Walking Down The Halbeath Road

This clamour for Petrie reminds me of St. Johnstone fans clambering to get John Connelly as their Manager. A Club legend who had enjoyed decent Managerial success with a part-time team in a lower division. It turned out not to be the successful marriage that Saints fans dreamed off and the fans couldn't wait to see the back of him.

As i wrote on September 3rd :

"Have been thinking for a while that the new investors might be considering an appointment from "linksfeld" for the next manager with their Hamburg connections.  Maybe @Stellaboz can give some insight about the possibility of the currently unemployed Daniel Thioune ??

Maybe salaries & funds available are way beyond a reality for him or any others from that circle, but the potential Scottish alternatives to the current, incompetent incumbent are both thin on the ground and uninspiring.     Just a thought for something different and to get the fans back onside - even for a while.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daniel-thioune/profil/trainer/15452"

Still think the Board are due the fans a positive appointment, so if the German uberlords want to bring something new and forward-thinking, then . . . . . . . .  

5 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

This clamour for Petrie reminds me of St. Johnstone fans clambering to get John Connelly as their Manager. A Club legend who had enjoyed decent Managerial success with a part-time team in a lower division. It turned out not to be the successful marriage that Saints fans dreamed off and the fans couldn't wait to see the back of him.

It would be an improvement on a manager who was an abject failure at a part time team anyway!

As i wrote on September 3rd :

"Have been thinking for a while that the new investors might be considering an appointment from "linksfeld" for the next manager with their Hamburg connections.  Maybe [mention=27442]Stellaboz[/mention] can give some insight about the possibility of the currently unemployed Daniel Thioune ??

Maybe salaries & funds available are way beyond a reality for him or any others from that circle, but the potential Scottish alternatives to the current, incompetent incumbent are both thin on the ground and uninspiring.     Just a thought for something different and to get the fans back onside - even for a while.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daniel-thioune/profil/trainer/15452"

Still think the Board are due the fans a positive appointment, so if the German uberlords want to bring something new and forward-thinking, then . . . . . . . .  

No danger would anybody go from managing HSV to Dunfermline [emoji23][emoji23]

I get that the Club will want to just quickly get a statement out, but I’d like to see some acknowledgment of making a mistake and making sure the recruitment process will be done better next time.

Don’t just give the job to the first fucker that pops his CV through the door and talks as if he’s won all there is in the game.

14 minutes ago, smpar said:

I get that the Club will want to just quickly get a statement out, but I’d like to see some acknowledgment of making a mistake and making sure the recruitment process will be done better next time.

Don’t just give the job to the first fucker that pops his CV through the door and talks as if he’s won all there is in the game.

I can almost guarantee they don’t feel sorry, nor feel they made a mistake.

Just bad luck, y’know?

The Robust process must have been carried out when appointing Peter Grant 🤷‍♂️ Love to know how much Dunfermline have wasted on paying him off plus if you think your going for Petrie more money will have to be spent 

Brian Rice come on down 😂😂😂

Edited by basher brash

19 minutes ago, smpar said:

Hopefully fans will be able to ask this very question soon, although we had hoped to have the manager along which would be fairly optimistic now.

Worth having another read of that mentally arrogant statement from a few weeks ago in the context that they have now done exactly what they were saying was the wrong and stupid thing to do. 

Anyway, it was always going to happen but I hoped the board would have dug their heels in more for the lolz. Hopefully the next appointment is equally dreadful!

Guy seems like a bit of a roaster.

Anyway, interview more than one fucker this time Pars, eh? Don’t just give it to Brian Rice because he was the first one to put his name forward.

Congratulations boys n girls!

Dont care how long it takes, just do a competent job of interviewing, analysing and getting a good fit for this club and these players. 

Please. 

Edited by Stoo61

What Dunfermline need now is not just a manager with a proven track record of keeping clubs up in this division but improving clubs and getting them promoted. Gus McPherson is clearly the man for the job and I'm sure MCT will happily let you have him for nothing as a show of solidarity.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

What Dunfermline need now is not just a manager with a proven track record of keeping clubs up in this division but improving clubs and getting them promoted. Gus McPherson is clearly the man for the job and I'm sure MCT will happily let you have him for nothing as a show of solidarity.
Least Gus has a modicum of success in his managerial career (albeit 15 years ago). The bold PG had none.