Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If he has us trying to play out from the back all the time then we're in trouble.

For Grant's last few games, he had the keeper pass short to Edwards, only for Edwards to smash the ball up the pitch aimlessly. This is because the opposition knew this was a tactic and quickly closed Edwards down. Grant persisted with it, resulting in us needlessly giving away possession and inviting pressure.

Was even worse earlier in the season. 

Not sure we have the players to play out from the back when they will be under pressure, especially Connolly who likes to boot the ball all over the place.

Do you remember that game against Livi where Hughes did the exact same thing, you humped us 4-0, your players just waited in our half for Andy McNeil to roll the ball out to a CB, then pounce on him. Think that was the final straw where our fans patience with Hughes ran out. Was never so glad to see him leave for Hartlepool.

Surely, given the evidence, there will be a DoF or such to handle the recruitment that Hughes requires. If it’s Yogi in, and in total command, this could make Pars fans look wistfully at the PG era. To get a manager with a, well, checkered history of signings and recruitment in just before a critical window opens, a window that will quite possibly decide the fate of the team, wouldn’t seem to fit the rigorous process they promised.

Prediction: Lay an egg Saturday after that pep talk, a small dead cat bounce after Yogi shakes the lineups about a bit, and then the slide continues into the January window…scattershot window trade, and a lack of a clear goal result in the Pars stumbling to eighth or ninth, and a summer of arguments about buying out Yogi.

Do you remember that game against Livi where Hughes did the exact same thing, you humped us 4-0, your players just waited in our half for Andy McNeil to roll the ball out to a CB, then pounce on him. Think that was the final straw where our fans patience with Hughes ran out. Was never so glad to see him leave for Hartlepool.
Hahaha I loved that game and loved giving Yogi pelters as well.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If it’s Yogi in, and in total command, this could make Pars fans look wistfully at the PG era.

Ahhh yes, the era of 0 wins in the league with 10 goals after 13 games. I miss it already.

I see he's rolling out his usual "when I went into the Rovers they hadn't won since October and the top scorer had four goals", conveniently ignoring two facts. 

Firstly, that was exactly why he was hired. It's like a fireman turning up to a burning house, and berating the homeowners instead of turning the hose onto it. "It's not my fault it burned down, it was on fire when I got here". 

And secondly, he made us actively worse. Both statistically and to the naked eye, his side was worse than Gary Locke's. Gary Locke, for f**k sake! 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yogi’s first interview and he’s already called the squad a ‘soft touch’ and a ‘laughing stock’.

I mean, he’s not lying but unsure if it will have the desired effect.

The same approach he took with us. However it depends on your players - if they are amenable to a boot up the arse, it might just work. If they aren't, it'll end badly. 

What he does have is a transfer window to bring in players he likes and that will work under his management style. We were stuck with too many players who did indeed "lack heart", so his constant abuse of him in the media was counterproductive. They thought he was a p***k and would ignore his instructions.

52 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What about Kelty?!

Is there really? We have some good players but the squad is unbalanced to f**k and padded out with dross (Pybus, Graham, Mehmet, McCann for example) and permanently injured guys (Cole).

The club almost certainly didn’t approach Raith, as Raith would correctly have told them to bolt.

Don't bode for Kai Kennedy, who is an absolute shitehawk. 

Hughes absolutely is not a fan of young loanees from The Rangers.