Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I love Ryan Dow but holy f**k he’s been atrocious since he returned from injury. Not sure if it’s limiting his movement or he’s lost confidence but he’s a shadow of the player he once was.

Difficult to make a positive case for many of the squad based on what we’ve seen so far. Player of the Year vote will be an absolute hoot at this rate.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

I love Ryan Dow but holy f**k he’s been atrocious since he returned from injury. Not sure if it’s limiting his movement or he’s lost confidence but he’s a shadow of the player he once was.

Difficult to make a positive case for many of the squad based on what we’ve seen so far. Player of the Year vote will be an absolute hoot at this rate.

He is a good player, but he's seemingly lost whatever pace he had since his injury, don't know if that will return now. Perhaps has to modify his game. 

Lovely looking bloke though. 

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

He is a good player, but he's seemingly lost whatever pace he had since his injury, don't know if that will return now. Perhaps has to modify his game. 

Lovely looking bloke though. 

He just doesnt seem with it. Poor touches all the time, always stretching for everything. He could have made a better effort to block the opening goal as well, and didnt cover himself in glory for raith goal recently.. Liked him a lot in last few years but so far this season he is letting himself and the team down.

John Rankin on Off the Ball suggesting that a new manager can take Dunfermline only one way 'up'
I don't think he understands how the Scottish league system works.

Well, we can’t go any further down the table to be fair. I’m a pessimist so obviously I can’t see how anyone can turn this around without getting rid of a lot of the squad and replace them with better players equipped for a relegation scrap.

If we don’t start winning soon, we are going to find ourselves absolutely miles behind safety before the January transfer window. We need to keep ourselves in touching distance before then so the new man can get rid of some of these duds and replace them. Hopefully get rid of all the loan players as well. We’ll maybe have to use the loan market extensively if we can’t free up large amounts of wages.

Fucking state of this club.

4 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Robertson will be our manager by this time next week I think. Just a hunch. Think he is the only man to get us out of this and we have to give him carte blanche to turn this around.

From what I heard yesterday he is very much in contention. Doesn't really fit with what he said in the Courier mind you.

Remember Robbie inherited a very strong squad at ICT through Butchers scouting network. ICT played better football by far under Yogi (joy to watch).  You should also research why he stepped away from team manager at ICT. Dodds is doing a far better job.  You are going for the wrong man at ICT.

Just now, darry111 said:

Remember Robbie inherited a very strong squad at ICT through Butchers scouting network. ICT played better football by far under Yogi (joy to watch).  You should also research why he stepped away from team manager at ICT. Dodds is doing a far better job.  You are going for the wrong man at ICT.

And Yogi won the Scottish Cup.

2 minutes ago, darry111 said:

Robertson inherited a shit show from Richie Foran did he not. He had a big rebuild job when they got relegated.

8 minutes ago, darry111 said:

And Yogi won the Scottish Cup.

Foran had a short time and thrown under a bus with many injuries. Good luck with Robbo and see what happens when the pressure comes on

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I couldn't give a f**k if we had a team full of Katy Perry clone's right now. Give me a squad full of Jo Brands that can win games. 

Nah f**k that. Get Tom Lang back, pay him what he wants. 

Robertson succeeded Richie Foran.

1 hour ago, darry111 said:

Remember Robbie inherited a very strong squad at ICT through Butchers scouting network.

No he didn't.  

ICT played better football by far under Yogi (joy to watch).

:lol:  

Some of our football under eyes was eye bleedingly bad to watch.

You should also research why he stepped away from team manager at ICT.

This, and some of your other comments, sound like a slant on Robertson which seems incredibly harsh given what happened to him off the field. I'd imagine many players and managers would find similar circumstances difficult to deal with.  

Dodds is doing a far better job.  You are going for the wrong man at ICT.

Dodds inherited a pretty strong spine of a team from Robertson...

Yogi won the Scottish Cup in 2015 beating Celtic on the way and would have probably won the League Cup the year before if there was better refereeing (Foran brought down in the box v the sheep shee!!gers) 

Genuine good luck to Pars and Robbo but derbies against  Kelty may beckon.

Yogi won the Scottish Cup in 2015 beating Celtic on the way and would have probably won the League Cup the year before if there was better refereeing (Foran brought down in the box v the sheep shee!!gers) 

Genuine good luck to Pars and Robbo but derbies against  Kelty may beckon.

Right but surely Yogi just won it with Butchers squad? The squad that Robertson inherited was one that had finished bottom of the league and was absolutely garbage.

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We really don’t have much time to waste.

You’d think we’re probably gonna need at least 9 or 10 wins to stay up from our remaining 23 matches, which seems a near impossible task at present.

Based upon average seasons, for eighth, 40 points is the standard…for ninth, about 30-33 should do it. Sitting at 7 points, with 23 to go, 7-6-10 likely gets you ninth…for eighth, you need more like 8-9-8. As they say…

image.jpeg.2e7ecdabfac988c05830ed61c1c580ae.jpeg