Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Courier article with him this morning. He's just a complete parody. Although the anger is more with the board rather than Grant. Their ego is obviously more important than the club. Grant is just a complete dud being backed by absolute clowns. 

Wish someone would ask him why he sat on his arse when Thomas scored instead of the usual shitey pointless questions

No win in 10, potentially goal of the season scored and your manager sits on his arse jotting some drivel in a notebook, just unbelievable stuff.

For what it's worth I still say you guys will be safe come the end of the season, yes your manager may be incompetent but you have a decent squad a players there.

If you do happen to go down can we have Don Thomas please 

33 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I applauded when Thomas' was announced as MOM. I'm implicit in nothing. Get over yourself.

I want this c**t out of our club too but screaming at the players as they troop off the park after putting a shift only to lose a late equaliser would achieve nothing.

Who said about screaming at players? Just don't think applauding failure is appropriate.

13 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Who said about screaming at players? Just don't think applauding failure is appropriate.

Read all my post - I said why I applauded DT. I also think it's appropriate to try & lift the players as they looked utterly dejected at FT, I think most of them actually give a f**k, unlike you clearly. 

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Read all my post - I said why I applauded DT. I also think it's appropriate to try & lift the players as they looked utterly dejected at FT, I think most of them actually give a f**k, unlike you clearly. 

How do I clearly not give a f**k? 

Edited by Chubbychops

Like a lot of us, chubbychops is pretty regularly posting about the disappointment we have had so far. I’d actually say he’s fairly reasonable with that vast majority of his posts. If he didn’t give a f**k he probably wouldn’t get so worked up about it all and post a lot of those emotions on here. Trying to argue that he doesn’t give a f**k because he was (quite rightly) frustrated at full time last night makes absolutely no sense. Not giving a f**k would be applauding the players anyway, claiming it was a good result/performance, saying the manager deserves more time etc.

That’s not a dig at you. I understand your reasons for applauding the man of the match announcement and applauding some individuals who deserved it. But don’t go full .net style on us here and claim that those calling out mediocrity don’t care about the club. That’s honestly s***e behaviour. We’re all struggling this season, don’t need to start fighting amongst ourselves.

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

How do I clearly not give a f**k? 

OK, I could have worded that a lot better.

I read your reply as if you didn't shout, scream & boo the players yet didn't applaud them so made your way to the exits.

I don't know you personally & only post on here occasionally, so am in no position to judge you. I was probably just smarting after being labelled a tartan blanket-clad apologist just because I choose to sit behind the goal.

Apologies.

Edited by da_no_1

Defeat on Saturday, which is probably a certainty tbh, could potentially see us 4 or 5 points adrift of 8th place i.e. safety, all before Guy Fawkes' Night. To say this season has been a disaster is an understatement. The board have made a rod for their own back with the disgraceful statement at the start of the month.

When your derby rivals start singing "going down, going down" and your own fans, not a large amount to be fair, start chanting "Granty, Granty GTF" at the end of the match, then you really have to question how the board can listen to that, look at the performances, look at the league table and continue to stick with the status quo. Their own ego, to them, is way more important than the club. That is abundantly clear now. They will claim the 3 draws as improvement. Three points from a total of 12 will be deemed acceptable to them.

Don't get your hopes up of any changes happening. We're going down all thanks to these gormless clowns in charge of the club. 

Fair enough if somebody is applauding a particular players performance. I didn't really consider that. 

What annoys me is that there were quite a few applauding after that match. I'm sure much of it was fans showing appreciation for that performance. The Raith goal was due to two players standing off. Raith upped their effort last 10 and looked like they wanted it more than us. The organisation of the team in the latter stages was terrible. The organisation of the attacking play is disjointed and has no cohesion. So many thing wrong that it baffles me why folk were showing appreciation.

I think applauding that gives the board the wrong message. Last night was nowhere near acceptable and nobody should give out signals that it was. I'm not saying shout and abuse players but I just don't think that performance was befitting of a standing ovation.

Edited by Chubbychops

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I don’t agree with this idea that Grant needs to lose Game A or Game B before he’s sacked; he’s simply not up to the job.

Beating Arbroath or Morton isn’t going to change that fact.

I doubt any fan does, but this is what the board are going with. Wouldn't even speculate or get worked up about it anymore. They're sticking by him and it's a hill they are quite prepared to die on. 

If we lose on Saturday then our last 4 games will have followed the exact same pattern of the 4 games that led to the “results need to change quickly” statement.

I’m worried that even a point gives these arrogant wanks enough ammunition for a “results *have* improved” type attitude. A win will definitely justify keeping Grant as far as they’re concerned.

Lose, though, and they don’t have a leg to stand on.

I think applauding that gives the board the wrong message.

I get your point, but I think it’s clear that the board don’t give two shiny shites what the fans think.

I used to really believe that this Club cared about the fans*; we regularly give ourselves a self-satisfying pat on the back for being such a good wee community club.

It feels far from that. I never thought I could feel so disconnected from this club before.

*FWIW this was the case for a while, it’s just gone rapidly down hill in the matter of a few months.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

If we lose on Saturday then our last 4 games will have followed the exact same pattern of the 4 games that led to the “results need to change quickly” statement.

I’m worried that even a point gives these arrogant wanks enough ammunition for a “results *have* improved” type attitude. A win will definitely justify keeping Grant as far as they’re concerned.

Lose, though, and they don’t have a leg to stand on.

They don’t have a leg to stand on as it is!

We’ve drawn 6 of our last 7 games, earning 6 points.

If we’d won 2 and lost 5 of those games, everyone would rightly agree it was shocking form but it would be the same number of points.

They hired him for his “style of play” which has already been abandoned in panic for some back to basics shite which has stopped us getting thumped but still not resulted in any wins.

He’s a total imposter and our club fell for his pish.

They don’t have a leg to stand on as it is!

Would you believe me if I said I’d had this exact sentence typed out at the end of my post and though “nah, everyone knows that anyway!” [emoji23]

For some reason I am only just realising that he doesn't want to be here but he knows its his last management gig and he needs the pay off. 

As he literally has no feelings of pride in Dunfermline Athletic, they're just a diddy team, he doesn't care where it takes them as long as he gets paid off ASAP. 

Explains the wild substitutes and losing the dressing room seemingly instantly. 

12 minutes ago, smpar said:

I get your point, but I think it’s clear that the board don’t give two shiny shites what the fans think.

I used to really believe that this Club cared about the fans*; we regularly give ourselves a self-satisfying pat on the back for being such a good wee community club.

It feels far from that. I never thought I could feel so disconnected from this club before.

*FWIW this was the case for a while, it’s just gone rapidly down hill in the matter of a few months.

Couldn't agree more there is some heavy lifting for the board to do, many elements of the good stuff persist but reengagement has to be in the fore and it has to be sincere, the first council meeting will help but it needs to go further than that imo.

Is there any update on a supporter's council meeting? At the risk of going full Falkirk there are some major questions that need answering from the board..

Why was it deemed acceptable to hire a manager previously relegated with Alloa and not follow a stringent recruitment process and at least interview candidates for the role? What do the new German consortium and the existing board talk about in there board meetings, why do they think this is acceptable for a club seemingly 'aiming for the automatic promotion spot'? They said results have to improve 'quickly' in that car crash of a statement, 3 games down the line since and we are still winless, surely that's not improvement? Where are all the ground-breaking fan engagement and marketing ideas the new owners promised? What is the update on the training ground and academy? How can owners from a country famed for it's fan engagement somehow take majority stake and since the fan base has been even more alienated?

I've attended every game this season bar Morton on opening day and haven't seen a single shred of evidence to suggest he is going to improve us in the short/medium/long term and get the team promoted, are the board watching the games and satisfied with what they see?

His recruitment has been nothing short of disastrous, creating an unbalanced squad chasing a formation that was abandoned after an embarrassment at Ibrox wherein he tried to play 3 strikers. Mehmet on a 2 year deal, not good enough. Leon Jones, signed on a one year deal and made one appearance, deemed not good enough whilst on trial for Partick. Ross Graham, enough said.

I know I am just echoing what others have said but it fucking sickens me to see the club being run like this, why are football boards in Scotland so arrogant towards fans? Celtic last season leaving it so late to sack Lennon despite the fans recognising he wasn't up to it early on, Falkirk and their board treating the fans with utter contempt and now ours defending PG and throwing fans under the bus (I know there was unacceptable abuse given to RM but before this they have previous for pointing the finger at fans).

I'll be at Arbroath on Saturday for no other reason than the steak & black pudding pie.

Edited by VinnyPar