Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Any truth in the stories about the training ground? Apparently we’ve cut off all ties with Rosyth FC (who had asked the council for £300k as their contribution to it) and have been ignoring their calls/emails for the last 2 months.

Seems like they haven’t had anything from the club, but have heard unofficially that we are now going to build our base on a certain director’s land in Lochgelly…

I thought you had a place up at Kingseat?

Just heard that GRANT has been approached by HIBERNIAN!!    .........................................Thornton Hibernian that is....seems they have a vacancy on their staff, not sure what it is as of yet.......
Aye, good son.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I’d forgotten he existed. I’ll assume this is a serious question, since it’s very easy to forget that we actually loaned in a player from QPR. I don’t think he was ever even listed in a match day squad…

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Dylan_Duncan_comes_to_Dunfermline_&ID=11706

Serious question, and I didn't want to cheat and google him. Contributed about as much as Dorrans has so far.

6 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Doesn't sound good in terms of us ignoring them. Rosyth would have been good, handy to the bridge as I'd assume most of our players will travel from outside Dunfermline. Lochgelly isn't a million miles away but not exactly ideal. Tbh if we can get it going I don't care where they build it. Some comms from the club would be good around this. We keep hearing ideas and plans what the new board want to do but at the moment it's all fart no sh*te.

I'm sure we will all hear when there is news.

32 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Really.....I PLAYED FORTHEM IN THE 90.s  Clearly irony is lost on a moron like you. 

It's Thornton Hibs, and always has been.

?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F3647560%2F1596456082_0.jpg&h=550&w=980&t=fit&o=jpg

Still, calling somebody a moron whilst simultaneously highlighting that you didn't/don't even know the name of the team that you used to play for?

thumb_thats-a-bold-move-cotton-lets-see-if-it-pays-54243205.png

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

I'm sure we will all hear when there is news.

I'm sure we will. Point I was trying to make was that there's been no updates. Even an update to say we've made a little progress, we're viewing this land, we're doing this etc would be good. Little updates will be welcomed news to fans, the longer nothing is said about it the more you start to wonder if it'll happen.

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I'm sure we will. Point I was trying to make was that there's been no updates. Even an update to say we've made a little progress, we're viewing this land, we're doing this etc would be good. Little updates will be welcomed news to fans, the longer nothing is said about it the more you start to wonder if it'll happen.

I think the last update was from the chairman on the 29th July so I'm sure there will be news in the not to distant future and hopefully it can make for an informed discussion at the next supporters council which is still tbc but it would be great if the decision could be made by then imo.

21 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Which, of course, is why I added “from the history books” so that no one could possibly be confused by the reference.

Well people like me who have no earthly clue as to what you're blabbering about will be confused.

7 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I’d forgotten he existed. I’ll assume this is a serious question, since it’s very easy to forget that we actually loaned in a player from QPR. I don’t think he was ever even listed in a match day squad…

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Dylan_Duncan_comes_to_Dunfermline_&ID=11706

I think he must have got in a squad for something as I'm sure I saw him play? Maybe a Challenge Cup match or a pre season friendly somewhere? I'm going to have to check this, aren't I?

Hibernian FC, Dundee Hibernian (now United), Duntocher Hibernian. Aka known as Duntocher Hibs where Pat Crerand started in the Juniors. Also Dennis Gillespie a former Dundee Utd stalwart.

Thornton Hibs.  Never ever been anything else since first formed.

All played in green and white but United changed to black and white in 1923 (when the club changed its name) then the second change to tangerine came about in the late 1960's/early 1970's.

Edited by embow