Calder won his 1st

McAndrew won his 4th

Archibald won his 1st

Wilson won his 3rd

Taylor won his 5th

Knight second spell won his 1st

Patterson won his 1st

Knight first spell won his 5th

Spoiler shows how many games it took for every manager in our history to get a league win. Nearly everyone had a better record than grant.

Only question is can grant do better than Scott(12th) or kenny(16th) both were in the premiership and both are the first names to come up when talking shit managers.

Edited by parsforlife

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Crawford won his 4th league game

AJ won his 1st

Potter won his 6th

Jefferies won his 5th

McIntyre won his 3rd

Leishman second spell won his 1st.

Hay won his 6th.

Calderwood won his 1st.

Campbell won his 6th

Paton won his 4th

Munro won his 2nd

Leishman first spell won his 3rd

Forsyth won his 2nd 

Stanton won his 6th

Melrose won his 1st

Miller won his 2nd

Wright won his 9th

Farm won his 1st

Cunningham won his 1st

Stien won his 1st

Dickson won his 4th

Ancell won his 4th

Younger won his 1st

Lees won his 3rd

Terris won his 2nd

Calder won his 1st

McAndrew won his 4th

Archibald won his 1st

Wilson won his 3rd

Taylor won his 5th

Knight second spell won his 1st

Patterson won his 1st

Knight first spell won his 5th

Spoiler shows how many games it took for every manager in our history to get a league win. Nearly everyone had a better record than grant.

Only question is can grant do better than Scott(12th) or kenny(16th) both were in the premiership and both are the first names to come up when talking shit managers.

Is that a statement?

51 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Grant saying it was windy and the grass was too long, before later talking about how he’s had a lot of injuries.

I will never understand how he got this job and how after failing at it so badly, he’s kept this job.

He's nothing other than a book of excuses.  Desperately hope the board don't buy his latest one.

More pish today. These draws don't do anyone any favours. I genuinely think pumpings would be more beneficial at this stage. I don't want us to be pumped each week mind, but these draws seem to give him more time, and he (Grant) absolutely should not be given a second more.

Draws are killing us. They allow the apologists among our fanbase to make excuses for Grant. They allow those on the board to make excuses for Grant. Draws also allow apathy to set in amongst the fans. Pumpings will see emotion, will see anger. It will see fans take actions. Draws just see fans drift away. It's very serious, and the inaction is so costly. I know some of our fans used to try and (laughably) claim we are a bigger club than teams like St Johnstone, simply on the basis of 'having more fans', but even that sad boast isn't even true any longer (and, for the record, we aren't even close to St Johnstone on any metric). We are falling so badly across all areas. Our fanbase is dwindling. How far away are we from shutting the NW (and that would be economically sensible but deeply, and rightly, unpopular among the fans)?

I mentioned it in the game thread, but I no longer expect us to get pumped. I expect us to grind out low scoring games, be it draws or narrow defeats. I have no doubt we will probably win a couple of games with how we are playing, but I mean that we will win a couple across the entire season. We drag teams teams down to our awful level and strangle games, forcing the matches in to long ball spectacles. We are horrible to watch. We still give away far too many chances though, and we were fortunate Partick didn't score today. 

Peter Grant was supposed to make us title challengers, and was supposed to make us play good football. Today, every time the keeper had the ball, he played it to Edwards, who then punted it aimlessly upfield, and it went out play more than once. A total waste of possession. I don't even blame either player, as clearly OFW has been told to pass it out to Edwards, and Partick quickly picked up on this and closed him down, leaving Edwards zero option but to punt it. Yèt we persist with that terrible football that isn't close to entertaining. Our 'style' of play is really unclear. What sort of team are we?

A quick aside; put me on the side of folk who don't hate Grant. I don't think he's 'arrogant' or similar. I think he's massively out of his depth. I think he's an awful manager. I think he's convinced himself he's not that bad. I think he'll kick around League 1 teams and below after us as a manager. But I don't think he' an arsehole. I actually think he's handled himself really well at games. He has remained professional and has applauded the fans after all games, regardless of the result. 

Someone made a good point, that Grant was brought in to shape a team in his style, with his players. However, that's been binned a while ago. Therefore, what is the point in Grant? We aren't playing his formation, and we mostly aren't playing his players. Reece Cole? Ross Graham? Leon Jones? Kai Kennedy has played a few games, but, whisper it, he isn't actually that good. He showed he might be last season in a couple of games, but that's it.

There are a lot of disconcerting rumours kicking around the club just now. All could be pish, all could be true. The club obviously shouldn't be expected to address every single piece of nonsense that is posted online, but they should be aware that when things aren't going well, pish will flow, and they should move to stem the main sources of said pish. That wouldn't even take loads of specific statements. A few broad announcements would be fine.

The middle to long term plans sound good, but have questions about them. A training ground sounds excellent, and is well overdue. However, how do we pay for the upkeep of it? A youth academy sounds brilliant. How do we pay for the infrastructure of it? Our crowds are falling. I know the investors plan to cover the start up costs, but with the razor tight incomes and outgoings, how do we afford these things as ongoing concerns? I really hope there is an answer, but I have concerns given that the club has either made small profits or has had to have board members pay for losses in recent years.

The club can't increase entry prices as they are already at the limit for football at this level. But with so many fans leaving, how can they make up the shortfall? Apparently season ticket sales are significantly down. Apparently there are many, if not all, on the board who blame this on COVID, despite the massive anecdotal evidence that 'suggests' the appointment of Grant lost us almost 1000 season tickets. 

I don't think the investors have bad intentions (I've read some hilarious 'conspiracy theories' across social media about the investors), but there are still some questions needs answered. 

One positive; Wilson looked decent when he came on today. When he is fit enough, he has to start, and I think it should be him and Allan starting in central midfield. Pybus cannot ever be faulted for effort, but he's so very average. He does things well enough, but that's it. I can't understand the feeling over other social media that he's some sort of youth player who will improve loads. He's an average Championship player who will probably have a decent career at this level for a few years, maybe even up to a decade, before he falls down the leagues. I hope I'm wrong and he improves loads with us mind. A guy you would struggle to dislike. He's just as fans of QOTS said, although we never disbelieved them.

TL;DR: Get Grant to f**k.

Edited by DA Baracus

On 22/10/2021 at 21:41, embow said:

Hibernian FC, Dundee Hibernian (now United), Duntocher Hibernian. Aka known as Duntocher Hibs where Pat Crerand started in the Juniors. Also Dennis Gillespie a former Dundee Utd stalwart.

Thornton Hibs.  Never ever been anything else since first formed.

All played in green and white but United changed to black and white in 1923 (when the club changed its name) then the second change to tangerine came about in the late 1960's/early 1970's.

100% factually correct.

Dennis Gillespie, gentleman & scholar. 

I noticed a thread on .net this evening talking about another player leaving on Monday. No mention of names but the OP suggests it’s all over social media and from a reliable source. I couldn’t see anything. Would stick money on it being Cole, Jones or Dorrans. The first two haven’t been seen for weeks yet I don’t recall them being announced as injured. Dorrans did get injured against Raith so I’m sure that’s why he’s been missing.

I noticed a thread on .net this evening talking about another player leaving on Monday. No mention of names but the OP suggests it’s all over social media and from a reliable source. I couldn’t see anything. Would stick money on it being Cole, Jones or Dorrans. The first two haven’t been seen for weeks yet I don’t recall them being announced as injured. Dorrans did get injured against Raith so I’m sure that’s why he’s been missing.

Can’t say I’ve seen anything. I’d be surprised though, unless (as you say) it’s someone like Reece Cole or Leon Jones, who we haven’t played at all. Even then though, why wouldn’t they hang around until January, when they can sign for someone else?

9 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

1, it's .net it's not good for your health to read that website.

2, Watson was a far more prominent name and was set to leave for weeks and yet it didn't leak.

3, Jones just did an interview with the South China Post, not something that would be typical of a player heading out.

All in all likely the .net poster looking for attention.

9 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Surely, unless it was another Watson scenario where their presence in the squad was problematic, you’d just wait until January, and either loan them out or release them when they had a chance of finding another club? 

Raith game will be the third game since our board told us that Grant needs to start getting wins quickly.

If we don't win this, then surely the board will say enough is enough. We can't go on accepting this anti-football cowardly crap we're being served up. We now play to not lose games and it's somehow deemed acceptable. 

Were were told weeks ago that we had tightened up and it was now a case of sorting out the other end of the park. Grant has failed to come up with the answers on how to do that. Wighton, O'Hara, Todorov, Kennedy, Thomas and Dow are his attacking options and we are toothless with very capable front players at this level.

Utter shite management still evident. Playing like a part time team that tries to stifle stronger opponents.

Out of all Grant's signings, only 2 of them started yesterday. He's been a joke with his transfer dealings. He brought in a formation that no reasonable competent football manager would dream of playing. He even tried it at Ibrox. 

The performances were so bad that he's gone against everything he was brought in to do. Meggle liked him because of his footballing philosophy. He now plays long ball stuff and a style were the ultimate goal is to save his bacon and not lose.

People have been harping on about turning a corner since we drew with Inverness, but I've seen no improvement to our attack play since then. There are people kidding themselves on that we are going to turn a corner. This is about as good as it will get under Grant, just trying to not lose. We have improved from the initial disaster created by Grant but the fact is that we will not win many games of football, as he simply doesn't have a clue how to organise a team that can defend AND provide an attacking threat. Surely we would've started showing some signs of improvement in attack by now if he had the answers.

Edited by Chubbychops

Fucking hideously bad cup draw there. Genuinely one of the worst we could have got. Really, really annoyed with that, considering loads of the teams in the draw. Disgusting draw. We haven't scored in the Scottish Cup since January 2018. Can't see that changing here. In fact we haven't won in the Scottish Cup since November 2017. Awful, awful stuff.

Only utter mentalists will be going to this one surely? 

Edited by DA Baracus