageous thing to say about Sol Bamba!

He found big Dorus playing for a Dutch amatuer team  in a pre-season tour tae!

Mixed bag we could say in terms of his signings.

I was referring to season 2005-06 tbh. He signed some good players the following season but we still went down. He was well past his best and should have stood down in 2006 tbh. Hindsight and all that.

5 hours ago, par-adise said:

No idea the accuracy of this but it back up your claim https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-championship/dunfermline-athletic/

Most of the other figures look about what I'd expect tbh. The one terrifying outlier is Mehmet if accurate.

If that's anywhere near accurate it's nice to know we have about £110k worth of goalkeepers the most expensive one looks worse than the cheaper one.

You have to think that I doubt the club could afford to bring in another goalkeeper on that sort of wedge and therefore anyone anywhere near the quality we need.

6 hours ago, 101 said:

If that's anywhere near accurate it's nice to know we have about £110k worth of goalkeepers the most expensive one looks worse than the cheaper one.

You have to think that I doubt the club could afford to bring in another goalkeeper on that sort of wedge and therefore anyone anywhere near the quality we need.

110k on absolute dug shite. OFW needed replaced in the summer. Grant identified this issue and then pursued to sign the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen as his replacement.  

The goalkeeping position has been an absolute disaster over the last 5 years. 

OFW needed replaced in the summer. Grant identified this issue and then pursued to sign the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen as his replacement.  

Being awful generous to David Hutton and Chris Smith there. Mehmet is bad, don’t get me wrong. But those 2 were really abysmal. I’m probably forgetting others as well. We seem to really struggle with our keepers - maybe it’s a coaching issue?

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Being awful generous to David Hutton and Chris Smith there. Mehmet is bad, don’t get me wrong. But those 2 were really abysmal. I’m probably forgetting others as well. We seem to really struggle with our keepers - maybe it’s a coaching issue?

Yeah. Some really bad keepers. I think I'm being generous when to say in the last 5 years too. It clearly goes back much further than that.

5 years about right.  Murdoch was decent and last played in 2017,  tho his later stages he was beginning to struggle playing through injury.

Before him scully was decent at league 1.

You then need to go back to about 2007 when Gallagher played if you don’t count the few months he was fit at start of 11/12.

Strangely before him leaving 1st time round we never went long without a decent keeper.  

Smith was awful but in his defence was goalie in a league winning campaign and did actually have the odd really good game (Falkirk away for example).

Mehmet was flinging a ball in the back of the net every week.

Need about 3 centre mids. Honestly that team is fucking rancid. Having Dom in it is just putting a bowtie on a turd.

You’d have to imagine Wighton is done with us now. Kennedy and Graham will probably return to their clubs as well. Yogi will definitely get leeway with making signings. You just have to hope he can get it right as his track record is rather iffy.

Crawford was, mainly, brilliant in the transfer market. His signings were mostly really good, both in terms of quality and how they fit in to the team*. He would only sign a player if he could see how they would fit in to the team. Grant had  no discernable signing policy, seemingly signing guys for numbers rather than a purpose. Cole and Jones are the two obvious examples.

*He had a few poor signings, but no managers in history have had a 100% signing record.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Crawford was totally average. Scraping into the top 4 was no great achievement; our replacement being absolutely shite doesn’t change that fact.

Again, some of our fans didn’t/don’t rate Dom Thomas. Just fucking look at our creative threat without him.

Totally average seems like heaven compared to now.