Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I'm not too concerned. Was decent last season playing along side Euan Murray but was at fault plenty this season, a bit like Lee Ashcroft when Callum Morris left, (I know his defensive partners were hopeless) but Connolly is far better. If Vytas is injured I'm sure Breen will do fine, if not one of the other 300 defenders we have. Not Ross Graham though.

I'm not too concerned. Was decent last season playing along side Euan Murray but was at fault plenty this season, a bit like Lee Ashcroft when Callum Morris left, (I know his defensive partners were hopeless) but Connolly is far better. If Vytas is injured I'm sure Breen will do fine, if not one of the other 300 defenders we have. Not Ross Graham though.

Tbh I’m far more concerned that such an arrogant w**k of a manager can chase out a decent centre half, more than I am about losing Watson himself.

The manner in which the club has announced it doesn’t sit right either.

A lot of rumours circulating social media and .net that he went on holiday during the international break after being told that wasn’t allowed. Good riddance if true, completely back the club on this one if that does turn out to be true. Unless the club allowed players time off then that’s not acceptable. Not like we’re flying high, top of the league. 

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

A lot of rumours circulating social media and .net that he went on holiday during the international break after being told that wasn’t allowed. Good riddance if true, completely back the club on this one if that does turn out to be true. Unless the club allowed players time off then that’s not acceptable. Not like we’re flying high, top of the league. 

That was maybe the final straw if true, but definitely a falling out well before then.

43 minutes ago, smpar said:

Tbh I’m far more concerned that such an arrogant w**k of a manager can chase out a decent centre half, more than I am about losing Watson himself.

The manner in which the club has announced it doesn’t sit right either.

The manager has to keep control of his player, particularly when results are poor otherwise they would all just take the piss.

Glad to see Dom has screwed the nut and gone about the public fall out the professional way. If Watson had a personal issue with Grant he should have done likewise.

Even Grant’s body language absolutely boils my piss btw. Just sits on his arse for 90 minutes then trudges off the pitch like a sluggish turd after a pish performance. Honestly winds me up.

Oooft!😲

Mr Watson speaking out but not the type of language you'd use if intending to still be there the next day! Asking your manager to crawl up....... I'll leave it there.🤭

Very impolite terms is putting it mildly.😲

Edited by embow

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Even Grant’s body language absolutely boils my piss btw. Just sits on his arse for 90 minutes then trudges off the pitch like a sluggish turd after a pish performance. Honestly winds me up.

Aye I always recall him barking like a dog for 90 minutes when he was the Alloa manager. Don’t see him out in the technical area much although it may just be my view that is the issue. I do see Shields out barking at players. 

Aye I always recall him barking like a dog for 90 minutes when he was the Alloa manager. Don’t see him out in the technical area much although it may just be my view that is the issue. I do see Shields out barking at players. 
Nah its not your view. Grant generally seems to say and do nothing from the dugout while Shields is very vocal.

Even when Shields was getting yellow carded on Saturday, Grant just sat on his arse and looked the other way.

Expected much more from Watson than we got to be honest. I think he started off OK then got worse the longer he was with us. Really not fussed at all that he's left.

Connolly offers much more in terms of being vocal and physically more dominant. Would like to see his contract extended.