Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

What would be worse; finishing 10th or getting relegated in the play-offs by Falkirk or Petrie’s Montrose?

Given Falkirk are looking, well, shaky at best, that’s the winner for now. Losing to Petrie and Montrose would be a lovely up yours to the board, while finishing 10th would be a massive achievement with Morton and Queens in the running. I’m surprised anyone thinks the new manager will be announced sooner than next week, because the Board surely realize the last go was an absolute fuckup and they need this “search” to look competent. If they spend less than three weeks interviewing and vetting, I’ll be amazed…and they’ll be absolutely roasted if the choice isn’t universally hailed. Despite the urgent need to get someone in to try to right the ship, they really have to get this one right, not right now…so it’s likely going to be either a hard wait for Pars fans or serious frustration when they balls it up.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

McDonald had a good cameo, got past the full back a couple of times and it was his good cross that lead to Wighton forcing a good save. 

If he was left footed I'd have him straight in over Edwards, who is by far and away our worst guaranteed starter. 

Have zero memory of Wighton forcing the keeper into a save which thankfully suggests I’m going senile and won’t have to worry about the Pars much longer.

31 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Given Falkirk are looking, well, shaky at best, that’s the winner for now. Losing to Petrie and Montrose would be a lovely up yours to the board, while finishing 10th would be a massive achievement with Morton and Queens in the running. I’m surprised anyone thinks the new manager will be announced sooner than next week, because the Board surely realize the last go was an absolute fuckup and they need this “search” to look competent. If they spend less than three weeks interviewing and vetting, I’ll be amazed…and they’ll be absolutely roasted if the choice isn’t universally hailed. Despite the urgent need to get someone in to try to right the ship, they really have to get this one right, not right now…so it’s likely going to be either a hard wait for Pars fans or serious frustration when they balls it up.

If the club weren’t considering other options from back at the Queens’ defeat then they’re clueless.

It’s been 8 days since they sacked him but surely the knew a replacement was likely going to be needed?

If the club weren’t considering other options from back at the Queens’ defeat then they’re clueless.
It’s been 8 days since they sacked him but surely the knew a replacement was likely going to be needed?

They’ll have told Grant he needs X amount of points in a certain time after that QoS game. To not work in the background on sourcing potential replacements should X amount of points not be achieved after telling Grant that, would be, quite simply, fucking idiotic. They cannot be that stupid. I really hope they’ll have had this all lined up and ready to go with the shortlisting, interviews etc in a good timescale to get the new man in place as close to Grant being sacked as possible.

We usually announce stuff on a Tuesday, so fingers crossed it is Robertson and he is unveiled tomorrow. They cannot be so stupid, again, as to appoint another idiot and/or rookie.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

They’ll have told Grant he needs X amount of points in a certain time after that QoS game. To not work in the background on sourcing potential replacements should X amount of points not be achieved after telling Grant that, would be, quite simply, fucking idiotic. They cannot be that stupid. I really hope they’ll have had this all lined up and ready to go with the shortlisting, interviews etc in a good timescale to get the new man in place as close to Grant being sacked as possible.

We usually announce stuff on a Tuesday, so fingers crossed it is Robertson and he is unveiled tomorrow. They cannot be so stupid, again, as to appoint another idiot and/or rookie.

We’ll see, but the appearance so far is that they are perfectly capable of being that idiotic/stupid. I highly doubt they did anything serious about seeking a replacement until Grant reached a point where he could not make the assigned goal. To do so before that smacks of a lack of belief in a manager you have just given a demand to, and is likely to undermine your position with any manager candidates. You could certainly gin up a list of potential targets, but reaching out would potential result in a Pyrrhic victory at most, as any reputable candidate would surely be turned off by such behavior.

Beginning to think its not someone from the merry-go-round. 

Feel that would have been sewn up by now and with a lot more publicised rumours in the media.

Edited by Stoo61

Think that's where he was put when he was brought on at the weekend?

It got utter desperate when we brought McDonald on. It was a case of chucking another sub on (who, as others have said, incidentally did quite well) and hoping that the fresh legs would work in our favour. We lost all shape and cohesion by that stage on Saturday.

Not sure what Dow’s role was on Saturday. He was a bit of a lost puppy the entire game, just hanging around the final third but not actually offering or doing anything.

I actually thought Breen did very well, particularly in the first half, he kept Ugwu out of the game effectively but, much like everyone else, seemed to crumble in the second half.

18 hours ago, CallumPar said:

What is this analysis based on? Speak to anyone who’s followed this division over the past few years and they would acknowledge that Comrie is one of the best right backs at this level. 

I'd guess @craigkillie, and all Kilmarnock fans, will remember Comrie the same as I do.

A weak, slow, full back who got ripped apart whenever he played in the top flight. We changed our entire line up and formation for this game, playing a back 5 for the first time that season, to try and minimise the damage caused by Comrie (our only avaliable RB that day) playing..

As ever, that one performance again Jordan Jones/Kilmarnock doesn’t discredit Comrie’s improvement as a player since joining us.

Especially when you consider the respective quality of both 2018 Jordan Jones, and the Cinch Championship. Comrie is a decent, if not very good player, at this level. Much like literally every other Pars player, however, he has underperformed this season.

21 minutes ago, smpar said:

As ever, that one performance again Jordan Jones/Kilmarnock doesn’t discredit Comrie’s improvement as a player since joining us.

Especially when you consider the respective quality of both 2018 Jordan Jones, and the Cinch Championship. Comrie is a decent, if not very good player, at this level. Much like literally every other Pars player, however, he has underperformed this season.

It was more than one against Jones.

Either way, I was simply explaining why Killie fans won't rate him.

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The midfielders kept screaming at Breen for not moving to ball forward quickly enough. Think they were frustrated at how slowly we were switching play.

His defensive work was fine but his distribution was suspect and often didn't even move a yard or 2 into the gapping space in front of him. 

Oh ffs here comes the weirdo Saints fan who hasn't seen Comrie since that day.

Last year's POTY and if it wasn't for Nisbet banging in goals, he'd have won it the year before too.

This season he's been poor but it's been down to playing in that back 3 and then as part of a team effort. He's actually still doing some great covering runs though, one in the first half on Saturday was typical.

I'd guess [mention=11624]craigkillie[/mention], and all Kilmarnock fans, will remember Comrie the same as I do.
A weak, slow, full back who got ripped apart whenever he played in the top flight. We changed our entire line up and formation for this game, playing a back 5 for the first time that season, to try and minimise the damage caused by Comrie (our only avaliable RB that day) playing..

Been a while since this got brought up. Very weird behaviour [emoji23][emoji23]