Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not a chance Yogi came in without assurances he’d be able to wheel and deal a little.

Club also has to consider how much it would cost to go down to League 1 as a comparison because that remains a very real possibility.

So who pays for the wheeling and dealing? Your outgoing chairman?

We need to look at what St Mirren did a few years back as inspiration. 
They managed to bin loads of duds in the winter window and bring a good few in to turn it round.
I hope there's some honest conversations with the likes of Cole and Mehmet and tell them there's no future at the club. The may hang on til the summer but St Mirren somehow managed to get rid of guys under contract when desperately needed.
This isn't a bring in 1 or 2 job here. We need a turn around of 4-5 at least.
We need  a new keeper,  a left back, two central midfielders and at least one winger. Then get rid of one of our keepers, Cole, Kennedy, Graham and Jones. 
Worth remembering Falkirk did the same and still ended up getting relegated.

43 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

So who pays for the wheeling and dealing? Your outgoing chairman?

Rovers fans care more about our financial situation than anyone on Earth. Not sure whether to be flattered or creeped out tbh.

I think a big part of any January business will need to be freeing up wages. As happens every single year, there will be loan deals and players not getting games elsewhere who become free agents.

Hughes has spoken openly about wanting to bring players in and having been given the green light to start “spinning the plates” as he puts it.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

58 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
4 hours ago, Chubbychops said:
We need to look at what St Mirren did a few years back as inspiration. 
They managed to bin loads of duds in the winter window and bring a good few in to turn it round.
I hope there's some honest conversations with the likes of Cole and Mehmet and tell them there's no future at the club. The may hang on til the summer but St Mirren somehow managed to get rid of guys under contract when desperately needed.
This isn't a bring in 1 or 2 job here. We need a turn around of 4-5 at least.
We need  a new keeper,  a left back, two central midfielders and at least one winger. Then get rid of one of our keepers, Cole, Kennedy, Graham and Jones. 

Worth remembering Falkirk did the same and still ended up getting relegated.

Precisely why he mentions doing what St Mirren did & didn't make any reference to Falkirk

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I've no doubt he'd tear it up for yous (again).

If he doesn’t make it at Dunfermline maybe time for him to look into it I mean where does he go after. He’s from Dundee and stays just outside it going towards Perth where we train. Loved here already. It feels similar to Bobby. Maybe time to take a good solid PT wage and look into a career. 

14 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Can see some of our dross heading to Falkirk. Hopefully none coming the other direction. 

Thought there was an unwritten agreement that every team has to have an ex-Falkirk player or two on them so that Falkirk can explain away their losses as being caused by bitter ex-players.

Yeah, McGlynn mentioned at the start of the season that Kennedy had been a very, very expensive loan for us. I’d imagine you would have the wages saved for a really good player at this level by sending him back.

I heard from a player (not a Raith player) a couple of years back when Kennedy was negotiating his new Rangers deal (was that just before he came to us?) his wage demands were £4K+ per week.

He did sign a new contract so he must have got something he was happy with. Unbelievable to think he could be on £200k a year.

I heard from a player (not a Raith player) a couple of years back when Kennedy was negotiating his new Rangers deal (was that just before he came to us?) his wage demands were £4K+ per week.

He did sign a new contract so he must have got something he was happy with. Unbelievable to think he could be on £200k a year.

Wouldn’t surprise me. He seems to be highly rated simply because he’s small and quick. I’m really not sure what else he’s got. I’ve seen him have a few decent runs with the ball at Dunfermline but I’ve never seen him have a shot on target, play a decent pass to a teammate in a good area or hit a cross that finds a team mate.

I genuinely don’t believe that our issue is the strikers. Even Lewis McCann has scored goals now. The issue is the service to the strikers and lack of support that the strikers get from wingers/midfielders. I think we’re a worse team with Kennedy in it - and that’s saying something! MacDonald was very poor on Saturday and is never a winger. But Kennedy was still the worst winger in our team on Saturday. I honestly wouldn’t be disappointed at all if he didn’t play for us again.

If he does well elsewhere and has a good career, good on him. But I don’t think he seems up for any sort of fight. As soon as anyone is remotely physical with him, he’ll disappear for the rest of the game. He is the opposite of what we need right now.

Kennedy, for me, is too one-note. When he first pitched up at Caley last season he was on fire, but nobody knew how to handle him. When he came to the Rovers, he was phenomenal on his debut at Tynecastle and in the few games after that, but by the third round of fixtures he was being routinely marked out of games.

This season, I think, has just been a continuation of that. Particularly because the Pars haven't exactly had a multitude of other threats to keep defenders occupied. 

He's still got plenty time to develop his game, and he might be better suited to playing in a team that has a lot of the ball and carries threats all over the park. When we had Barrie McKay on loan from Rangers he looked useless at 0-0 or 1-0 either way, but you sensed that if you went 3-0 up he'd come alive and be able to make it 4 or 5. His only good game for us was away at Stirling Albion in the cup. Never in a million years did he look like he'd go on to have any kind of career at Championship level or above. He went back to Ibrox and looked excellent the following season. 

There's also the issue that most - not all - of the loanees that come out of Murray Park don't fancy it when the chips are down. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kennedy re-appear at Kilmarnock in January and look half decent in a number of games and outstanding in a couple before the end of the season. 

45 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Dorrans Red card overturned. 

Sensible decision but ultimately a game changing f**k up by the referee. 

Maybe, but we were apparently horseshit going forward so it's our own fault for not scoring before then.