Walking Down The Halbeath Road

McArthur feeling he has no option but to walk away from the club is a massive shame and there are "fans" of this club that should bare the burden of most of that shame. 

I hope us sensible fans can get across to him how grateful we are.

It's only football. 

Edited by Stoo61

31 minutes ago, DeclanG said:

Worst part is that I bet the folk who spat on him, verbally abused him and slashed his tyres all feel pretty proud of themselves right now.

That’s an absolute disgrace. I don’t care what anyone thinks about the way the club has been run, behaviour like that is totally inexcusable.

31 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Bemoan the actions of supporters saying its putting off sponsors and investors yet continually reference them in board statements. Sensible.

Pretend there are other reasons for this happening. Dishonest & stupid.

56 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Bemoan the actions of supporters saying its putting off sponsors and investors yet continually reference them in board statements. Sensible.

If they are going to continually bring up fan behaviour, the should explain what behaviour they are talking about. 

One of the reasons the infamous statement went down like a lead balloon was because it sounded like the the last paragraph was blaming fans unhappy down at QOS. When it was referring to Ross McArthur being spat on and having his tyres slashed.

Folk who don't read forums and find out inside information on tap will get the wrong end of the stick. They need to be a bit clearer about the severity of these incidents and not word it like general fans behaviour.

Edited by Chubbychops

You have to be utter pond life to be spitting on someone. Has the culprit been identified yet? Had only heard a rumour about this incident but had nothing been confirmed as far as I was aware.

Wish RM all the best in the future, his dedication and efforts to steer the club in the right direction will never be forgotten, although I think he’s done as much as he can as chairman and I’d agree it’s the right time to move on. 

Aye, probably should have made it clearer it isn’t our Ross Graham, unfortunately.

Also speaks concerning volumes of his ability that it’s so believable he could have gone to that level so quickly.

Not been on here since PG left. Great that it’s done, shite how it turned out but I don’t think any of us seen it going differently. The day he was announced I genuinely started wondering who our next manager would be. Naturally Petrie was the guy I wanted most, but having spoken to someone I work with who knows John Robertson over the the last couple of days I think he’s the man I want. For many a year I’ve seen him as a future manager of Dunfermline one day but couldn’t see him leaving Inverness. Would be nice if this is now more possible that he’s not the manager there.

Kenny Miller isn’t the man for this job now, IMO we need championship experience but I’d be lying if I wasn’t pleased with how he spoke about us on Open Goal. It wasn’t just stabbing at random facts, he’d done some homework.

44 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I’m sure that Ross Graham is the older brother of our ex player Finn Graham who went on to play for Brechin, now playing in Australia. 

Finn Graham and Ross Graham now at Crossgates Primrose. They have a third brother Sam who's been a big part of Leven United AFC success over the past decade 

I thought McArthur was always stepping down as chairman. Has it perhaps been brought forward? Certainly I recall something about him being persuaded to stay on by the investors to handle the transition, which suggests him stepping away as chairman was always the plan.

Absolutely horrible what happened to him. Hopefully those responsible are found out and banned for life from East End. Hopefully it becomes known among the support who they are as well, so that they are given a 'less than favourable' welcome should they ever attempt to slither in to the Pars support at any home or away game as well.

Can't really add anything to what has been said about McArthur here, save to echo it. Top job by a top guy, and the Grant fiasco won't change that, being a blip on an otherwise excellent tenure given what he's done. He was absolutely right to call out the stuff about idiots vandalising the stadium and the racist chanting incidentally. Can't believe how folk still hold that against him ("He only makes statements to have a go at the fans!!!!!!!").

Hope he gets a good reception at the last home game. Certainly the least he deserves.

2 hours ago, Goldenface said:

Not sure if it's a whoosh or not but (after having to check) I was disappointed to learn its a different Ross Graham.

Although it would be very much like The Pars for him to be gone and it never being announced.

Hopefully the new manager can rescue Lewis Martin from whichever cupboard Grant hid him in.

A few comments from Greg Shields interview may give an insight to Peter Grant's downfall.

• ''The relationship myself and Steven have with the players have made the last two days enjoyable''  Were the days prior to that not enjoyable and was PG's relationship with the players making training unenjoyable?
  • ''It's back to basics with them and the response has been second to none''  Were instructions over complicated and unclear?
  • Compares the end of the Kenny era when McIntyre took over and talks about coming together. ''It's not just their fault, it's our too'' Seems to me that there's been a divide between PG and the players and Grant taking no responsibility.
  • ''When we came in Monday & Tuesday the difference in how they have gone about their day to day work has been very good''.  So their day to day work wasn't very good previously?
  • Accountability emerged as the buzz word of the week. ''Everyone took responsibility for the poor results''. Another comment about responsibility. PG clearly took none.
  • When asked about continual poor performances he mentions ''giving  players player a bit more freedom'' Sounds like PG has micro managed and laboured players with instruction.

I think Greg's interview sounds quite promising.  Sounds like he wants to make their workplace a bit more relaxed and enjoyable. I still think there's problems with the balance of the squad and lacking quality in the midfield and goalkeeping department, but hopefully we have enough about us to get off the bottom by the January window and carry out some squad reconstruction.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

A few comments from Greg Shields interview may give an insight to Peter Grant's downfall.

• ''The relationship myself and Steven have with the players have made the last two days enjoyable''  Were the days prior to that not enjoyable and was PG's relationship with the players making training unenjoyable?
  • ''It's back to basics with them and the response has been second to none''  Were instructions over complicated and unclear?
  • Compares the end of the Kenny era when McIntyre took over and talks about coming together. ''It's not just their fault, it's our too'' Seems to me that there's been a divide between PG and the players and Grant taking no responsibility.
  • ''When we came in Monday & Tuesday the difference in how they have gone about their day to day work has been very good''.  So their day to day work wasn't very good previously?
  • Accountability emerged as the buzz word of the week. ''Everyone took responsibility for the poor results''. Another comment about responsibility. PG clearly took none.
  • When asked about continual poor performances he mentions ''giving  players player a bit more freedom'' Sounds like PG has micro managed and laboured players with instruction.

I think Greg's interview sounds quite promising.  Sounds like he wants to make their workplace a bit more relaxed and enjoyable. I still think there's problems with the balance of the squad and lacking quality in the midfield and goalkeeping department, but hopefully we have enough about us to get off the bottom by the January window and carry out some squad reconstruction.

There’s no questioning the pedigree and professionalism of that pair. Maybe a bit too similar though? Quite like the idea of us having a manger who played under Jimmy C as I can’t think of a squad/period where our teams were so well-drilled and with a good mix of fun and determination. 

There’s no questioning the pedigree and professionalism of that pair. Maybe a bit too similar though? Quite like the idea of us having a manger who played under Jimmy C as I can’t think of a squad/period where our teams were so well-drilled and with a good mix of fun and determination. 
Like Stevie Crawford?