Walking Down The Halbeath Road

http://dlvr.it/SDNSWL

It is pleasantly bizarre to hear of players have so much ambition and optimism, given the feeling around the club between August and, what, 3 weeks ago?

If there’s one thing I would have guaranteed I wouldn’t be reading this season, it would be an article with that tone. I certainly wouldn’t have expected anything like it this side of Christmas.

Looks like the appointment of Hughes and the supporters’ meeting last week have had an incredible impact on the entire Club.

Fair point, I didn't consider that although Leish did the score our last winner at Ibrox...........[emoji3]
Bit of trivia that you may or may not be aware of:

The last player to score the winner for The Pars at Ibrox before Leishman was Bert Paton.

3 hours ago, smpar said:

http://dlvr.it/SDNSWL

It is pleasantly bizarre to hear of players have so much ambition and optimism, given the feeling around the club between August and, what, 3 weeks ago?

If there’s one thing I would have guaranteed I wouldn’t be reading this season, it would be an article with that tone. I certainly wouldn’t have expected anything like it this side of Christmas.

Looks like the appointment of Hughes and the supporters’ meeting last week have had an incredible impact on the entire Club.

We're going to win the league.

17 hours ago, DAFC. said:

McArthur never deserved the attacks, but you cannot defend his reign when it came to management: gave AJ a contract after a season of failure, kept Crawford on far too long, and, the worst of the lot, appointed Peter Grant, whilst simultaneously ignoring 80+ applicants as well as leaving it a month (at least) too long to accept it was a disaster.

Yes, we can appreciate his input in saving the club in 2013, which is undeniable, but his reign as Chairman has been a very poor and unsuccessful one.

The footballing side I think everyone would agree could have gone better but of course that's not his background and you have completely glossed over the business side of things that was his bag, managing to turn a profit in league 1 for a full time team I would suggest hasn't been done since the club managed it, then being profitable 3 years in a row I think just shows the business acumen he brought to the board, the club will be poorer for him not being at the top table although of course it's a team effort.

29 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Any idea who this was? 😂

Only one player left due to mutual consent during his short tenure don't think it will take Scottish football to put 2 and 2 together.

Weirdly looking forward to listening back to his episode on spirtsound

Just now, 101 said:

Only one player left due to mutual consent during his short tenure don't think it will take Scottish football to put 2 and 2 together.

Weirdly looking forward to listening back to his episode on spirtsound

Ahhhhhh I totally forgot about that one, makes sense

Listening to the Peter grant show now.

2 minutes in ‘ Would I have picked different teams, different systems, the answer is no’

What a deluded fucking c**t.

Apparently played really well at Ayr. 😂😂

Would have resigned if Watson wasn’t sacked,  I wish you fucking did.

Edited by parsforlife

I’m not suggesting that pissing off on holiday whilst the club is rock bottom of the league is good behaviour. What it does show, however, is the complete disconnection between the players and Grant. Watson must have felt he had absolutely no loyalty to Grant and that he didn’t deserve his respect.

Again, I don’t think the situation is intrinsically Grant’s fault, but there is a certain significance about it happening with him as the manager.

I also found the Monday part when he came back for training hilarious. He came in with a mask, hat, haircut and tan, and Grant’s standing there scratching his head going “that’s no right.”

Just listened to it. Apart from the delusional stuff about picking the same team and formation, thought he was honest and open about it all and it was nice to hear he wishes us the best. 

The stuff about Paul Watson though. You can say that it was somehow Grant's fault for his managerial ability/style or whatever but 100% kudos to Ross McArthur for saying he'll never pull on the shirt again. I don't care who the manager is, if he's taking the utter piss like that he can get to absolute f**k. Nothing will change my mind on that unless he comes out with an interview explaining things very differently, which I doubt we'll ever get. 

Great to hear he's looking for a new job. Hopefully Falkirk appoint him if Sheerin gets emptied.

37 minutes ago, smpar said:

Watson must have felt he had absolutely no loyalty to Grant and that he didn’t deserve his respect.

Not just to grant but his fellow team mates and the club. 

Thought it was interesting talking about players he brought in that had never played in front of fans, clearly talking about Ross Graham feel like he should go back to United in January and get loaned out back down the pyramid to hit restart on his career.

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

Thought it was interesting talking about players he brought in that had never played in front of fans, clearly talking about Ross Graham feel like he should go back to United in January and get loaned out back down the pyramid to hit restart on his career.

How many young players who break through into a first team have played in front of any serious number of fans?

If you can’t handle a couple of thousand folk at EEP then you’re not really made for professional football tbh.

On an unrelated note, if Caley Thistle lose their Cup replay with Morton then I’d hope the club seriously considers asking to switch our game with them on 29th Dec to the SC 4th Round weekend.

Would be far preferable to play a home game on a Saturday afternoon than at night in that shitty week between Christmas and New Year.