Walking Down The Halbeath Road

This season in a polite term so far is a sh**e show.

last season the objective was to get to the play offs which we managed by the skin off our teeth.

this season should have been a progression on that but sadly and worryingly the board are happy sitting on there hands doing sweet f all about it. 

the fans are taking the brunt off it and continually back the team. The young lads in the north west were brilliant last night and have been every time I’ve been this season. They said in the email I got they weren’t taking the fans for granted it certainly seems that way to me from what I’m seeing. They kept the north west gate shut for nearly 15 mins after game finished last night when next to no rover fans walked passed. We pay our money into the club and gets ****ed up the wall employing a joke of a manager and some off the player recruitment has been utter crap. 

I’ll continue to go but the board or manager dosent have my support. The players do as I think they are being sold down the river by who is managing them and the club.

it’s certainly worrying times being a pars fan 

26 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

s there any update on a supporter's council meeting? At the risk of going full Falkirk there are some major questions that need answering from the board..

Should be news v.early next week

Fans need to be more demonstrative at games now. We need banners and visual representations of how unacceptable things are. A walkout (not the 4th minute!) would be good, especially if the folk were noisy doing so. 

Folk treating a last minute equaliser like a win just allows the board to keep lying to themselves and us about the situation. Obviously you aren't going to get folk booing and shouting for Grant to leave forthwith after scoring a 94th minute equaliser, but I bet plenty of folk were ready for an almighty booooo just before Comrie cracked that one in. 

It's been mentioned already, but last night there was lots of clapping the team off. It's letting the board away with things. They can't be allowed to get away with it. I know folk have said they were clapping the effort of the players, but their effort has never been in question (and if all it takes is effort, we'd all sign up to play and happily get clapped off after turning in a terrible performance). Folk don't have to go mental and shout and scream and booo them off, but it might send a message if folk just walked away at full time. Wishful thinking mind, as that's never going to happen, so it needs to be the banners and demonstration route.

Now to wash some bedsheets...

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Fans need to be more demonstrative at games now. We need banners and visual representations of how unacceptable things are. A walkout (not the 4th minute!) would be good, especially if the folk were noisy doing so. 

Folk treating a last minute equaliser like a win just allows the board to keep lying to themselves and us about the situation. Obviously you aren't going to get folk booing and shouting for Grant to leave forthwith after scoring a 94th minute equaliser, but I bet plenty of folk were ready for an almighty booooo just before Comrie cracked that one in. 

It's been mentioned already, but last night there was lots of clapping the team off. It's letting the board away with things. They can't be allowed to get away with it. I know folk have said they were clapping the effort of the players, but their effort has never been in question (and if all it takes is effort, we'd all sign up to play and happily get clapped off after turning in a terrible performance). Folk don't have to go mental and shout and scream and booo them off, but it might send a message if folk just walked away at full time. Wishful thinking mind, as that's never going to happen, so it needs to be the banners and demonstration route.

This

19 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Peter Grant has been in charge of 28 Championship matches in 2021. His record stands at:

3 wins

13 draws

12 defeats

22 points overall and a win rate of 10.7%. The man has long surpassed my worst expectations and is well in the running for worst Pars manager of my lifetime.

For all of Grant’s many, many flaws though, at the end of the day it’s not his fault he has this job. 

The club absurdly decided he was the best candidate and now seem completely immobilised and unable to make the obvious move. Just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best is moronic, bordering on negligent.

Edit - Wasn’t one of the reasons Grant was appointed because of his commitment to his preferred playing style? That’s been thankfully ditched but I really don’t understand what the club see that we don’t.

That’s a statement not a question.

That's Ross County three nil up at Dens. Barring a miraculous comeback, they'll win that game and will leave only one club in the entire SPFL without a win.

That club, of course, is Dunfermline Athletic.

Once Arbroath cuff us and he still hasn’t been punted, then there should be visual displays to show our anger. Could be cut adrift of safety never mind promotion play-offs at 5pm this Saturday. Unsure if the walkout thing works tbh. Could quite easily be winning against Morton heading in to the 70th minute, or whatever. I certainly wouldn’t want to leave if that was the case. I’d want to stay behind to see if we could hold on.

My heart says the board will be waiting on Saturday’s result before taking action. My head says they’ll continue to be egotistical lunatics and keep him on beyond Christmas.

Four nil for Ross County.

We now have to go to Fort William in the Highland League and Vale Of Leithen in the Lowland League to find a fellow team without a win throughout senior Scottish football.

17 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

So, essentially after tonight we will be the only team in the whole of the SPFL without a win. Sound.

That is correct. As noted, you now have to go to the teams bottom of the Highland and Lowland Leagues to find the only other teams in the entirely of senior football (78 teams) without a win.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Once Arbroath cuff us and he still hasn’t been punted, then there should be visual displays to show our anger. Could be cut adrift of safety never mind promotion play-offs at 5pm this Saturday. Unsure if the walkout thing works tbh. Could quite easily be winning against Morton heading in to the 70th minute, or whatever. I certainly wouldn’t want to leave if that was the case. I’d want to stay behind to see if we could hold on.

My heart says the board will be waiting on Saturday’s result before taking action. My head says they’ll continue to be egotistical lunatics and keep him on beyond Christmas.

If a walkout isn't the right option, is a mass late arrival a better choice?

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

For sake of completeness besides the already mentioned clubs you also find yourself in the company of Inverness Athletic (NCL - tier 6) & Royal Albert (WOSL Conference B - tier 7) for winless teams in the pyramid.

It’s not a fair comparison though as they’ve not had to deal with the unique challenges Peter Grant has faced; like the weather, COVID or fans. 

I honestly believe it doesn't matter what the fans do to demonstrate their frustration. The club explicitly referred to it in their statement, they are well aware how the fans feel, they're just doing f**k all about it because their own stubbornness and egocentric nature is their top priority. 

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

For sake of completeness besides the already mentioned clubs you also find yourself in the company of Inverness Athletic (NCL - tier 6) & Royal Albert (WOSL Conference B - tier 7) for winless teams in the pyramid.

Who are they playing at weekend…