Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He’s not an irredeemably clueless moron, so that’s certainly an improvement on Grant.

I think he’ll keep you up this season, but I don’t think he’s the guy you’d want if you’re looking to achieve more than that next season. 

I think he's potentially a good manager for building a squad for a promotion push. A certain group of players like playing for him and he can build a good team spirit.

1 minute ago, AuldReekie said:

That assumes Robertson was even a possibility which is highly doubtful. Robbo aside, Yogi is probably best of a pretty uninspiring bunch especially given our current position.

You have no idea who applied (nor do I), so unsure how you can say that with certainty. 

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think he's potentially a good manager for building a squad for a promotion push. A certain group of players like playing for him and he can build a good team spirit.

I’m just thinking that his signings have been pretty suspect a lot of the time - certainly at Caley, where he had the most success, it seems that he was able to get the most out of the existing squad, but not add to it very well. Pars have the basis of a good squad, but with some glaring holes and I’m not sure if i’d trust Hughes to be the guy who can fill them. 

1 minute ago, AuldReekie said:

I think you are confusing meaning of "highly doubtful" and "certainty". 

No, I didn't mention anything to do with Robertson, which is the 'highly doubtful' part of your post. 

The article on the official site says "two candidates performed especially well", so there was at least one other person they were considering aside from Hughes.

Let’s hope he does what I heard he did on his first day at the Rovers. When a younger member of the squad went to shake his hand he barked “you don’t get to shake my hand, son, you should fucking salute me”

Shree cheers for Yogi. He'll be able to turn things around with all the gid laddies doing their bit. As someone else commented it's either going to be sugar or shit. I actually think it'll be the former. We're almost guaranteed to be the only club he ****ed up big time in comparison to all his efforts elsewhere. It's the Rovers' way. Certainly going to make the derby games "interesting".

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Expect him to talk a good game, fall out with players and achieve nothing.

So Peter Grant Mark 2 then?

Meh, it could have been a lot worse. I would have been happy with Robertson. There's no middle ground I don't think with Yogi. He's either going to shoot us up the table and we challenge next season, or we go straight down without a whimper. It could work. We'll have to wait and see. I'll certainly give him backing as he is lightyears better than Grant and we should, in theory, be at least more competitive. 

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

Ayr United fans no doubt claiming that he was at Somerset Park for talks before the Pars swooped.

If his Pars career goes the same way Todorov’s has until now I don’t think many of us will be complaining.

Edited by eez-eh

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

I'll just be the first to put Callum Morris coming back in on the table, been without a club since Ross County...

Think he's away back down to England now and is a bit of a perma crock.  We were meant to sign him in the summer but it didn't happen.

Edited by TheScarf

27 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Pars fans need to get a grip on reality. Who the f**k did they think we could attract or afford? We're adrift at the bottom of the league, little to no money and a questionable squad. Currently this is our level and we need to suck it up. 

Would be good if our fans also united behind the manager and didn't look to get on his back at first sign of trouble. 

Need this to work and we'll get on a lot better if fans could give him full vocal support.

Piss off.

The fans have given the team far more support than they’ve deserved this season. It should be about getting the stay away fans back.

5 minutes ago, embow said:

Shree cheers for Yogi. He'll be able to turn things around with all the gid laddies doing their bit. As someone else commented it's either going to be sugar or shit. I actually think it'll be the former. We're almost guaranteed to be the only club he ****ed up big time in comparison to all his efforts elsewhere. It's the Rovers' way. Certainly going to make the derby games "interesting".

Aye he’s almost destined to have a stormer at the Pars after how he did with us. If/when he beats us in a derby it’s going to sting.

It depends entirely on the players. Hughes did have a point that our relegation side was full of shitebags. That a number of them were loanees probably contributed directly to this. His management style was to constantly criticise them in public, culminating in his embarrassing interview after St Mirren beat us 5-0 and he went full yer da.. Unsurprisingly, the players despised him and didn't respond to his style.

We did however give Locke the transfer window before firing him, so there was no opportunity to ditch the modern day softies that society has failed for some guid 'oanest loddies ready tae take wan in the dish fur the team. In that sense it might work out.