Walking Down The Halbeath Road

It’s no wonder crowds in Scotland are so poor. How’s anyone supposed to get excited? Minimum of 6 games against Partick Thistle this season. Minimum of 4 games away to Partick Thistle this season. The small leagues (and 4 league games against each other) just make it so boring/hard to get excited about any cup games against a team in the same league. 3 trips to Firhill before the end of November. Boring.

Of course, if we were playing well and/or had won yesterday, I’d probably be relatively pleased with this. But I had hopes of us drawing Kelty and Joe Cardle scoring the goal that saw Grant get sacked…

Just looking at the League 1 table there. Montrose 1 point off the top. What a brilliant job Stewart Petrie continues to do there. Must be about 5-6 years of continual success now. 

A manager that has shown an aptitude for football management. So fucking wish we could get him in at East End.

Just looking at the League 1 table there. Montrose 1 point off the top. What a brilliant job Stewart Petrie continues to do there. Must be about 5-6 years of continual success now. 
A manager that has shown an aptitude for football management. So fucking wish we could get him in at East End.
A man who is able to motivate his players beyond their baseline performance?
Has a plan every week?
Wins games?
And he's actually a club legend, whom the fans will unite behind, come back in numbers AND give plenty time to?

Nah, you're alright.

15 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Out of all Grant's signings, only 2 of them started yesterday. He's been a joke with his transfer dealings. He brought in a formation that no reasonable competent football manager would dream of playing. He even tried it at Ibrox. 

The performances were so bad that he's gone against everything he was brought in to do. Meggle liked him because of his footballing philosophy. He now plays long ball stuff and a style were the ultimate goal is to save his bacon and not lose.

People have been harping on about turning a corner since we drew with Inverness, but I've seen no improvement to our attack play since then. There are people kidding themselves on that we are going to turn a corner. This is about as good as it will get under Grant, just trying to not lose. We have improved from the initial disaster created by Grant but the fact is that we will not win many games of football, as he simply doesn't have a clue how to organise a team that can defend AND provide an attacking threat. Surely we would've started showing some signs of improvement in attack by now if he had the answers.

We've not turned a corner, with this balloon at the wheel we are on the roundabout of continuum of shite. 

We've not turned a corner, with this balloon at the wheel we are on the roundabout of continuum of shite. 

Worrying thing is, I think this is as good as it’ll get under Grant. We seem to have settled for this and Grant/the board obviously think it’s good enough. Grant and the board promised us challenging for the title, playing entertaining football. Instead we’ve got boring 0-0 draws, rooted to the bottom of the table.

On their own, our last 2 results would have been ok. In the context of our season so far, it’s just not good enough. I just don’t see any way for us to progress from here. Grant was obviously told to sort out the defence and his solution was to play such a negative and horrific brand of football, playing for 0-0 every week. At no point do they seem to have looked into sorting the attack. You need to score goals if you want to win games. We’ve failed to score in 6 of our 10 league games. We have plenty of players capable of scoring at this level and they have proven that last season.

Nobody to blame for the abysmal performances, other than the manager/coaching staff. But the board seem too stubborn to accept this and do what’s best for the club. Instead, we’d rather publish the manager’s stupid excuses that have now gone as crazy as it being too windy and the grass being too long. Could he not at least have saved the wind excuse for Arbroath this weekend? Can’t use the same excuse 2 weeks in a row…

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Could he not at least have saved the wind excuse for Arbroath this weekend? Can’t use the same excuse 2 weeks in a row…

I've not been able to listen to one of his interviews in months purely because of how ridiculous they are. Did he genuinely complain about the wind at the weekend? Was it even that bad? He'll be devastated when he arrives at Gayfield next week.

whom the fans will unite behind, come back in numbers AND give plenty time to?

With the board’s arrogance in waiting until what, possibly November, December or later, to sack Grant, any new manager coming in has less and less time to turn things around.

If the board had hired a semi-competent manager (i.e. Petrie) in the summer, he’d at least have got the first 1/4 of the season to find his feet and sitting between 4th-6th in the table wouldn’t have been a disaster whilst not exactly desirable.

What they have done now is left us in a desperate situation where we’ve played 10 games and failed to win a single one. Any manager coming in from this point onwards has to get things turned around rapidly.

Arrogant b*****ds, the lot of them.

I've not been able to listen to one of his interviews in months purely because of how ridiculous they are. Did he genuinely complain about the wind at the weekend? Was it even that bad? He'll be devastated when he arrives at Gayfield next week.

bce80e5355db00e7f3cdd38abc6208a9.jpg

Assuming ‘or’ is supposed to read ‘on’

To an extent. You guys are relatively lucky being  only ten games into the season.
We allowed Coco Caldwell 42 games ( over 2 seasons)  before we showed him the -extra wide-door required to get his head through.
Least yous won a few games in the league [emoji23][emoji23]

22 hours ago, CallumPar said:

It’s no wonder crowds in Scotland are so poor. How’s anyone supposed to get excited? Minimum of 6 games against Partick Thistle this season. Minimum of 4 games away to Partick Thistle this season. The small leagues (and 4 league games against each other) just make it so boring/hard to get excited about any cup games against a team in the same league. 3 trips to Firhill before the end of November. Boring.

Of course, if we were playing well and/or had won yesterday, I’d probably be relatively pleased with this. But I had hopes of us drawing Kelty and Joe Cardle scoring the goal that saw Grant get sacked…

I get shot down for this every season but get it seeded like the LC.  Far more interesting ties, far more cup shocks, far more small clubs getting a massive away day at a Premiership club.

Nah, we'll just have the usual 2 or 3 all Championship ties like we have every year.  Fucking great.

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It'll be the same in the next round when the Premiership clubs come in.  Guaranteed there's at least 3 all Premiership ties.

It’s annoying when you get a shite draw but the Scottish Cup should always be open imo.

Introducing seeding would definitely ruin the competition for me.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It’s annoying when you get a shite draw but the Scottish Cup should always be open imo.

Introducing seeding would definitely ruin the competition for me.

Exactly. Suggesting seeding for the SC deserves a 6-week ban imo.