Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I see from Tam Cowans instagram page that Jimmy Calderwood is battling dementia, which is a damn shame. 

Apologies if this was already common knowledge but I didn't know. 

They were certainly the best times I knew as a Pars fan. (Started in 1996)

40 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

I see from Tam Cowans instagram page that Jimmy Calderwood is battling dementia, which is a damn shame. 

Apologies if this was already common knowledge but I didn't know. 

They were certainly the best times I knew as a Pars fan. (Started in 1996)

Aye think it’s been a wee while now. Saw his son talking about it when tabloids were suggesting his son as our next manager.

I’d agree that period until Cup Final in 04 was superb. As a kid I absolutely loved our team and had no idea we had players we couldn’t afford etc.

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Hughes mentioned on his interview there was something again between Dorrans and the fans? Or was that just a set up for his joke about giving the ball away once?

Aye, that was part of his joke I think. Really can't see how anybody would have beef with Dorrans after his performance on Saturday. He was superb.

22 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Hughes mentioned on his interview there was something again between Dorrans and the fans? Or was that just a set up for his joke about giving the ball away once?

I think it refers to Dorrans swearing at someone in the crowd who by all accounts had been hurling abuse all game, it was down at Ayr so quite historic and I don't think anyone held it against Dorrans. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

You've been drinking too much of that kölsch if you're not getting Yogi's jokes. 

33 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Anyone else heading to tonight’s Q&A?

There were a handful of tickets available yesterday due to some folk cancelling, so if anyone doesn't have a ticket it might be worth trying again. Or if you were planning on going and can't make it, you should be able to cancel.

I've never been to one of these but I've been to a few things organised by the club/Jason Barber and the Centenary Club as it was then (I take it he's no longer involved?). The Question of Sport night was a good laugh - 3 players, 3 ex-players and 3 coaching staff in teams in the Jefferies era - and after the Stephen Kenny "Meet the Manager" night I thought we were definitely going to stay up, win the cup and have a decent run in Europe; He really did talk a good game.

Edited by Salvo Montalbano