Walking Down The Halbeath Road

What an absolute load of shite those poppy armbands were. Like a poppy on a football strip and a poppy of a team's crest on social media, it's so meaningless. I'd actually argue that all of that shit is offensive to the original message.

It's just going to get worse as the years go on, so I'm ranting in to the void.

Does any country in the world do something like UK does with the Poppy? To me it’s more of a fashion show or a statement of ones political ideals rather than showing respect or donating to charity IMO.

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Does any country in the world do something like UK does with the Poppy? To me it’s more of a fashion show or a statement of ones political ideals rather than showing respect or donating to charity IMO.

Canada.

The Poppy (legion.ca)

Places like Cologne do much better and open Karnival at 11/11/11 11:11 or whatever. Fucking party party

I find it quite surprising that the crowd inside EEP has stayed on side tbh. We’ve not won any of our 13 league games but supporters have got behind the side at every game I’ve been at, even though the players do not deserve it.

New appointment is so crucial. We need an overhaul and a spark because we are hurtling towards L1 at the moment. I do think these players have the ability to get us out of trouble but their attitude/mentality has been so poor.

Robertson will be our manager by this time next week I think. Just a hunch. Think he is the only man to get us out of this and we have to give him carte blanche to turn this around.

From what I heard yesterday he is very much in contention. Doesn't really fit with what he said in the Courier mind you.

19 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I’d really hope we have a manager in place by next Saturday.

We really don’t have much time to waste.

You’d think we’re probably gonna need at least 9 or 10 wins to stay up from our remaining 23 matches, which seems a near impossible task at present.

Left sided midfielder, couple centre mids, a left-back and a goalkeeper are needed. Guys like Edwards aren’t good enough. Ryan Dow has been getting a free pass all season as well. Kennedy is just a total luxury player that we can’t afford during a relegation scrap. So, not only do we desperately need a new manager, we need to clear out a lot of the shite we have and replace with better players. It’s a seriously difficult task for whoever is coming in because, contrary to the narrative, the squad isn’t good enough and a lot of changes are needed but player’s contracts may not allow that change to be made so the new man might be stuck with the shite Grant has left. I really hope not though. Just don’t see where these wins are coming from.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I find it quite surprising that the crowd inside EEP has stayed on side tbh.

I reckon the vociferous boo boys are no longer coming and the rest of us range from supportive enough at the beginning of the match to completely apathetic by the end.

I had no interest in booing on Saturday, had no interest full stop really. There was a wee dog rolling about on the grass in the graveyard for a good 5 minutes which was a highlight. 

I reckon the vociferous boo boys are no longer coming and the rest of us range from supportive enough at the beginning of the match to completely apathetic by the end.

This 100%. Folk have given up, the club drove people to that point. It’s up to them to get fans back on side, I won’t hold my breath though.

Yeah, I had no interest in booing. It’s already a bad enough situation and it won’t do them any favours. You could see they were trying different things but they just haven’t got it. Folk need to realise how bad that squad is and big changes are needed. Confidence is also a big issue of course.

Wouldn't blame anybody for booing that second half. Complete arse collapse when we should've went on to win at 1-1. 

Couldn't give a shit what the players feel or think anymore to be honest. The fans have been served up utter shite by that lot all season. Wish we could punt the lot of them. I'm now past the stage of pandering to them and worrying about how the poor wee souls are affected.