Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Why? To make us feel like a big club? 

It’s really small time. There’s loads of clubs that do it. I think my club had done it a couple of times. 

The clue is literally in the word. It’s people attending the match. Not how many tickets have been sold.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

It’s really small time. There’s loads of clubs that do it. I think my club had done it a couple of times. 

The clue is literally in the word. It’s people attending the match. Not how many tickets have been sold.

That’s what annoys me about it. If we were counting tickets sold then fair enough, but we’re not.

I get the whole argument behind it re: sponsorships, in that you can tell someone their advertising will reach x number of punters every week. And I suppose it doesn’t really matter, but it just looks ridiculous when you get stuff like Celtic declaring 48k in attendance when it’s clearly less than half that number.

On 16/10/2021 at 22:07, DA Baracus said:

A word on ParsTV. My patience has gone with it. Today was the worst it has been. Its oddly been getting worse and worse until today's nadir. They have had over a year to improve things. That ParsTV, the club and the actual volunteers have seemingly done nothing means that they can all get to f**k. I no longer care that the ParsTV folk are volunteers. Get them all to f**k. The service is the worst in the league and is not acceptable. The club should be looking to either totally take over ParsTV and improve things with training and/or hiring actually qualified people to do it, or hiring/creating a new company to do it. I've said before that some people's only interaction/connection with the club is via watching the games online. Folk will turn off/not buy streams if the quality continues to be so abysmal, and if they stop using their only connection/interaction with the club, then the club risk losing them.

I think at this stage you need to remember that as a major source of engagement with fans, ParsTV, and every other club's streaming channel, are now of marginal relevance, pretty fortunate to still be running, and won't run beyond the end of this season. Nobody's going to set up professional companies to do it at this stage and if they didn't invest in it significantly a year ago, there's little point in doing so now.

I accept that ParsTV ran before the pandemic and will presumably return to dealing with overseas broadcasts (and those who have the know how and can be bothered with VPN's to pretend they are) but that presumably will be of limited relevance here. The only reason streaming is still running at the moment is the SPFL announced at the start of the season that it would be allowed in league games all season. It's already been made far more complex with the English insisting that geo-blocking prevents live streaming into England on Saturday afternoons. It may not be allowed in the Scottish Cup (decision still to be made on round by round basis once the big boys come in - they only confirmed Saturday's games can be streamed this morning).

There seems to be an expectation on some parts (not saying that's you) that streaming is here to stay but that seems very unlikely. It was a necessary solution to compulsory fan absence last season but fans are allowed with almost no restrictions now. There's still a bit of a grey area with respect to people having to isolate but the Govt are bending over backwards to minimise even that now with double vaccinations and tests allowed instead. It remains to be seen how another winter will affect Covid and if the vaccines will stand up to it but unless we go back to full lockdowns again I'd imagine streaming will be gone by end of May and probably in practice the only reason it will run that long is they already promised it could and some clubs have sold packages on that basis.

On 16/10/2021 at 23:13, DA Baracus said:

Quite frankly professional clubs shouldn't rely heavily on volunteers. If they do, they certainly shouldn't be charging professional prices for their services. However, as I've said multiple times, the club should have paid for training for the volunteers. They haven't, and ParsTV have either been unable to source training or haven't tried, and that is why they can all get to f**k.

I accept Dunfermline are bordering on being a Premiership sized club and are bigger than one or two who are up there now, but clubs at this level will always rely on volunteers to keep them at this level. If they paid these people what they should get they wouldn't be able to run squads for this level. It is what it is. QoS wouldn't be a Championship club without volunteers covering significant elements of the club's operation. I can't comment on ParsTV's product, I don't think I've actually watched it, but the platform it uses and we piggy back onto has been very reliable and we've had no problems at all with it. If you have issues it's presumably with the actual in stadium filming and commentary?

EDIT - Just remembered I watched the our visits last season from home so I have seen it. As far as I recall it was fine. Certainly better than Ayr's and Inverness. Has it got worse?

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

What’s he done? Willo Flood got a nicer goodbye and he only stuck around for a few hours.

Not 100% but I sense there's something in there. He wasn't in the squad a couple of weeks ago and when PG was asked why he said that Watson was not injured but not available or something along those lines, so I think there's been a falling out. Watson did do an interview after one of the early heavy defeats where he seemed to be throwing PG under the bus a bit.

Not 100% but I sense there's something in there. He wasn't in the squad a couple of weeks ago and when PG was asked why he said that Watson was not injured but not available or something along those lines, so I think there's been a falling out. Watson did do an interview after one of the early heavy defeats where he seemed to be throwing PG under the bus a bit.

Yeah, but he played after that and kept 2 clean sheets in his last 2 games. Worth noting, we haven’t kept one since! Comrie also criticised his tactics/selection in the media, so has to be more serious than that.

The fact that there isn’t even the standard “we would like to thank him for his efforts…” suggests that there’s a definite problem. If we’re backing a manager who can’t win a game, over a player who is very good at this level over a little fallout, it seems mental. Whole situation just seems a bit ‘off’ to me. Has to be a major disciplinary issue for him to be sacked, which I’d have expected to be leaked - given everything else seems to be these days.

So was the loan move made with the knowledge he would be out one way or another? 

I’d imagine so. From the face of it, I’d assume there’s been some sort of formal disciplinary process followed by the proper procedures for terminating his contract, which has led to today’s announcement.

PG confirmed after the Raith game that Watson wasn’t injured, but was unavailable for reasons that couldn’t be discussed. I should add that this is pure speculation. I have no idea what has/hasn’t happened. The lack of thanks/best wishes certainly seems to indicate that he has not left on remotely good terms.

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Paul Watson's contract terminated. Thought this might happen, definitely a falling out with PG.

Aye, looks quite a big falling out. A player agreeing to leave when they have very little options for playing for 2 and 1/2 months says an awful lot.

Suggestion he went on holiday which is obviously a bit silly.  But the falling out happened long ago.

Hope vytas isn't out for long, and we need to get Connolly signed up for the rest of the season.  Huge risk graham plays again which is really uncomfortable feeling.

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

The interview he had was strange,  but it was after weeks of being attacked by the manager,   you can see why the players began to fight back.

I've heard a Rumour the players had a meeting before the rovers game where they vented their frustrations and Doranns took the concerns to management.  If true It would be interested to know how those events unfolded. 

I have a feeling in the era of podcasts someone from the current squad is going to let thing spill over at somepoint in the next few years.

It's a shame to lose a good player,  I'd certainly liked him to be an option for the new manager.  It was discussed when thomas was suggested as want away we'd all rather have him than grant,   I'd think the same can be said for watson.

Good luck paul.

Rumoured to have had a falling out with PG and fucked off on holiday in amongst the shit-show, 5 at the back period.

Would honestly not surprise me given the state of the club just now.