Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

You're a class act, Embow, a class act. 

I reckon Leish could take Val McDermid in a square go likes. 

Oof! Touched a nerve?

For your information I have been in Jim's company a number of times in the past and always found him to be a decent guy whose passion for the Pars was very admirable. And there were of course the numerous anecdotes to listen to. However this seems to have been a decent...gotcha🐬🐬🎣🎣

PS Good luck with your cup tie tonight. Any team that puts one over the Harry Wraggs will be just braw.👍

PPS What's Val McD got to do with this? Totally irrelevant.

Edited by embow

Rosyth are a bit miffed about not being included in the final lease agreement

image.png.bbf7c8aff689d5c7aa0d4183efe05ce6.png

image.png.0fe5ed495304210fa7eed635b8e97e14.png

Just comes across as being quite bitter and petty to me. Understand their disappointment, but that ‘statement’ is just a very self-centred rant.

Would they have covered all costs above and beyond our requirements for that pitch, to make everything EoS standard, as well as all of the long term running/maintenance costs relating to that pitch? I highly doubt it, meaning that would end up costing us money.

Regardless of that, on Wednesday it seemed clear that we want this to be our facility and we wanted full control over it. If Rosyth FC are behaving like this, I can understand why we didn’t want to have to deal with them.

If the Pars Foundation or the academy want the pitch one evening and Rosyth were training/had a game, that would just cause issues. There is no benefit to us, having an EoS standard park in there, with spectator/access requirements etc. We were certainly under no obligation to include them, so I don’t know where that sense of entitlement seems to come from.

2 hours ago, embow said:

Oof! Touched a nerve?

For your information I have been in Jim's company a number of times in the past and always found him to be a decent guy whose passion for the Pars was very admirable. And there were of course the numerous anecdotes to listen to. However this seems to have been a decent...gotcha🐬🐬🎣🎣

PS Good luck with your cup tie tonight. Any team that puts one over the Harry Wraggs will be just braw.👍

PPS What's Val McD got to do with this? Totally irrelevant.

Nah man, no got any nerves, just messin about. 

Still no goal in the Scottish Cup since January 2018 and no win since November 2017.

Anyone saying it would be a 'distraction' and that we should 'focus on the league' is an absolute loser and that sentiment can f**k so far off. 

Very disappointing stuff.

9 hours ago, smpar said:

Not usually a fan of the gushing football fans do over people who have any kind of impact on their club; a stand named after them, retired jerseys etc. But I think it would be fitting for Ross McArthur to have something dedicated to him, perhaps a part of the training ground.

It’s been easy to forget recently how dedicated McArthur has been to the club. Some of his mistakes have been very frustrating, but I think his commitment to the club should be immortalised as he steps down.

McCarthur Park has a certain ring to it. 

In reverse order the 3 worse things that have happened so far this season.

3. Appoint Peter Grant the 2nd worst manager in DAFC history. (Would have been the first but as far as I know did not have sex with underage children like the current I*****d manager.)

2. Ross McArthur releasing that clusterfuck of a statement blaming DAFC fans for the mess we are in

1. Fans thinking that the sun shines out of Ross McArthur's arse despite him calling you scum. The sooner he goes the better. What he said in that statement was inexcusable.  Apparently he is one of us because he gets angry when a decision goes against us. Just like against QOS when he blamed the officials rather than Peter Grant.  Sooner he goes the better.

In Yogi we trust. Should have appointed him 2 months before we did unfortunately he has to pick up the shit that PG and RM created.  

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We've been over this together many a time but Baracus is spot on that Bert Paton deserves recognition above anyone first.

Would be very happy with that. Just think these things should be done before they leave us for good, no after.

Would be lovely.  

4 hours ago, pawpar said:

3. Appoint Peter Grant the 2nd worst manager in DAFC history. (Would have been the first but as far as I know did not have sex with underage children like the current I*****d manager.)

2. Ross McArthur releasing that clusterfuck of a statement blaming DAFC fans for the mess we are in

1. Fans thinking that the sun shines out of Ross McArthur's arse despite him calling you scum. The sooner he goes the better. What he said in that statement was inexcusable.  Apparently he is one of us because he gets angry when a decision goes against us. Just like against QOS when he blamed the officials rather than Peter Grant.  Sooner he goes the better.

In Yogi we trust. Should have appointed him 2 months before we did unfortunately he has to pick up the shit that PG and RM created.  

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

5 hours ago, pawpar said:

Cute. I remember by first beer.

Fans thinking that the sun shines out of Ross McArthur's arse despite him calling you scum. The sooner he goes the better. What he said in that statement was inexcusable.  Apparently he is one of us because he gets angry when a decision goes against us. Just like against QOS when he blamed the officials rather than Peter Grant.  Sooner he goes the better.

Have a day off. I think the fans are well aware of the mistake in hiring Grant, but it’s like crying over spilt milk now. The man is standing down at the end of the season, and he was one of the figureheads in saving the club back in 2013. Let’s just remember him for that now and drop the animosity.

9 hours ago, pawpar said:

38190F30-17AD-4593-A46E-28495B681193.jpeg