Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Aye you’s might be in a bad way, but I watched that full Falkirk QandA last night. Jesus Christ. 😂😂😂

The difference between you’s, Falkirk and ourselves seems way apart right now. But with football we all know this could change in the space of a couple of weeks. 

17 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Aye you’s might be in a bad way, but I watched that full Falkirk QandA last night. Jesus Christ. 😂😂😂

The difference between you’s, Falkirk and ourselves seems way apart right now. But with football we all know this could change in the space of a couple of weeks. 

This video should be shown to our board today, almost like a modern day Charles Dickens "the shite of seasons yet to come" style short story. 

Heard a similar story tbh. In turn it absolutely cunted the clubs covid bubble. 

I don't see why any club would have any sort of covid bubble in place given there are basically no restrictions on people in this country doing whatever they want now.

I don't see why any club would have any sort of covid bubble in place given there are basically no restrictions on people in this country doing whatever they want now.
No restrictions by law but the club has a responsibility still to minimise any covid risks as an outbreak could lead to a team being severely weakened or unable to fulfil a fixture.

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

lead to a team being severely weakened or unable to fulfil a fixture.

Is that not Peter Grant's job ?

Edited by keyser_soze

Yet, every club does have a bubble, as well as having restrictions in place regarding changing/shower facilities and distancing/mask wearing in the changing rooms/on the bench on a match day. This is probably due to lack of players being fully vaccinated. If there weren’t still restrictions at clubs then every unvaccinated player would have to isolate after any teammate tested positive. The clubs would then be unable to argue that they had taken all reasonable precautions to avoid this and would be forced to forfeit games.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Not 100% sure Craig but at East End the away fans still change in our away end, the substitutes are all spaced out in the bottom tier of the main stand and players are still wearing masks on arrival. Could just be something Dunfermline are doing if the majority of our team aren't vaccinated.

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm not long into their QnA but our board needs to watch it and take note of.

I'm 25 minutes in and it keeps getting better. Completely agree with what you've said, I'm sure there's a PSC meeting being planned, we don't want something like this happening. It can be avoided! 

22 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not 100% sure Craig but at East End the away fans still change in our away end

Away teams can still request socially distanced changing facilities so the away end will be maintained as a changing facility should they not want to use the undercroft.

20 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I'm 25 minutes in and it keeps getting better. Completely agree with what you've said, I'm sure there's a PSC meeting being planned, we don't want something like this happening. It can be avoided! 

Tbh it can be avoided by not filming it, something we have never done. Some clips being shared are pretty out if context and not sure I would ever criticise any club for holding an open forum.

l'm not sure how Falkirk run their club but assuming their fan rep is a volunteer seems a shame he was thrown it the fans as the Chief Executive brought very little to the evening despite his salaried role. 

Would have been better if the fans rep had compared it rather than the loud bloke shouting folk down.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

No restrictions by law but the club has a responsibility still to minimise any covid risks as an outbreak could lead to a team being severely weakened or unable to fulfil a fixture.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Yet, every club does have a bubble, as well as having restrictions in place regarding changing/shower facilities and distancing/mask wearing in the changing rooms/on the bench on a match day. This is probably due to lack of players being fully vaccinated. If there weren’t still restrictions at clubs then every unvaccinated player would have to isolate after any teammate tested positive. The clubs would then be unable to argue that they had taken all reasonable precautions to avoid this and would be forced to forfeit games.

49 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not 100% sure Craig but at East End the away fans still change in our away end, the substitutes are all spaced out in the bottom tier of the main stand and players are still wearing masks on arrival. Could just be something Dunfermline are doing if the majority of our team aren't vaccinated.

A few things in here. First of all, red zone areas aren't required in Scottish football any more, that would be a choice by clubs. Have to say I'm not sure where it stands in terms of socially distancing changing rooms etc.

However, none of these things are actually a bubble, and none of that is relevant to Paul Watson being at a wedding. Footballers, like the rest of us, are allowed to do whatever they like in their spare time. If they want to go to a pub, a restaurant, a wedding, a football match, whatever, then this is completely allowed. Therefore the notion of a bubble doesn't really exist. Bubbles are about groups of people who are kept exclusively together with no outside influence for a long period of time - for example a club might travel in a bubble for a European fixture, or a national team might be in a bubble during an international period.

Dunfermline players are clearly not in a bubble, since they go home every day to their families and live normal lives when they're not training.

I'm sure I read from SD or someone last week that Championship clubs agreed to keep their shan 'red zone' measures in place until Christmas at the earliest. 

To be fair, the red zone isn’t any issue at East End, due to the area of the main stand that’s used for seating being above dugouts etc. The issue at East End is that the East stand concourse is used for away changing. Letting fans into that stand would mean letting fans into the away changing room, which wouldn’t be allowed regardless of the covid situation/regulations.