Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Mark Fotheringham's being suggested by the courier. Reading the article though it sounds like pure speculation as he's based over in Germany and out of work.

Csaba Laszlo would be another guy who has managed in Germany, has a Scottish connection and is currently out of work.

What nick must the dad be in if that’s the son?
Ian looks a lot better than his son does. Really nice guy, and it would be a shame if he had to step down from the board because his son can't step away from the keyboard.

Bizarre that the club apparently know of the account but he’s still blabbing on Twitter. His faither must be pretty embarrassed, then again he could always just stop telling his boy all this information.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

Bizarre that the club apparently know of the account but he’s still blabbing on Twitter. His faither must be pretty embarrassed, then again he could always just stop telling his boy all this information.

Its quite possible that he's making it up, I mean how mad would the board be to say they are having a robust recruitment process only to then go and "head hunt". He may as well tweet "pay attention to me".

Also he must know that the club are aware considering board members follow him :lol:

Its quite possible that he's making it up, I mean how mad would the board be to say they are having a robust recruitment process only to then go and "head hunt". He may as well tweet "pay attention to me".
Also he must know that the club are aware considering board members follow him :lol:

He doesn’t seem to be very bright, does he? Think his dad maybe needs to have a word with him - although, as you’ve said, he looks old enough to know better.

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

He doesn’t seem to be very bright, does he? Think his dad maybe needs to have a word with him - although, as you’ve said, he looks old enough to know better.

The dad needs to stop talking to his son about internal affairs, this will stop the flow of information.

Is Petrie out of the equation? If he was to leave Montrose you'd think it would be to Dunfermline. 

From Ayr's recruitment process, Hugues was unlikely based on him not wanting to leave Edinburgh or commit to a long term commute. Robertson would be the same, He said he want's to be a manager again but if he's planning to stay in the North then it limits his options to two full time clubs, unless Aberdeen hit hard times. 

Levein, Much the same as Hughes, could be the basket case version you get, can pick a player but can also fill a squad with average players. 

After Hopkin left, we needed a safe pair of hands that could halt the slide with the team we had, Duffy is still looking capable of that for the moment. I'm not sure Dunfermline have any where near as bad a squad as Ayr so they may be able to make a bolder, more adventurous appointment. 

If David Hopkin applies and is even given an interview, I would suggest a fan boycott and rioting. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Is Petrie out of the equation? If he was to leave Montrose you'd think it would be to Dunfermline. 

From Ayr's recruitment process, Hugues was unlikely based on him not wanting to leave Edinburgh or commit to a long term commute. Robertson would be the same, He said he want's to be a manager again but if he's planning to stay in the North then it limits his options to two full time clubs, unless Aberdeen hit hard times. 

Levein, Much the same as Hughes, could be the basket case version you get, can pick a player but can also fill a squad with average players. 

After Hopkin left, we needed a safe pair of hands that could halt the slide with the team we had, Duffy is still looking capable of that for the moment. I'm not sure Dunfermline have any where near as bad a squad as Ayr so they may be able to make a bolder, more adventurous appointment. 

If David Hopkin applies and is even given an interview, I would suggest a fan boycott and rioting. 

Wonder if Derek McInnes will apply for this role. He must still be stinging a bit after Ayr knocked him back to let Jim Duffy take the reins.

40 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

From Ayr's recruitment process, Hugues was unlikely based on him not wanting to leave Edinburgh or commit to a long term commute

If he would consider Dunfermline too far then he's really holding out for about 5 jobs in the SPFL.

Looking forward to Grant's inevitable appearance on Sportsound. Will be interesting to hear what nonsense he says. Hopefully it's this week/weekend!

Although we'll need to wait much longer, I'm also looking forward to the inevitable chat about his coaching from some players. Could be some laugh.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Looking forward to Grant's inevitable appearance on Sportsound. Will be interesting to hear what nonsense he says. Hopefully it's this week/weekend!

Although we'll need to wait much longer, I'm also looking forward to the inevitable chat about his coaching from some players. Could be some laugh.

It's going to be so good, hopefully he appreciates he got longer than pretty much any manager would expect to get to turn it round bus is suspect he won't be very pragmatic.

It's going to be so good, hopefully he appreciates he got longer than pretty much any manager would expect to get to turn it round bus is suspect he won't be very pragmatic.

He always seemed to say he couldn’t ask for any more from the board, players or fans. So it’ll be interesting to see who he does try to blame, now that he’s not trying to save his job anymore. A third of the season played and he didn’t win a league game, despite saying himself that we wanted to win the league.

Will he acknowledge that his signings have been so poor? The less of ‘his’ players we have on the park, the better we have played. That’s how mental his recruitment was.

Will he acknowledge that his 3-4-3/3-4-1-2/3-5-2 was a mistake and one that he stuck with too long?

Players obviously aren’t blameless, but it’s up to the manager to get the best out of his players. Comrie, Thomas, Dow, Kennedy, Todorov, O’Hara and Wighton have all proven themselves to be more than capable at this level. But he’s played them out of position, played tactics that don’t suit any of them, asked them to do unfamiliar things. That has to be on him. He must have had to prepare to play against almost every player currently at the club last season, and he doesn’t seem to know what they can/can’t do.

In the summer, we advertised a job for an opposition analyst. Was this ever filled? If so, what on earth do they do? Our preparation has been horrific and it seriously doesn’t look like we’ve looked at opponents at all, prior to playing the game against them.

Players aren’t blameless but the manager gets the best out of them. He is the one to get them clicking. If there is no confidence between the squad and management, you’re just farting against thunder. Individual brilliance usually got us goals this season. We didn’t play as a team. That’s all down to Grant being an extremely poor manager.

I see Kenny Miller has left his post as assistant to some Australian team a few hours ago. It’s going to be him, isn’t it?

Also, is Grant the worst Pars manager for fellow Pars fans of a certain vintage? Bert Paton was manager when I started going to the games, so I have seen Hay, Potter, Kenny as well. I would say Grant is by far the worst of the lot.

Said before on here that I thought the conditioning looked a bit suspect too. If players don’t 100% buy into what their coaches are telling them then will they really push themselves to the limit? Good chance for Meggle to see what Shields and Whittaker offer good or bad. 

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Players aren’t blameless but the manager gets the best out of them. He is the one to get them clicking. If there is no confidence between the squad and management, you’re just farting against thunder. Individual brilliance usually got us goals this season. We didn’t play as a team. That’s all down to Grant being an extremely poor manager.

I see Kenny Miller has left his post as assistant to some Australian team a few hours ago. It’s going to be him, isn’t it?

Also, is Grant the worst Pars manager for fellow Pars fans of a certain vintage? Bert Paton was manager when I started going to the games, so I have seen Hay, Potter, Kenny as well. I would say Grant is by far the worst of the lot.

Leishman was in charge when I started and Paton taking over was such a relief after Munro and Jocky Scott. Just put the fun right back into being a fan. He was happy to go for it on the pitch but also a bit mad in a very good and likeable way.