Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 03/11/2021 at 07:57, Chubbychops said:

We've seen AJ and PG implement 3-5-2 now with horrific consequences. Mind AJ's defeats to Ross County and ICT at home after beating Dundee United. Back three of Devine, Durnan and Ashcroft.

Livi had huge success with Lithgow, Declan Gallacher and Craig Halkett but two of those players when on to bigger things. 

It's about having the right players like said above. Also the quality of your central midfield. We never seem to have midfielder that can comfortably hold on to the ball for more than a couple seconds. When was the last time we had a CM that could thread a though ball to the strikers. You have to create more through the middle with that formation. Scotland are fairly successful with 3-5-2 due to the central midfield being quite good. It players to our strengths.

Four at the back suits us with what we have got. Beyond that a manager may want to change things around. Central midfield is pretty light. Wilson doesn't look up to speed, much the same as Dow since he came back. Not sure what preparation we are putting in for these long term injuries coming back but the both look well off the pace. 

That only happened due to us changing to stats based recruitment. Other than that I don't think we would've signed Lithgow, Byrne, Mullin etc. A huge part of the success of the 352 was having Lee Miller plucking everything out the air for Ryan Hardie to stick in the net. Even at that we had Neil Alexander in a swan song of glory where he was easily the best keeper in the league. 

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Kenny Miller is a definite no, apparently. 

For me it is a relief because I believe the source but will mean nothing to most. 

In amongst the love for 3-5-2 I mentioned in an earlier post, the guys on open goal asked if he had "an interview ready" meaning a presentation and he answered no and justified it along the lines of I like to sit down and speak to people, see what they want. I can't see that coming in without a plan would be popular with our "German" contingent... 

5 minutes ago, mac.i said:

In amongst the love for 3-5-2 I mentioned in an earlier post, the guys on open goal asked if he had "an interview ready" meaning a presentation and he answered no and justified it along the lines of I like to sit down and speak to people, see what they want. I can't see that coming in without a plan would be popular with our "German" contingent... 

general election uk GIF by BBC

55 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:
I’m increasingly confident that they’ll end up giving it to Rutkiewicz.
No inside sources for me, though.

Good appointment you think?

Under our current circumstances I think it would be a massive risk.

Think he’s done a decent job with Stirling and they seem to be giving Kelty a run for their money but it’s a big step up to full time management.

I’ve met Rusty on several occasions and he’s a great guy who speaks well about football. Under different circumstances, I’d be excited about him getting the job. Bottom of the table without a win though? It would be a significant gamble.

33 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think he’s done a decent job with Stirling and they seem to be giving Kelty a run for their money but it’s a big step up to full time management.

I’ve met Rusty on several occasions and he’s a great guy who speaks well about football. Under different circumstances, I’d be excited about him getting the job. Bottom of the table without a win though? It would be a significant gamble.

I think he's a solid appointment, has done a good job at Stirling. Some of the other options look outrageous. I've still got PTSD from our Yogi Hughes era but other options like Kenny Miller or McIntyre surely can't be better than him?

Is there anything to suggest Rutkiewicz would be a success? I get he’s done a *decent* job at Stirling but has it been any more than that? A consistent mid-table League Two finish for a couple of seasons surely isn’t where the bar is for a manager just now?

I think he's a solid appointment, has done a good job at Stirling. Some of the other options look outrageous. I've still got PTSD from our Yogi Hughes era but other options like Kenny Miller or McIntyre surely can't be better than him?
McIntyre is proven at this level. However, I'm not a fan of "going back " when it comes to managers.

IMO, we had our chance in the summer with a clean slate for a Rutkiwicz, Mark Fotheringham, Kenny Miller type appointment.

This now needs a manager of experience.

I'm sure it's going to be Big Chipper [emoji23]just got a feeling.

48 minutes ago, smpar said:

Is there anything to suggest Rutkiewicz would be a success? I get he’s done a *decent* job at Stirling but has it been any more than that? A consistent mid-table League Two finish for a couple of seasons surely isn’t where the bar is for a manager just now?

I don’t know enough about their squad/budget etc to know if they should be doing better or if they’re overachieving. He’s been in charge for three years now so he must be doing something right.

I’d agree he’s probably not the right pick but would like to see how he coped at a higher level.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

John Robertson giving DAFC Board a hint so thinly veiled you can see its knickers. If you’re not getting Petrie, get him in the door:

Asked whether he would be keen on the Dunfermline post, Robertson said: “It is irrelevant because they have not asked.

“I am not going to go out there and say ‘I want this, that and the next thing’.

“People know who I am and they know where I am.

“But they have to be hugely respectful and do things the right way, that’s all I am saying to it.

“I am not touting myself out there. That’s not for me. That’s not the way I am.

“I am an employee of Inverness and until anyone tells me differently, they will get everything I have got.”

Edited by Cardle is Magic

You can forget Petrie. Ain’t happening. The chance to get him was in the summer, not one third down the line whilst we sit at the foot of the table.

The Robertson interview is basically a “if you want me, come get me” statement.