Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not just to grant but his fellow team mates and the club. 

Definitely. It summarises the dire position the club was in during, quite a few of the players had clearly stopped caring after a while. I honestly thought the damage was irreversible but it’s incredible to see the difference in the last few weeks.

50 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How many young players who break through into a first team have played in front of any serious number of fans?

If you can’t handle a couple of thousand folk at EEP then you’re not really made for professional football tbh.

I guess it's more that he must have looked reasonably competent at Cove, Grant thinks I'll have him as a ball playing CB and then one man and their dog shows up for him to crap himself.

Watson had to go , no issues with Grant or the board there. I am kind of in my head imagining Watson showing up dressed in a big hat now trying to hide his hair. Makes it funny. But none the less he let the club and fans down.

Don't doubt Grant tried, but it just wasn't good enough. My issues often with him seemed to be with his saying things like we had lots of chances in games when we didn't. I remember a thread, not sure if on here or dot net, where he said in the rangers game, we had great chances immediately after 3 of their goals...which everyone said was not true. He just reminded me of McLeish in charge of Scotland the second time, like he was watching something different from the rest of us. That issue means no fans will ever have belief in him, and i didn't.

Edited by FBadgers

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I kinda like playing that game then,  another festive fixture, what’s not to love?

Boxing Day game I like and the derby at New Year is also good.

Absolutely no need to shove another game in the middle when everyone is rooked after Christmas.

If it’s at all possible logistically then club should definitely try and move it to a Saturday afternoon.

Heard the Grant stuff earlier. Would like to have heard more, or specifically for him to be pressed a bit more about why we were so fucking abysmal under him. For example, the ludicrous back three with Comrie, and Ross Graham (why was Graham totally punted from match day squads?), and then the rigid 4-4-2. Why was Thomas ever put in central midfield when we had Todd, Allan, Dorrans, Pybus and Cole available back then? 

I'd like to hear why he signed certain players. What were his plans for them? Leon Jones for example; a totally pointless signing considering we have no reserve team and that he was signed for one year. Why was the policy of signing (mostly) younger players and developing them chucked away. What/why is Reece Cole? Was the signing of Deniz Mehmet a dare?

Hughes is playing Todd/Allan/McCann. Allan featured a bit under Grant, but not the others. Not saying that this is right (Todd still isn't convincing and McCann has had one good game for the club), but what was the thinking there? 

He claimed we played great against Ayr. We did not. We were awful. He said they scored with their only three efforts. Even our own highlights show that to be nonsense (like they did with the offside goal at Palmerston!).

He also said we played really well against St Mirren. We were absolutely dire in that game. The club website noted this:

Screenshot_20211130-174820_Opera.jpg.cfafc4ade7fbe78d853975066c12b2be.jpg

When he said there were players that haven't played in front of fans, who exactly did he mean? Even Ross Graham has played in front of fans before this season. I noted that Grant said it has been a tough three years for everyone. Does he think COVID began a year earlier than it actually did?

A slaver to the end, although I do respect that he took responsibility for things.

Heard the Grant stuff earlier. Would like to have heard more, or specifically for him to be pressed a bit more about why we were so fucking abysmal under him. For example, the ludicrous back three with Comrie, and Ross Graham (why was Graham totally punted from match day squads?), and then the rigid 4-4-2. Why was Thomas ever put in central midfield when we had Todd, Allan, Dorrans, Pybus and Cole available back then? 
I'd like to hear why he signed certain players. What were his plans for them? Leon Jones for example; a totally pointless signing considering we have no reserve team and that he was signed for one year. Why was the policy of signing (mostly) younger players and developing them chucked away. What/why is Reece Cole? Was the signing of Deniz Mehmet a dare?
Hughes is playing Todd/Allan/McCann. Allan featured a bit under Grant, but not the others. Not saying that this is right (Todd still isn't convincing and McCann has had one good game for the club), but what was the thinking there? 
He claimed we played great against Ayr. We did not. We were awful. He said they scored with their only three efforts. Even our own highlights show that to be nonsense (like they did with the offside goal at Palmerston!).
He also said we played really well against St Mirren. We were absolutely dire in that game. The club website noted this:
Screenshot_20211130-174820_Opera.jpg.cfafc4ade7fbe78d853975066c12b2be.jpg

When he said there were players that haven't played in front of fans, who exactly did he mean? Even Ross Graham has played in front of fans before this season. I noted that Grant said it has been a tough three years for everyone. Does he think COVID began a year earlier than it actually did?

A slaver to the end, although I do respect that he took responsibility for things.

Can’t disagree with any of your points/questions. Seemed quite obvious that this interview was quite scripted. They clearly spoke to him beforehand and they agreed to talk about certain things, but not to ask anything difficult/anything that would potentially harm his ego.

He came across well and seemed genuinely happy to see us win a couple of games, as well as being grateful to everyone at the club. But his lack of accountability for his own abysmal management and tactical awareness is still quite staggering.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Not sure why, but I’ve bought a ticket for Saturday. Will be the first game I’ve been to outside of Fife in over 2 years.

I’m actually really looking forward to Saturday. I’ve enjoyed going back to the football this season in general, even if it’s mostly been dire.

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Any news on the closed doors match against Hibs yesterday?

4-1 win pars. Kai Kennedy with 3...….. 

Against a youthful hibs side, nice to see him scoring though. Hopefully in the team at the weekend.

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Any news on the closed doors match against Hibs yesterday?

Short write up in the courier. Was against the young team and we won 4-1. Kennedy hat trick and Wighton. 

Would be good to see Wighton back to his form at the end of last season. And Kennedy has flattered to deceive for me so far but there's no doubt there's an exciting player in there somewhere.

On 08/11/2021 at 10:19, da_no_1 said:

There's no danger Kenny Miller will be appointed. 

I know we've been absolutely fucking terrible this season but there'll be a few teams in that bottom half that must be sh1tting themselves that we might somehow win a game. They must all be looking at our results every week praying that we get beat. If we manage to win a game or even 2 then it's all up in the air. It can all turn around quite quickly.

Just get a half decent manager on board. Soon.

Going back a few pages but DA was bang on with this, the reply by VT, less so. 

Thinks looking much rosier now. 

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Going back a few pages but DA was bang on with this, the reply by VT, less so. 

Thinks looking much rosier now. 

They sure do. However, a couple of defeats could see us back where we started if things don't go our way. I think we'll be alright though.