Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Tons of good news on infrastructure.  Training at Rosyth, Youth Academy, freeing up the current gym space to be revenue generating.

Was really impressed by the investors commitment in the face of the abuse that Ross had faced.  Also, really moved when Ross chose not to talk about his decision to step down,  He was clearly quite emotional.

I also really liked Ross talking about being back on the NW stand in the future, abusing linesmen.  That's where I know him from and we should all feel grateful to have a chairman from the terraces.  We may not be lucky enough to get another.

''I also really liked Ross talking about being back on the NW stand in the future, abusing linesmen.''

I won boardroom tickets through the lifeline a couple years back and sat in the directors box as part of the day. Ross was going daft at the ref/linesman from the directors box.  There no doubting that above everything he is a dyed in wool passionate Pars fan first and foremost.

24 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Not that I don't trust the board haven't considered that, but what sort of extra expense are we looking at with running our own facility? With what we're paying Alloa (?) for training, I can't imagine we don't incur further running costs? 

It's possible I misunderstood them but I got the impression the costs involved with the training ground were the main reason why the German investors bought in early to provide the necessary equity. They also mentioned a potential working relationship with Fife College and local high schools as they want the new facility to focus on education.

I'm sure a lot more information will be coming out in the forthcoming press releases.

Not that I don't trust the board haven't considered that, but what sort of extra expense are we looking at with running our own facility? With what we're paying Alloa (?) for training, I can't imagine we don't incur further running costs? 

I would imagine the plans are for larger upfront costs to reduce longer term overheads. From the sound of things last night, across first team, Fife Elite and Pars Foundation, they’re paying for hire at several sites across Scotland. These will obviously all be ‘saved’ but yes, there will be running costs with the new facility. I don’t know how much we inject into Fife Elite, but it’s fair to say we’ve received little benefit from that.

These guys seem very switched on, so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they look to install solar panels or some other form of renewable energy/energy saving equipment. There may even be additional revenue from hiring out pitches - I don’t know what the plans are for that. In addition to that, they’re planning to rent out the gym building in the south east corner of the main stand, creating additional revenue.

Youth Academy news official:

Approval for the club’s Academy to participate in the SFA Club Academy Scotland (“CAS”) programme for 2022 was given at the recent SFA Licencing Committee meeting. Bids from clubs to participate in the programme was for 1 year only, as the CAS programme will be revamped by the SFA in the coming weeks, for 2023 through to 2025. Dunfermline Athletic are fully committed to participation in the programme beyond 2022.

Dunfermline’s application, like all other Academies who are currently participating in the CAS programme was subject to a rigorous audit by SFA staff. Our application to participate in the Performance Tier met all the criteria set out by the SFA in each of the relevant categories being audited. 10 clubs from both the Premiership and Championship will have Academies participating in the Performance Tier. The categories audited included:

- Coaching Staff qualifications;
- Training facilities;
- Match day facilities;
- Talent Identification;
- Tactical and Technical Plans;
- Player education programme;
- Child Wellbeing and Protection;
- Academy Development planning;
- Sports Science provision;
- Medical support; and
- Match analysis.

Whilst the criteria have been met for these categories without access to our new training centre at Rosyth being operational, it is with great excitement that we anticipate as to how access to our new centre at Rosyth will enhance the programme for our Academy players and coaching staff.

The SFA Club Academy Scotland programme runs by calendar year and does not follow the senior football season of August – May. Our Academy coaching activities will begin early January and the games programme for the teams will commence early February. In total, the Academy will run 7 teams. These are; Under 11/12/13/14/15/16 and a dual age band U17/18s. Matches will take place on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. U17/18s will play on a Friday night. U11s, U13s and u15s will play on a Saturday and U12s, U14s and U16s will play on a Sunday. Until the training ground at Rosyth becomes operational home matches for the U17/18s will take place at the new 3g at South Queensferry High School. Home matches for all other teams will be at Michael Woods Sports Centre in Glenrothes. We thank all of the coaching staff, players and parents in advance for their patience and understanding.

DAFC Club Chairman, Ross McArthur stated “As DAFC moves away from the Fife Elite Football Academy to set up its own Academy, it is important that the club recognises the role FEFA played over the last 7 years in allowing Dunfermline Athletic to have the opportunity to continue to develop young footballers. The fruits of that can be seen in the presence of Matty Todd, Lewis McCann, Paul Allan and Millar Fenton in the current 1st team squad. The coaches at FEFA who helped develop those players have committed to being part of the new Dunfermline Athletic Academy, which is terrific. I would like to pay tribute to both Bill Hendry and Matt Lawson who have worked tirelessly over the last few weeks to ensure our application to the SFA was dealt with professionally and diligently. In addition, they have also ensured that all of the players, parents and coaches have been kept up to date. Finally, I would also like to personally thank fellow director, Kip McBay who has been our club representative on the FEFA Board for the last few years, and has also worked tirelessly behind the scenes.

Bringing back our own Youth Academy is another significant milestone in rebuilding our club for the future, and provides a joined up pathway for young footballers from the Pars Foundation, to the Academy and then ultimately the first team.”

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As petty as it may sound, I'm happy enough for us to move away from Fife elite if it means we stop funding the other Fife teams youth players. 

I think that’s part of the reason, the other part is that all the decent youth players wanted to sign for us. Be interesting to see what we cook up in terms of youth development going forward.

Not usually a fan of the gushing football fans do over people who have any kind of impact on their club; a stand named after them, retired jerseys etc. But I think it would be fitting for Ross McArthur to have something dedicated to him, perhaps a part of the training ground.

It’s been easy to forget recently how dedicated McArthur has been to the club. Some of his mistakes have been very frustrating, but I think his commitment to the club should be immortalised as he steps down.

29 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As petty as it may sound, I'm happy enough for us to move away from Fife elite if it means we stop funding the other Fife teams youth players. 

Don't think this can be viewed as petty at all. Raith have definitely benefitted most from Fife Elite however if the shoe was on the other foot and our rivals were benefitting whilst we seen minimal reward from it, I'd be asking questions about the club continued to invest in it.

1 hour ago, embow said:

Wherever he's going a wave is more than enough for that roaster!🤗🤗

You're a class act, Embow, a class act. 

I reckon Leish could take Val McDermid in a square go likes. 

Edited by Stoo61

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Rosyth are a bit miffed about not being included in the final lease agreement

image.png.bbf7c8aff689d5c7aa0d4183efe05ce6.png

image.png.0fe5ed495304210fa7eed635b8e97e14.png

Simply not true to say "existing users of the facility being asked to leave" 

The full CSSC statement is on their Facebook page but the relevant paragraph is here.

Screenshot_20211126-164452.jpg