Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Watching the goals from Saturday there. The defence at all three are a complete shambles.

The amount of space that Oliver has in the box during two phases of play is criminal. Who was meant to be marking him? Awful

The second goal is very consistent with many goals we have lost this season. Cross in the box that neither the goalkeeper or defenders deal with at source. We are then second to react when the ball drops in the six yard box.  It's shocking stuff.

Comrie has been perfectly solid and dependable RB at this level for a couple of seasons. When we lost Rooney I'd have been delighted if we somehow got him up to Inverness as I think he was only on a one year contract (not 100% sure). 

A game where Jordan Jones rips you a new one doesn't make you a bad player. Just look at Brad Mcka.....wait a moment!

The board really need to get a new manager in asap - the need for someone who can coach and organise is a must. At the minute they look completely disjointed.

In terms of the defenders i'm really not clear how or what big Vytas has done to continually be dropped - any time i've seen him he's looked solid enough. All the changing of personnel can't help anyone, maybe they just need to choose a formation, a back 4 or five to fit with it and just run with it for a few games to allow folks to get settled and know what each other is doing. 

Is there any news on Lewis Martin and if he's even close to making a comeback (again)?

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Apologies to everyone else on this thread for mentioning Comrie’s name. I forgot that Random Guy seems to have alerts set up for anyone mentioning him, so that he can come and talk about that poor game he had…

God forbid any young player has a torrid time and isn't written off immediately.

13 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

In terms of the defenders i'm really not clear how or what big Vytas has done to continually be dropped

I wonder if he was carrying a knock and Grant wanted him to play through it with Connelly out against Arbroath. So Saturday's match was a breather for him otherwise I would agree it seems bizzare to drop him fairly often.

Convinced that Saints weirdo searches "Comrie" every day to jump on any praise for the boy. His team's right-back was utter guff for us and has went on to do well. I know it is hard to grasp, but footballers can improve as they get older. 

Comrie has been our best player since 2019, consistently so. Nisbet we only had for one season tbf. This season not one player has been decent. That has nothing to do with Comrie's ability. He's got utter shite around him, been played out of position a lot and of course has had to deal with Peter Fucking Grant for inspiration.

Could do with getting an update on Wilson and Lewis Martin''s current situation. Could be doing with Martin at LB instead of Edwards. 

Wilson in particular, I’m keen to hear more. He seemed to be on his way back and then wasn’t named in the squad at the weekend. He’s a big player and we need him in our midfield, if we’re going to survive in the league this season. Lewis Martin, even if he returns, won’t be the same player. You can’t miss the amount of football he has over and perform at your best. He’s 25 (I think?) and has spent the majority of his 20s so far on the treatment table. I’d love to be proven wrong, but I feel like it’s incredibly unlikely he’ll be able to perform as well as he did in 19/20 again.

It’s a shame, I like the guy and thought he was excellent that season. He hasn’t trained in 18 months though, an injury of that timescale tends to result in other ‘minor’ setbacks once he’s back training (strains etc) and I just can’t see him being fully fit this season, never mind at his best.

12 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Don't think Dick would work very well with this squad. 

Same here.

I think the Arbroath squad have parallels to what our team under Bert Paton had in the 90's. Could handle themselves, there was fast tempo to their play,  always bet on them winning most 50/50s and actually could play a bit of football as much as they didn't get much credit for it. That Paton team assisted by Campbell was my favourite time watching Pars. Absolute goal machine of a team. The pathetic home record we have now would be unthinkable.

The squad we have now just don't have it in them to play the way Campbell would want.  I just don't see that edge or desire from any of them. 

On 08/11/2021 at 08:50, George Parr said:

Might be worth confirming whether "Yogi" has ever won the Scottish Cup though as I'm not sure if that point's been addressed.

I can officially confirm that Yogi won the Scottish Cup in 2015.

ps - and put smiles on faces all over the land after gibbing the Tic in the semi final. To be fair he gad successful against the Gers too.