Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

To be fair, the red zone isn’t any issue at East End, due to the area of the main stand that’s used for seating being above dugouts etc. The issue at East End is that the East stand concourse is used for away changing. Letting fans into that stand would mean letting fans into the away changing room, which wouldn’t be allowed regardless of the covid situation/regulations.

Good for rifling through the players pockets though. 

Get a chance to lift a few fake Rolexs and some Herbalife. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I don't see why any club would have any sort of covid bubble in place given there are basically no restrictions on people in this country doing whatever they want now.

No restrictions by law but the club has a responsibility still to minimise any covid risks as an outbreak could lead to a team being severely weakened or unable to fulfil a fixture.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Yet, every club does have a bubble, as well as having restrictions in place regarding changing/shower facilities and distancing/mask wearing in the changing rooms/on the bench on a match day. This is probably due to lack of players being fully vaccinated. If there weren’t still restrictions at clubs then every unvaccinated player would have to isolate after any teammate tested positive. The clubs would then be unable to argue that they had taken all reasonable precautions to avoid this and would be forced to forfeit games.

They have a bubble "at work". The players are not the responsibility of clubs or the SFA outwith their time at work. If they want to go on holiday or to weddings, funerals, shops, etc they have no more or less responsibility than the rest of the population. If Paul Watson went to a wedding he's not breaching any club or SPFL bubble rule by doing so. Just as he wouldn't if he went to a restaurant or pub. If he was not permitted to go by his club and went anyway then that's between them.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A few things in here. First of all, red zone areas aren't required in Scottish football any more, that would be a choice by clubs. Have to say I'm not sure where it stands in terms of socially distancing changing rooms etc.

However, none of these things are actually a bubble, and none of that is relevant to Paul Watson being at a wedding. Footballers, like the rest of us, are allowed to do whatever they like in their spare time. If they want to go to a pub, a restaurant, a wedding, a football match, whatever, then this is completely allowed. Therefore the notion of a bubble doesn't really exist. Bubbles are about groups of people who are kept exclusively together with no outside influence for a long period of time - for example a club might travel in a bubble for a European fixture, or a national team might be in a bubble during an international period.

Dunfermline players are clearly not in a bubble, since they go home every day to their families and live normal lives when they're not training.

Red Zones are not MANDATORY but they must be provided if the opposing club and match officials want them which in practice they all do. It's completely unrealistic to have clubs planning for match operation not knowing from one game to the next whether the opposing club requires full distancing or not (which in practice they all do anyway) so you still have to plan on the basis there is a Red Zone. The headline grabbing nonsense from the JRG was just buck passing without actually relaxing anything in practical terms.

Otherwise, yes, you're absolutely spot on.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm sure I read from SD or someone last week that Championship clubs agreed to keep their shan 'red zone' measures in place until Christmas at the earliest. 

I think that's what they agreed in principle. In practice nothing will change unless quarantine regulations change or vaccines are made compulsory.

45 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm sure I read from SD or someone last week that Championship clubs agreed to keep their shan 'red zone' measures in place until Christmas at the earliest. 

It's presumably less of an issue in this league since no team is ever going to sell out their ground.

45 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's presumably less of an issue in this league since no team is ever going to sell out their ground.

Leaving aside the potential for the Ayrshire Derby to be a sell out (not sure if that was a jibe at Ayr or not?) it still causes issues. Most clubs are unable to open hospitality areas (and in Partick Thistle and Raith's case their actual Boardroom) because of where players are changing. There are ramifications for away capacities (we've lost half of our away seating and, for now, home fans have no access to the Main Stand either). Options for entry / exit are limited.

None of it's insurmountable. If people want to go to games now they can, but if people are looking for excuses not to go they don't help. We could have easily sold twice as many tickets to Kilmarnock fans on the opening day if we'd been able to use more of the stadium.

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not 100% sure Craig but at East End the away fans still change in our away end, the substitutes are all spaced out in the bottom tier of the main stand and players are still wearing masks on arrival. Could just be something Dunfermline are doing if the majority of our team aren't vaccinated.

I know they can sometimes be a bit strict on Red Zones but asking away FANS to change is taking it a bit far. 

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Leaving aside the potential for the Ayrshire Derby to be a sell out (not sure if that was a jibe at Ayr or not?) it still causes issues. Most clubs are unable to open hospitality areas (and in Partick Thistle and Raith's case their actual Boardroom) because of where players are changing. There are ramifications for away capacities (we've lost half of our away seating and, for now, home fans have no access to the Main Stand either). Options for entry / exit are limited.

None of it's insurmountable. If people want to go to games now they can, but if people are looking for excuses not to go they don't help. We could have easily sold twice as many tickets to Kilmarnock fans on the opening day if we'd been able to use more of the stadium.

There wasn't a jibe intended, we certainly aren't going to sell out Rugby Park - even if it's a title decider I can't imagine more than 10-12k - and I think games at Somerset Park rarely reach capacity.

I was more meaning in comparison to the Premiership, where the scrapping of the red zone requirements allowed, for example, Rangers to have a pretty close to capacity crowd against Hearts at the weekend.

Less of one maybe,  but the way we have things currently at east end has created a problem for larger away supports.  We're potentially having a sold out away end for the derby(north east already sold out,  main stand wing can be used, but not a particularly big area, and somewhere police don't like us using for rowdier supports as the segregation is far more loose.(shared facilities etc)  If things are still in place 

We could move home fans but that's going to piss people off when tensions are already high. 

These things will cost clubs financially.

Edited by parsforlife

There wasn't a jibe intended, we certainly aren't going to sell out Rugby Park - even if it's a title decider I can't imagine more than 10-12k - and I think games at Somerset Park rarely reach capacity.

I was more meaning in comparison to the Premiership, where the scrapping of the red zone requirements allowed, for example, Rangers to have a pretty close to capacity crowd against Hearts at the weekend.

I think you're missing the point though. Or I am, not sure?

I'm not sure what Red Zone requirements will have changed at Rangers and why the crowd capacity would have changed one iota between the Hearts game and whatever game was before it? Red Zones have nothing to do with crowds directly, though at most smaller grounds they will have a knock on effect. For instance, although we have 6 dressing rooms inside the stadium at Palmerston and therefore visiting clubs and match officials are able to get changed in an actual dressing room instead of in a converted bar, enabling secure access to the ones the Away team use means closing one and a half sections of the BDS Digital Stand and therefore limiting away capacity. Likewise the need to accommodate socially distanced subs under cover has required the closure of the Main Stand. Neither of those factors are presumably an issue at Ibrox and if they were then they still will be unless both Hearts and match officials voluntarily waived their rights to insist on them (which would be very surprising).

I've been in the away dressing room at Ibrox. It's massive. There's plenty of room for socially distanced changing for a squad in there. They keep a zone for unstripped players etc behind the subs bench anyway which isn't included in the match ticket sales. Socially distancing subs isn't going to change the capacity one bit either. I don't know what will have actually changed at Ibrox since the JRG announcment?

31 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Seems bizarre that Peter Grant’s pre-match comments don’t even mention the decision to release Paul Watson.

Nah why would it? He's gone, focus on the boys that are sticking around. Can't put that one at his door.