Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Pars fans need to get a grip on reality. Who the f**k did they think we could attract or afford? We're adrift at the bottom of the league, little to no money and a questionable squad. Currently this is our level and we need to suck it up. 

Would be good if our fans also united behind the manager and didn't look to get on his back at first sign of trouble. 

Need this to work and we'll get on a lot better if fans could give him full vocal support.

2 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Pars fans need to get a grip on reality. Who the f**k did they think we could attract or afford? We're adrift at the bottom of the league, little to no money and a questionable squad. Currently this is our level and we need to suck it up. 

Would be good if our fans also united behind the manager and didn't look to get on his back at first sign of trouble. 

Need this to work and we'll get on a lot better if fans could give him full vocal support.

Bud, after this disaster of a season can you blame fans for not trusting the boards decisions?

1 minute ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Bud, after this disaster of a season can you blame fans for not trusting the boards decisions?

You don't have to trust the board to realise that none of that is Yogi's fault and if we want best chance of success, getting 100% behind Yogi is a good start. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

In two minds about this. On one hand, he was a fucking disaster with us when he tried to turn around a failing team. On the other, I'll be a seething mess when we lose to a side managed by John Hughes.

Remember his away record with us? Maybe picked up a point at most away from home I think?

Just what a team with only one away win in living memory needs...

He did a good job at Ross County last season but I think they had a better squad (relatively) compared to the Pars, and his success basically came down to winning each of their last three games to stay up.

I think he will keep Dunfermline up, but he is one of the appointments who has the biggest chance of it going dismally wrong compared to someone like Robertson who would have been a safer pair of hands.

14 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Not totally against Yogi, but not sure why he’s working with the existing staff. 6 month deal, I could understand the desperation. 18 month deal? What happens if/when it doesn’t work out and we get relegated?

Sounds incredibly similar to the knee jerk decisions made at Brechin during our monumental collapse. Cost us a fortune in compensation pay outs . 🙈

Just now, craigkillie said:

He did a good job at Ross County last season but I think they had a better squad (relatively) compared to the Pars, and his success basically came down to winning each of their last three games to stay up.

I think he will keep Dunfermline up, but he is one of the appointments who has the biggest chance of it going dismally wrong compared to someone like Robertson who would have been a safer pair of hands.

That assumes Robertson was even a possibility which is highly doubtful. Robbo aside, Yogi is probably best of a pretty uninspiring bunch especially given our current position.