Walking Down The Halbeath Road

20 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I've never been to one of these but I've been to a few things organised by the club/Jason Barber and the Centenary Club as it was then (I take it he's no longer involved?). The Question of Sport night was a good laugh - 3 players, 3 ex-players and 3 coaching staff in teams in the Jefferies era - and after the Stephen Kenny "Meet the Manager" night I thought we were definitely going to stay up, win the cup and have a decent run in Europe; He really did talk a good game.

I was there at the Stephen Kenny intro night, can mind going home thinking along similar lines and we'd found an unknown gem. All we found was an imbecile. 

With the plans unveiled and hearing the chairman speak tonight, reading between the lines, I can actually see why they appointed PG in the summer. Not that it was the correct appointment whatsoever, but I can see what they were doing.

With the plans unveiled and hearing the chairman speak tonight, reading between the lines, I can actually see why they appointed PG in the summer. Not that it was the correct appointment whatsoever, but I can see what they were doing.

Christ, they must have spoken well.

Out of interest, how have they justified it?

Felt that was a very positive evening, with excellent news regarding the new training ground - at Rosyth and hopefully at least partially opened for pre-season - and the proposed Youth Academy.

Ross McArthur performed very well and although I totally understand his reasons for stepping down, it’s clear he still has a lot to offer the club. I was heavily critical of the decision to appoint Grant in the summer but his passion and knowledge of the off-field activities is indispensable. I hope those morons who targeted him in public are proud of themselves.

Yogi was exactly how you’d expect Yogi to be at one of these events; passionate, cracking jokes and trying to inspire the fans. Definitely could feel a different energy on Sat and hopefully him and the team can back it up in the next few weeks.

Only a couple of daft questions (put the name of the club on the stadium??) and it only dragged a little toward the end. Definitely glad I went along.

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Well done you because I still have no clue. Still an absolutely nonsensical and hugely damaging decision.

Only a couple of daft questions (put the name of the club on the stadium??) and it only dragged a little toward the end. Definitely glad I went along.

Surely no?[emoji23]

It’s not exactly the worst question/suggestion in the world. Just really.. odd.

Christ, they must have spoken well.

Out of interest, how have they justified it?
They actually never went into it at all and weren't questioned on it. Was pretty brushed over.

I've maybe not worded it properly. With the new academy and all this jazz, I think it's pretty clear they were looking for a high calibre of a training ground coach to work alongside the board closely. They've spoken to various footballing people who speak very highly of PG and went with it.

For the record, it's not the way I'd run a championship football club in Scotland. The plans unveiled tonight are very ambitious and I'm not sure it's really required or will be cost effective in the short, middle or long term.

8 minutes ago, smpar said:

Surely no?emoji23.png

It was linked towards marketing the club, at least thats how I took it. Loads of cars driving past the stadium, and compared to the sign of the 60s there's not as big a sign. 

20211124_214438.thumb.jpg.7e19030460d01bbe96ddd31dda50774f.jpg

14 minutes ago, smpar said:

Surely no?emoji23.png

It was a suggestion from somebody who doesn’t understand marketing. Thought process that sales people would use on folk to make them buy advertising packages they don’t need.

As if anyone driving past EEP who could possibly give a flying f**k about football doesn’t know Dunfermline play there. Christ almighty.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It was a suggestion from somebody who doesn’t understand marketing. Thought process that sales people would use on folk to make them buy advertising packages they don’t need.

As if anyone driving past EEP who could possibly give a flying f**k about football doesn’t know Dunfermline play there. Christ almighty.

"What's that rather large sports stadium we have just passed in the middle of Dunfermline?"

"f**k knows mate, didn't see a sign."

15 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

They actually never went into it at all and weren't questioned on it. Was pretty brushed over.

I've maybe not worded it properly. With the new academy and all this jazz, I think it's pretty clear they were looking for a high calibre of a training ground coach to work alongside the board closely. They've spoken to various footballing people who speak very highly of PG and went with it.

For the record, it's not the way I'd run a championship football club in Scotland. The plans unveiled tonight are very ambitious and I'm not sure it's really required or will be cost effective in the short, middle or long term.

New owners see us as a club that develops local players and young talent from abroad and then sells them on to bigger clubs.

That system probably doesn’t work in the Scottish Championship but they’re clearly planning on us being in the Premiership pretty soon - or the “SPL” as Yogi re-rebranded it on several occasions tonight.

Whether it works or not - that’s still completely up in the air. It certainly beats the “just glad we have a club” mentality that’s worn everyone into the ground post-admin.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Just now, Chubbychops said:

There's a big sign on the old home end turnstiles saying Dunfermline Athletic football club.

Ross did politely point this out to the gentleman.

Only other daft question was guy asking if Yogi wants the players to play for the badge. About snapped my free Pars pen in cringe.

24 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

least it was a world away from Falkirks debacle a couple weeks ago

Think the results help and not selling beer.

Although I do respect that Peter was up for doing a meeting even when it was all going to shit.

It was also asked on here a while back that if the training ground would be a joint venture, which was confirmed it will just be the foundation, the academy and playing staff that will be using it. 

I assume Rosyth have known for a while as Ross said it was clear from fairly early doors that it wouldn't work out to have them as joint users of the facility.

32 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Ross did politely point this out to the gentleman.

Only other daft question was guy asking if Yogi wants the players to play for the badge. About snapped my free Pars pen in cringe.

Was that the very first question to him? 

Had to turn away, shocking.