Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I enjoyed Johns interview, especially as he started off by saying he didn't have a magic wand and about 5 minutes later he's going on about getting his magic wand working.

Feel like if it all goes tits up the Simpsons content will still be excellent.

He's Yogi not Sooty. Izzy whizzy, let's get bizzy.

sooty.jpg

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Moomins definition of a heads gone thread obviously differs from mine, seems pretty boring on here tbh.

9 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

I'm easily pleased Oddball, Killie fan remember. It's a fairly lowkey heads gone but it still counts, we cant all be Bishop Briggs, thankfully.

Aye it's a slow burner, give it a couple of months and it could be popcorn worthy.

Petrie's full time job away from football is well noted. 

When you consider things bonuses and, more importantly, his pension (I imagine the matches contributions from his bank role will be pretty substantial), it's an absolutely massive risk for him to leave to take up a full time job in football.

Between the wage he gets there and his Montrose wage, he's clearly going to be earning a lot.

If he took on the job, potentially he could be sacked in a year, and then have zero income and will be without the aforementioned benefits. You would think that he would need a big wage and certain conditions were he to take up a full time job, and I don't image DAFC could come close to matching them. 

It is possible that Petrie may have a financial plan in place whereby he needs to work for a few more years and save for a few more years before he is in a position to give full time management a shot. It's also possible that he is happy with his life and doesn't want to go full time. We don't know.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Petrie's full time job away from football is well noted. 

When you consider things bonuses and, more importantly, his pension (I imagine the matches contributions from his bank role will be pretty substantial), it's an absolutely massive risk for him to leave to take up a full time job in football.

Between the wage he gets there and his Montrose wage, he's clearly going to be earning a lot.

If he took on the job, potentially he could be sacked in a year, and then have zero income and will be without the aforementioned benefits. You would think that he would need a big wage and certain conditions were he to take up a full time job, and I don't image DAFC could come close to matching them. 

It is possible that Petrie may have a financial plan in place whereby he needs to work for a few more years and save for a few more years before he is in a position to give full time management a shot. It's also possible that he is happy with his life and doesn't want to go full time. We don't know.

Exactly.

Why would any one his age, with a good secure well paid job he clearly enjoys, with all the pension security that comes with it... along with having a hobby doing something he loves (very well) in his spare time .......and also getting paid for,  give it all up for a high risk, lower paid job with no pension security despite his obvious affection for Dunfermline?.

Is he married with a family? His wife would be having kittens if he even suggested it.

Exactly.
Why would any one his age, with a good secure well paid job he clearly enjoys, with all the pension security that comes with it... along with having a hobby doing something he loves (very well) in his spare time .......and also getting paid for,  give it all up for a high risk, lower paid job with no pension security despite his obvious affection for Dunfermline?.
Is he married with a family? His wife would be having kittens if he even suggested it.

Absolutely this and the one above. Scottish football isn’t the allure of the English Premiership and this isn’t Football Manager. We are talking about a grown man that has responsibilities to his family.

Ross Graham isn't dead. He must have finally escaped from Peter Grant's basement*, as he makes the bench today.

Worryingly, with Vytas away with Lithuania (he came on as a sub for them last night), he's the only central defender on the bench. An injury to Breen or Connolly and we could very well see his return...

*Or exchanged with Leon Jones

27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ross Graham isn't dead. He must have finally escaped from Peter Grant's basement*, as he makes the bench today.

Worryingly, with Vytas away with Lithuania (he came on as a sub for them last night), he's the only central defender on the bench. An injury to Breen or Connolly and we could very well see his return...

*Or exchanged with Leon Jones

Lithuania aren't playing on Monday so assume he will be back with us next week.

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

Lithuania aren't playing on Monday so assume he will be back with us next week.

They're playing Kuwait on Monday.

We need him back ASAP as an injury to either Breen or Connolly means Graham comes on...

Edited by DA Baracus

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They're playing Kuwait on Monday.

We need him back ASAP as an injury to either Breen or Connolly means Graham comes on...

Haha brilliant what a weird tie, I saw their qualifiers were over and assumed they would come home. Thought they actually played ok again Northern Ireland despite not having much of the ball.

But agree we need him in and hopefully we can bring Morris in soon so we can drive the United loanees back over the Tay.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Haha brilliant what a weird tie, I saw their qualifiers were over and assumed they would come home. Thought they actually played ok again Northern Ireland despite not having much of the ball.

But agree we need him in and hopefully we can bring Morris in soon so we can drive the United loanees back over the Tay.

I think there's now a weird rule where you have to play a friendly during a scheduled international period if you don't have a competitive game.

Graham and Dorrans are on the bench today. The team bus could take a detour on the way home and drop them off, or stop in any dark woods, open the door and say "You're free now boy!" like Homer does to Chief Wiggum.

I think there's now a weird rule where you have to play a friendly during a scheduled international period if you don't have a competitive game.
Graham and Dorrans are on the bench today. The team bus could take a detour on the way home and drop them off, or stop in any dark woods, open the door and say "You're free now boy!" like Homer does to Chief Wiggum.
Dorrans playing from the start.