Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Brilliant to hear that Lewis Martin played half an hour in the bounce game with Hibs this week.

First I've heard of that,  absolute fabulous news.  

Its a long road back for him and we may not see him play for the first team again,  but the fact even for a short spell he could just go play football is delightful after the time he's had.

Edited by parsforlife

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

First I've heard of that,  absolute fabulous news.  

Its a long road back for him and we may not see him play for the first team again,  but the fact even for a short spell he could just go play football is delightful after the time he's had.

From the Hughes interview on the OS:

Lewis Martin played thirty minutes in Tuesday’s friendly against a Hibs XI and the manager commented on the 25 year old defender who has not played a competitive match since 10th March last year:-

“Lewis is training with us and took part on Tuesday. He is just trying to recover from injury, he is out of contract but we have still given him all the training facilities. He is probably a wee bit behind the rest of them but he has done all his hard work and back into it with us. 

“He now needs game time to get sharp and we will need to assess him to see if he is one we might look at if he could do us a turn.”

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I think a good solution would be give him a short-term deal until end of the season and loan him out to Crawford at East Fife.

It might even need to be further down than that initially.

But whatever it takes get that boy playing football again.  

14 minutes ago, 101 said:
Good to see this back on after it wasn't able to be in 2020.

Stuff like this, the link up with the food bank etc are all really important if we want to be serious about being a community club.

I don’t even care if it adds one person to the crowd at EEP; these are initiatives the club needs to be involved with.

13 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Brilliant to hear that Lewis Martin played half an hour in the bounce game with Hibs this week.

Was this officially confirmed anywhere? Massive boost if we can get him back. Edwards is okay at going forward, but extremely suspect at the back. Sooner we can get Lewis there the better. 

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Stuff like this, the link up with the food bank etc are all really important if we want to be serious about being a community club.

I don’t even care if it adds one person to the crowd at EEP; these are initiatives the club needs to be involved with.

Tbh I think they have done this for a number of years but I don't think they, the club, have been that good at getting the word out amongst people that don't attend which is obviously important. 

We do have lots of good initiatives, Eddie's walk and talk on Friday is great, the Heritage Trust have a few things in the pipe line which I think will interest folk but all this stuff becomes harder to engage with folk when fans are being served up utter crap on the park. And of course lots more that can be done! 

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Was this officially confirmed anywhere? Massive boost if we can get him back. Edwards is okay at going forward, but extremely suspect at the back. Sooner we can get Lewis there the better. 

Yogi talked about it in his pre-match comments on the Official Site. I copy and pasted the paragraph about it on the previous page of this thread.

Yogi is refreshingly open in his interviews.  Said that O'Hara is the best striker at the club(debatable)and that nobody in the squad can play the number 10 role. 

Another manager that finds it difficult to play 2 up front and leave the midfield open or putting the extra man in midfield and become toothless up front. He seems to think a number 10 is the answer that works between midfield and forwards. Something Crawford highlighted as his biggest problem and Grant made this one of his excuses.

Personally would like to see two strikers supported with better central midfielders behind them. Central midfield two is fine if you have decent players in there.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Yogi is refreshingly open in his interviews.  Said that O'Hara is the best striker at the club(debatable)and that nobody in the squad can play the number 10 role. 

Another manager that finds it difficult to play 2 up front and leave the midfield open or putting the extra man in midfield and become toothless up front. He seems to think a number 10 is the answer that works between midfield and forwards. Something Crawford highlighted as his biggest problem and Grant made this one of his excuses.

From his pre-match interview on the YouTube channel it sounds like he wants to play Kennedy in that role. I’m assuming Kennedy played that position in the bounce game against Hibs, as Yogi wanted him playing “further forward”, he apparently scored a hat-trick so we could see him in there against Hamilton. Wighton can surely play that role as well though?