Walking Down The Halbeath Road

38 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

You can forget Petrie. Ain’t happening. The chance to get him was in the summer, not one third down the line whilst we sit at the foot of the table.

The Robertson interview is basically a “if you want me, come get me” statement.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with us going to get anyone unless the applicants are truly dreadful, we went to get Grant and that didn't work out well.

Robertson may be experienced and able to steady the ship, which is what we need for sure, but beyond that he's not achieved much more than AJ or Crawford managed in their spells here that said by all accounts ICT don't have two bob but I feel this appointment has to show a bit more promise than purely steady the ship imo. I don't envy the task ahead it's a huge one, if Petrie is unavailable.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with us going to get anyone unless the applicants are truly dreadful, we went to get Grant and that didn't work out well.
Robertson may be experienced and able to steady the ship, which is what we need for sure, but beyond that he's not achieved much more than AJ or Crawford managed in their spells here that said by all accounts ICT don't have two bob but I feel this appointment has to show a bit more promise than purely steady the ship imo. I don't envy the task ahead it's a huge one, if Petrie is unavailable.
He finished above us in this league and so that's good enough for me. 1 and a half year deal with an extension clause if playoffs are achieved in that time. Get it done

Ship steadying is all I'm after at the moment tbh.

If Robertson came in and got us any higher than 7th I’d happily let him have a crack at it next season.

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
18 hours ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:
I think he's a solid appointment, has done a good job at Stirling. Some of the other options look outrageous. I've still got PTSD from our Yogi Hughes era but other options like Kenny Miller or McIntyre surely can't be better than him?

McIntyre is proven at this level. However, I'm not a fan of "going back " when it comes to managers.

Didn’t do us any harm.

3 hours ago, Heaton said:

He finished above us in this league and so that's good enough for me. 1 and a half year deal with an extension clause if playoffs are achieved in that time. Get it done

That's true and his win % is decent at most of his clubs which is always good to see.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
8 hours ago, 101 said:

Ship steadying is all I'm after at the moment tbh.

I just wonder if the German euro could lead to a manager agreeing to deliver more than staying up although that has to be the first objective. A win today and over Queens and Hamilton this quarter I feel is a must.

51 minutes ago, smpar said:

If Robertson came in and got us any higher than 7th I’d happily let him have a crack at it next season.

Oh for sure, I think any manager that keeps us up is likely to have next season to have a proper go.

17 minutes ago, grumswall said:
30 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
True, but McGlynn is held in very high regard right? I don't think anyone loves or hates McIntyre either way.

There were some who for his first season back weren't happy with him and called for his head on a near weakly basis.

While I certainly wasn’t one of those people I remember at the time being a bit sceptical about the merits of appointing McGlynn for a second time, mostly for “never go back” reasons. We beat Dumbarton 5-1 in his first game back and all feelings then subsided. 

9 hours ago, 101 said:

I don’t think any club in this league bar  Kilmarnock have ‘bob’ given the fact they’re still operating as a Premiership club (even though their matchay income will be reduced something rotten.)

I’d certainly be more troubled about money if I was a Pars fan than a The Caley fan.  

We are fucking shite. New manager has got some fucking job on his hands keeping that pish up. Useless.

I mean that’s nothing new what I’ve said there, but when you are getting comfortably beat to one of the main relegation candidates yet again, really not sure how you turn it around in all honesty. Shitebags XI. No one wanting to make things happen. Confidence will be rock bottom. Just an absolute mess and I am really not confident we will finish anywhere but 10th.

Absolutely raging after that. Game was there to be won in the second half and we acted like utter fucking shitebags. Why sit back?

OFW can f**k off any time he likes. A useless keeper who hurts the team’s cause far more than he aids it.

I’d rather be relegated now than have to watch another game of Connolly playing aimless long balls to O’Hara. Brainless tactics and torture to witness.

We’re going down.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Right now I don't even give a shite who takes the job. 

Put any fuckin mouth breather in there, absolutely thankless task for anyone. 

Keep Sir Petrie as far away from us as possible. 

Edited by Stoo61

Right now I don't even give a shite who takes the job. 

Put any fuckin mouth breather in there, absolutely thankless task for anyone. 

Keep Sir Petrie as far away from us as possible. 

Whoever takes it, and manages to keep us up, he deserves to be put in to the hall of fame. We are a long, long way off it and it would simply take a miracle to keep us up. You just wonder where the points are coming from when guff like Morton roll up to EEP and beat us comfortably. Genuinely worrying now.

Mind when we had apparently sorted out the defence? Only Hamilton have conceded more than us, and only 2 more (we've conceded 23, they've conceded 25).

We do though have the worst goal difference in the league (-13). This is because we are the lowest scorers in the league, with a massive total of 10 goals in 13 games.

Queen of the South and Morton have only scored one more goal than us, but have 4 and 5 points (respectively) more than us.

In other winless pish news, Vale of Leithen lost heavily (1-7), Inverness Athletic lost 0-2 and Fort William's game was postponed. 

Mind when we had apparently sorted out the defence? Only Hamilton have conceded more than us, and only 2 more (we've conceded 23, they've conceded 25).
We do though have the worst goal difference in the league (-13). This is because we are the lowest scorers in the league, with a massive total of 10 goals in 13 games.
Queen of the South and Morton have only scored one more goal than us, but have 4 and 5 points (respectively) more than us.

In other winless pish news, Vale of Leithen lost heavily (1-7), Inverness Athletic lost 0-2 and Fort William's game was postponed. 

When you read it like that, it is going to take some massive turn around in fortunes for us to start scoring goals to win games. We just never, ever look like scoring or scoring more than 1 goal. And even if we do, we’re always guaranteed to throw away goals because our goalkeepers and defence is shite. It is a really dire situation we find ourselves in and I just do not see a change in fortunes at all no matter who comes in. You must be off your head or extremely desperate to take our job now. The only hope is that if we can somehow get a competent man in he can shitfest results between now and January to give us a fighting chance to clinch 8th place then we can address the issues of our shite squad. Just don’t see it happening.

Fuckers like Todorov, Cole, Pybus, Mehmet, McCann are nowhere near good enough. Get them to f*ck. Ryan Dow has been utter shite as well and looks miles off it. Nowhere near the player the past two seasons. Looks totally fucked at this level.

OFW has a coaching role so surely to Christ he is back-up at best? Or dropped entirely from the line-up? Ideally we can send Graham back to Dundee United and Kennedy back to Rangers as well. I’m sorry, but the boy might be able to deliver a good ball and take on a man, but there is just so much wrong with his game and we could 100% use that wage on someone better to help our situation. Craig Wighton has looked an absolutely haddie as well. That’s the player I was expecting when we signed him. He looked very, very good end of last season, so I know for a fact there is a player in there, but Jesus Christ he is also on thin ice.