Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Thomas was our only creative output.

The only reason we’ve drawn the last 2 home games (rather than lose) is because Dom Thomas has returned to the team. The manager refused to play him for the first 8 games ffs. It just further highlights how clueless he is.

Bringing Thomas back in isn’t a stroke of genius, it just shows how naive and arrogant the manager was to leave him out for so long. All because he didn’t play well as a central midfielder [emoji2361]

I applauded Vytas because I have an illogical love for him and Dom Thomas. 

Am I imagining things or did Dom run over to the main stand and try and make a point during his celebration. Shields n that were on their feet but Grant was sat on his arse. 

Am I imagining things or did Dom run over to the main stand and try and make a point during his celebration. Shields n that were on their feet but Grant was sat on his arse. 

I noticed that and thought that said everything. He couldn’t even get out of his seat after that goal because of who scored it. Incredibly bitter/arrogant man.

OFW, Vytas and Thomas have all been very good since being reinstated to the team. They’ve all been frozen out by Grant at some point. He isn’t a good manager and clearly doesn’t know what makes a good player.

Just a reminder, Ross Graham was ever-present earlier in the season, while Vytas warmed the bench. We failed to score a home goal and struggled away from home, while the manager refused to play DT - who now has 2 goals in his 2 starts at EEP. He signed Mehmet and let him gift several goals, before accepting OFW was a better keeper.

It’s not just the results, it’s that abysmal standard of management that is a huge issue.

There are major man management issues at the club, that is fairly obvious. Watson was in the wrong but the root cause of that would have been the way the team is being run, you don't do that type of stupid thing if you are happy at your work. 

Dread to think what else is going on. 

Edited by Have some faith in Magic

If you are to believe some of the rumours flying about, there is a lot of disgruntled members of staff at the club.

How long do they genuinely keep this going? We’re now 12 points off the promotion play offs. We literally have no chance of finishing 4th or higher.

Get someone in now before it is too late to keep us safe and build for next season. What a shambles of a club.

43 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

The only reason we’ve drawn the last 2 home games (rather than lose) is because Dom Thomas has returned to the team. The manager refused to play him for the first 8 games ffs. It just further highlights how clueless he is.

Bringing Thomas back in isn’t a stroke of genius, it just shows how naive and arrogant the manager was to leave him out for so long. All because he didn’t play well as a central midfielder emoji2361.png

Thomas was your best player by a country mile tonight. There is no more damning indictment of Grant's tenure than him firstly playing Thomas out of position and then not at all. 

Almost any supporter of any side in this league could tell you that was madness, but somehow Grant thought he knew best. Breathtaking arrogance from the man. 

4 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

How bad is Wighton? Absolute waste of space. Todorov not much better tbh.

Wighton scored a few towards the end of last season and showed that he can be an asset. Todorov was in the championship team of the year.

The strikers have no understanding with each other. No cohesive plan for attacking teams. We were told weeks ago that we were working on the attacking side and still no improvement.

Peter Grant is the problem.

16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If you are to believe some of the rumours flying about, there is a lot of disgruntled members of staff at the club

If you believe the rumours a player left the club on Monday, the ground will shortly be flattened for houses and the training ground has been scrapped before it ever got started.

This rumor would be somewhat believable is we had lots of staff in the first place.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Anybody who stood an applauded that at the end is implicit in keeping that useless cunto in a job. 

Applauding failure. Gutless tactics. Disjointed attack with zero plan. Applauding 0 win in 11 games. Utter loser behaviour.

Said exactly that to my son as I watched the apologists in the norrie get up from under their blankets clapping

If you are to believe some of the rumours flying about, there is a lot of disgruntled members of staff at the club.

How long do they genuinely keep this going? We’re now 12 points off the promotion play offs. We literally have no chance of finishing 4th or higher.

Get someone in now before it is too late to keep us safe and build for next season. What a shambles of a club.

Peter Grant has been in charge of 28 Championship matches in 2021. His record stands at:

3 wins

13 draws

12 defeats

22 points overall and a win rate of 10.7%. The man has long surpassed my worst expectations and is well in the running for worst Pars manager of my lifetime.

For all of Grant’s many, many flaws though, at the end of the day it’s not his fault he has this job. 

The club absurdly decided he was the best candidate and now seem completely immobilised and unable to make the obvious move. Just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best is moronic, bordering on negligent.

Edit - Wasn’t one of the reasons Grant was appointed because of his commitment to his preferred playing style? That’s been thankfully ditched but I really don’t understand what the club see that we don’t.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The club absurdly decided he was the best candidate and now seem completely immobilised and unable to make the obvious move. Just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best is moronic, bordering on negligent.

This is my big worry.

Bad appointments happen, no board can get them all right, but what they can do is acknowledge mistakes and take time to address them.  Our board don't want to do that. better just blame the fans.

Mistakes are forgivable but it’s utter incompetence bordering on negligence being shown by the board this season. Lose to Arbroath and we’re 15 points behind them before halloween. The football is painful to watch, the results are abysmal, the ground is 90% empty despite the lies they try to peddle about 4.5k. Very sad state of affairs. Meanwhile up at Montrose….

Might just be wishful thinking but I’ve woke up with a feeling he’ll get his jotters today. When the statement came out it said results had to improve and fast, they haven’t.
The board will argue that performances have improved in real terms. Three games; three draws since that statement and we are a point closer to safety.

The fans will say that this isn't the spirit in which that statement should be intended.

Ultimately though, we have the second worst defence, the worst attack and if we fail to win at Arbroath then the clocks go back and we still haven't won a league game.

The draws are what the board will focus on though, they seem to think 1 point is as good as 3.

Embarrassing, deluded, utter shitebag behaviour.

10 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Anybody who stood an applauded that at the end is implicit in keeping that useless cunto in a job. 

Applauding failure. Gutless tactics. Disjointed attack with zero plan. Applauding 0 win in 11 games. Utter loser behaviour.

I applauded when Thomas' was announced as MOM. I'm implicit in nothing. Get over yourself.

I want this c**t out of our club too but screaming at the players as they troop off the park after putting a shift only to lose a late equaliser would achieve nothing.

Courier article with him this morning. He's just a complete parody. Although the anger is more with the board rather than Grant. Their ego is obviously more important than the club. Grant is just a complete dud being backed by absolute clowns.