Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 hours ago, pawpar said:

In reverse order the 3 worse things that have happened so far this season.

3. Appoint Peter Grant the 2nd worst manager in DAFC history. (Would have been the first but as far as I know did not have sex with underage children like the current I*****d manager.)

2. Ross McArthur releasing that clusterfuck of a statement blaming DAFC fans for the mess we are in

1. Fans thinking that the sun shines out of Ross McArthur's arse despite him calling you scum. The sooner he goes the better. What he said in that statement was inexcusable.  Apparently he is one of us because he gets angry when a decision goes against us. Just like against QOS when he blamed the officials rather than Peter Grant.  Sooner he goes the better.

In Yogi we trust. Should have appointed him 2 months before we did unfortunately he has to pick up the shit that PG and RM created.  

To take a more serious approach to this nonsense:

3. He(Grant) is easily the worst manager in my lifetime. There's zero competition for that title. I first went to a game in 1990, although never started going regularly until near the end of 92/93. Kenny was never even charged with any such crime, let alone convicted. We've all heard the rumours, but what are they based on? Because some random person once said something? Also, all children all under age. By the very definition of being a child they are under age.

2. Aye, the statement was a shocker. An all time faux pas. I can't recall a worse one from the club. However, and I'm surprised no Pars fan doesn't know this, it has since been established that the certain parts were aimed at the scumbags who spat at McArthur and who punctured his tires. It was a poorly worded statement that should not have been released, but most Pars fans realise the situation and are over it.

1. McArthur has made wrong choices as chairman. He's also got a lot right, and deserves to go with the fans' respect. Think you're being incredibly unfair on him and what he's done for the club.

Agree that Grant should never have hired (and questions about that remain unanswered), and that he should have been punted long before he was, but that does not invalidate all the good McArthur has done. I feel that you are judging him solely based on managerial appointments and that statement.

In reverse order the 3 worse things that have happened so far this season.
3. Appoint Peter Grant the 2nd worst manager in DAFC history. (Would have been the first but as far as I know did not have sex with underage children like the current I*****d manager.)
2. Ross McArthur releasing that clusterfuck of a statement blaming DAFC fans for the mess we are in
1. Fans thinking that the sun shines out of Ross McArthur's arse despite him calling you scum. The sooner he goes the better. What he said in that statement was inexcusable.  Apparently he is one of us because he gets angry when a decision goes against us. Just like against QOS when he blamed the officials rather than Peter Grant.  Sooner he goes the better.
In Yogi we trust. Should have appointed him 2 months before we did unfortunately he has to pick up the shit that PG and RM created.  

Jesus Christ. I will now have some fun with the post.

3. Asterisking out Ireland. Are you 6? A bigot? A 6 year old bigot? Peter Grant is the worst ever Pars manager, that is indisputable despite whatever criminal offences others are alleged to have taken part in. Alleged being the key word as he was never charged with anything.

2. Unless Ross McArthur has split personality disorder then it wasn't him who released that statement as highlighted by the attached screenshot.

1. Once again if you read the statement again properly the comments are attributed to Thomas Meggle.
When exactly did Ross McArthur call the fans scum? The only scum are the cretins who destroyed his property, spat on him and verbally abused his family.
If it wasn't for Ross McArthur we wouldn't have a club to support, or be supporting some phoenix club in the Lowland League.
He has made several mistakes and misjudgements and will admit that himself but has put in several hours for the benefit of the club unpaid (as have all members of the board) even before we were in administration (only recently learnt that he funded the Norrie poster) but when ungrateful, uninformed arseholes make comments like this he must wonder why he bothered.
945e04a42aed1d756d97d219604bd07f.jpg

This is a weird post, feels like a sort of goodbye thanks for having me thing without actually saying that.

Hopefully Breen is fit otherwise we will have to outscore Hamilton with Graham in our back line.

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

This is a weird post, feels like a sort of goodbye thanks for having me thing without actually saying that.

Hopefully Breen is fit otherwise we will have to outscore Hamilton with Graham in our back line.

Big man here till January at least then :lol:

I personally can’t believe the Pars fans still venerate a guy who appointed Grant and stood by that numpty Crawford for way too long, that statement would just top things off.

The story about him going off his nut at linesmen from the directors box would frankly have me embarrassed if I was a Dunfermline fan.

I personally can’t believe the Pars fans still venerate a guy who appointed Grant and stood by that numpty Crawford for way too long, that statement would just top things off.
The story about him going off his nut at linesmen from the directors box would frankly have me embarrassed if I was a Dunfermline fan.
Probably because you're not aware of all the facts.

I wonder if recent developments is talking about new training ground, Grant being sacked or both…

I reckon it’ll be a subtle nod to the former as well as the obvious training ground developments etc.

I also think all the players would love to openly talk about what a fucking clown Grant is, they just can’t for obvious reasons.

52 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I can’t believe you think any Pars fan would care about your opinion on matters tbh.

McArthur never deserved the attacks, but you cannot defend his reign when it came to management: gave AJ a contract after a season of failure, kept Crawford on far too long, and, the worst of the lot, appointed Peter Grant, whilst simultaneously ignoring 80+ applicants as well as leaving it a month (at least) too long to accept it was a disaster.

Yes, we can appreciate his input in saving the club in 2013, which is undeniable, but his reign as Chairman has been a very poor and unsuccessful one.

It’s quite clear Ross should be staying on but can totally understand why he’s had enough.

Seems to be fully involved with every area of the club and has probably ended up spreading himself a little thin at times. You’d hope the new CEO would assist with that.

I’d keep him and let someone else make the decisions on choosing new managers etc. Crawford left us on the road to nowhere while Grant drove us directly off a fucking cliff.

On 26/11/2021 at 20:05, DA Baracus said:

Bert first.

Na, Leish for me (although Bert is a very close second). My first season was 84/85 & Leish dragged us from the very bottom of the Scottish football leagues, from crowds of a few hundred to over 10,000, that achievement of back to back promotions was unreal.

Bert did get us promoted to the Premier League, coping with Norries' death & I loved his teams & the way they played the game, but for me it just doesn't equal what Leish did as a manager in the 80s.

I'd agree with doing something for both before it's too late.  

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You have to include Bert's time as a player as well though. Add that to his time as manager and I think there is a very strong case.

Fair point, I didn't consider that although Leish did the score our last winner at Ibrox...........😀