Walking Down The Halbeath Road

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
30 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:
There’s no questioning the pedigree and professionalism of that pair. Maybe a bit too similar though? Quite like the idea of us having a manger who played under Jimmy C as I can’t think of a squad/period where our teams were so well-drilled and with a good mix of fun and determination. 

Like Stevie Crawford?

Didn’t he have something like one defeat by more than two goals in his whole tenure? Grant surpassed that on a fortnightly basis. I think there’s an element of fans getting more demanding and watching a football game online (as Craw’s last season was) puts into stark reality what a dreary game it can be. Going to a game for many is about the stuff around it - a drink, chat etc. It’s like the difference between chatting to a friend in person and thinking they are great compared to seeing stuff they put on Facebook and thinking “you’re a cretin”. 

9 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

Didn’t he have something like one defeat by more than two goals in his whole tenure? Grant surpassed that on a fortnightly basis. I think there’s an element of fans getting more demanding and watching a football game online (as Craw’s last season was) puts into stark reality what a dreary game it can be. Going to a game for many is about the stuff around it - a drink, chat etc. It’s like the difference between chatting to a friend in person and thinking they are great compared to seeing stuff they put on Facebook and thinking “you’re a cretin”. 

I think by the end of his tenure he only lost 3 games by more than 2 goals,

3-0 raith cup game (first game in charge)

5-1 raith last season.

And im sure there was another game but could be wrong, also would have been last season. 

Wait......isn't Skerla a manager over in Lithuania?!

Him and Barry Nic please!

But wait, other managers that played under JC include (not managing us) Darren Young, Gus McPherson, Brewster, Bullen (?) And Jack de Gier.

Jackygoal to return?

But wait, other managers that played under JC include (not managing us) Darren Young, Gus McPherson, Brewster, Bullen (?) And Jack de Gier.

Jackygoal to return?
Ian Ferguson!

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
46 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Jackygoal to return?

Ian Ferguson!

That Leigh Griffiths flare booting reminded me of Ian Ferguson accidentally hammering the ball into Celtic fans at East End. 

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Petrie also played under JC for at least one season. Scored an utter worldly against St Mirren if I mind right.

He found another level under JC. Thought he may be moved on, being a more agricultural Paton signing but he was magnificent.

I can’t remember what happened last week but o do remember Petrie playing against us for Forfar one night and being the star of the show. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Jackygoal to return?

A raft of his Aberdeen players became managers too.

Kenny Miller will be another stab in the dark appointment like the last two.  There's too much riding on this appointment to not have a manager with some kind of success story behind them. Somebody who has shown an aptitude for football management at some point in their career.

We gave Jimmy Nic an interview at the eleventh hour because someone from your club asked if it was possible so he'd get some interview experience as he moving towards coaching.

The rest is history.

Every managerial appointment is a bit of a lucky bag. You just never quite know what you're getting. Everyone thinks they know, but nothing is guaranteed. 

PS. I am lead to believe a certain ex Pars boss was supposed to be a shoo in at the time when the board decided that Jimmy Nic was more suited. 😊

Edited by embow

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Kenny Miller would an absolutely horrendous appointment. It would be on the same level as the Grant appointment.

I didn’t take the Rutkiewicz suggestion seriously but he’d be a far better choice than Kenny Miller ffs.

Don’t mess this up again Pars, c’mon min.