Walking Down The Halbeath Road

49 minutes ago, darry111 said:

Ross Jack has taken Rothes to a new high of 3rd in The Highland League. Also doing a cracking job at youth level at ICT. Great Coach.

image.thumb.jpeg.5dfbcdbc28e943abd0e5f4d5821e3278.jpeg

He could reintroduce this hairstyle to East End. Definitely helps with headers. 

Imagine if Campbell was the manager of this lot? No-one willing to get in about it in the midfield, very rarely win second balls or 50/50s. Would give the man a heart attack. No desire or guile to get a grip on matches. The game just totally passes them by. Campbell wouldn’t be able to get this team going I don’t think. Too many egos that think they’re above themselves. Doesn’t matter anyway; Campbell will never give up his gig at Arbroath, so long as he is still keeping them in the Championship.

30 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Imagine if Campbell was the manager of this lot? No-one willing to get in about it in the midfield, very rarely win second balls or 50/50s. Would give the man a heart attack. No desire or guile to get a grip on matches. The game just totally passes them by. Campbell wouldn’t be able to get this team going I don’t think. Too many egos that think they’re above themselves. Doesn’t matter anyway; Campbell will never give up his gig at Arbroath, so long as he is still keeping them in the Championship.

I think the majority of players do have a bit of heart about them, it's just been completely sucked out of them over the last few months. 

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Imagine telling one of us a decade ago that Dick Campbell would be one of the favourites for the Pars job in 2021 and most fans wouldn’t be against it.

Tbh imagine telling us that at the start of this year.

2 hours ago, smpar said:

I think the majority of players do have a bit of heart about them, it's just been completely sucked out of them over the last few months. 

Aye,  there's been talk of lack of effort or desire.  I don't think that is the case,  individually we have players up for it,  we have guys who know there abilities and won't take much to get them confident again. 

What is completely gone is the trust in each other,  players are hesitant and second guessing things cos they don't trust those around them.

It's not a kick up the arse we need,  it's cohesion within the squad.

I see Whittaker has said that Iain Wilson was fully fit at the weekend despite not making your squad. 
Seems a bit of a strange one. 

That’s very odd.

I see Whittaker has said that Iain Wilson was fully fit at the weekend despite not making your squad. 
Seems a bit of a strange one. 

Where did he say this? Absolutely mental decision from Whittaker and Shields. A fit Iain Wilson is our best midfielder by far.

Even if that wasn't true, had Allan or Todd been forced off with an injury early on, not having a replacement on the bench is lunacy.

We had Pybus on the bench, to be fair. But Wilson is definitely better than all 3 who were in the squad.

17 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

What's worrying is in the same article Whittaker makes reference to how much we're missing Dorrans...that would mean they view Wilson as 5th choice centre mid? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Give me Todd and Allan everyday over Dorrans. None of the 3 are particularly effective but I would rather develop younger home grown talent than provide a swan song for an ancient pro.