Walking Down The Halbeath Road

For a long time there has been no defence of Grant, despite the best efforts of some morons who fell over each other to defend him. Their claim was that Grant works for the club and so they want him to succeed. However, I'd argue that these morons stopped being Pars fans and started being Grant fans a while ago. Their obstinate defence of the man made no sense. It went beyond wanting him to succeed because he is our manager. They wanted him to win a game so that they could claim they were right and to continue to arrogantly pretend they know better and are, somehow, 'better' fans. They want to sneer at fans who wanted Grant gone early and/or fans who never wanted him here. It's exceptionally bizarre behaviour. Imagine actually chucking the support for your club for some utter no mark manager who has never been successful and never will.

Didn't see any of the game, but just listened to PG's post match interview.

All the blame today (like every other game) lies with the players and their mistakes.  They're brilliantly prepared for each game though.  He also thanked the Board (again) for their continued support.

Please let this shitshow be stopped now to at least give us an opportunity to salvage the season.  A win against Morton (albeit a draw looks the best on offer given recent results) changes nothing.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

For a long time there has been no defence of Grant, despite the best efforts of some morons who fell over each other to defend him. Their claim was that Grant works for the club and so they want him to succeed. However, I'd argue that these morons stopped being Pars fans and started being Grant fans a while ago. Their obstinate defence of the man made no sense. It went beyond wanting him to succeed because he is our manager. They wanted him to win a game so that they could claim they were right and to continue to arrogantly pretend they know better and are, somehow, 'better' fans. They want to sneer at fans who wanted Grant gone early and/or fans who never wanted him here. It's exceptionally bizarre behaviour. Imagine actually chucking the support for your club for some utter no mark manager who has never been successful and never will.

The obnoxious way they reply to posters who dare criticise the powers that be is just horrible. 

Like you say, they seem to think they are an elite group of fans because they don't disagree with anything the club does. When in reality they are clueless. Accepting and defending failure. Sneering at folk who have quite rightly identified and have called out the huge mistakes made by the board for months now. They have deluded themselves that we are improving. It was hard not to improve from that daft system that Grant brought in but there been no improvement since the ICT game 8 games ago, when we were first told we were turning a corner.

It was so clear it was never going to work. Would they really trust Grant with another transfer window or change of system after what he brought in and created in the summer.

If only the vocal majority had been listened to months ago instead of meekly accepting the shambolic way football affairs have been managed we might not be in the perilous position we find ourselves in now.

I was told on the clubs pussbook page last night I'd get kicked in by one of our fans if I boo'd near him....it is also seemingly the boo boys fault for him being mince and our other managers leaving due getting abuse. Eh aye cos they were also poor...

29 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'll be quoting this this time next week when you're off the foot of the table.

We shall see! I expect a draw at best if Grant is still here.

21 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

The obnoxious way they reply to posters who dare criticise the powers that be is just horrible. 

Like you say, they seem to think they are an elite group of fans because they don't disagree with anything the club does. When in reality they are clueless. Accepting and defending failure. Sneering at folk who have quite rightly identified and have called out the huge mistakes made by the board for months now. They have deluded themselves that we are improving. It was hard not to improve from that daft system that Grant brought in but there been no improvement since the ICT game 8 games ago, when we were first told we were turning a corner.

It was so clear it was never going to work. Would they really trust Grant with another transfer window or change of system after what he brought in and created in the summer.

If only the vocal majority had been listened to months ago instead of meekly accepting the shambolic way football affairs have been managed we might not be in the perilous position we find ourselves in now.

Aye, they're utter oddballs. I absolutely get giving a new manager a chance, but they ignored everything about his failure and continue to make up silly stuff about an imagined improvement, desperately hoping that something will stick just so they can say "Told you so!!!!!!!" to other fans. Weirdos.

They seem to have actually convinced themselves that they are somehow gatekeepers of the fanbase and of the manager.

16 minutes ago, Heaton said:
43 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I was told on the clubs pussbook page last night I'd get kicked in by one of our fans if I boo'd near him....it is also seemingly the boo boys fault for him being mince and our other managers leaving due getting abuse. Eh aye cos they were also poor...

Haha, you should have called their bluff. Those types of fannies are just like yappy wee dogs. They'd do absolutely f**k all.

The fans, in general, have been quite positive overall as well.

15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Can’t even begin to think of the amount of sponsorship money that wee protest as the team bus left has cost you.

I fully expect to see blank sponsor boards pitchside next weekend at East End.

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Agreed. Dunfermline are at least scoring goals and we don't have the quality to beat their defence... as shite as it is

Away and don't talk pish!

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Surely that has to be curtains for him now, how long can a team with the supposed aspirations of Dunfermline go without a win and have the board still think the man in charge is their guy?

It's gone from incompetence to just plain weird now. Just baffling behaviour from our club's decision makers.

Edited by Chubbychops

On 28/10/2021 at 00:05, DA Baracus said:

This Saturday (SATURDAY! Saturday!) we have:

Arbroath vs Dunfermline Athletic

Gretna 2008 vs Vale of Leithen

Newmains United vs Royal Albert 

Which team will be the last man standing of not winning a league game?!

Fort William and Inverness Athletic don't have a game this weekend; they next play on the 6th of November, so they'll still be in the running at that stage (Fort William are actually in the semi final of the Highland League Cup this weekend; Inverness sit this round of fixtures out as that league has an odd number of teams). But who will be with them?! Find out this weekend! WEEKEND!

Vale of Leithen drew 1-1.

However, Royal Albert won 0-2!

Now it's just us, Vale Of Leithan, Fort William and Inverness Athletic without a win across Scottish football!