Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ah, 'tantrum'. A poor attempt to discredit what I said without discussing/debating a single word of it, suggesting that you don't actually have anything to say. Do you have anything to add to the conversation at all? Perhaps you might have an opposing viewpoint that may make me reconsider?

Why on earth should I volunteer to do multiple roles? Are we all to accept nonsense quality unless we personally volunteer for various roles at a professional footballer club? 

However, I would happily volunteer to write and/or edit for the official website. 

There you go. A seriously positive contribution to help your club. At no point was it ever suggested that you volunteer for multiple roles. That's just a daft statement. Professional football clubs they may be, but many rely heavily on the goodwill and volunteer help from fans in many different ways at all levels in the club and in the different leagues.

I'm not convinced that "it's all run by volunteers!" is a valid defence for something that the club is charging £18 (?) for. 

If it's run by volunteers and given away for free then there's no right to complain, but once you stick a price tag on it there's a reasonable expectation that it at least be on a par (no pun intended) with others at the same level and a similar price point. 

13 hours ago, embow said:

There you go. A seriously positive contribution to help your club. At no point was it ever suggested that you volunteer for multiple roles. That's just a daft statement. Professional football clubs they may be, but many rely heavily on the goodwill and volunteer help from fans in many different ways at all levels in the club and in the different leagues.

Some more condescension rather than any attempt at discussion or debate. Do you have anything to add?

Quite frankly professional clubs shouldn't rely heavily on volunteers. If they do, they certainly shouldn't be charging professional prices for their services. However, as I've said multiple times, the club should have paid for training for the volunteers. They haven't, and ParsTV have either been unable to source training or haven't tried, and that is why they can all get to f**k.

Also, they should get to f**k due to the abominable cretin in charge who, to this day, continues to delete some posts against the club, and who should never be forgiven for his past behaviour. That utter garbage c**t should not have a thing to do with the club.

13 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'm not convinced that "it's all run by volunteers!" is a valid defence for something that the club is charging £18 (?) for. 

If it's run by volunteers and given away for free then there's no right to complain, but once you stick a price tag on it there's a reasonable expectation that it at least be on a par (no pun intended) with others at the same level and a similar price point. 

£12, which is very reasonable, but I agree with what you say.

Edited by DA Baracus

I guess the question on ParsTV then is if they use the same volunteers to do the same job on a regular basis (I.e. gaining experience) when they show themselves capable, or is it a helter skelter “I want to film this week” mess? The quality of camera work is, well, baleful to the average viewer…shaky, jumpy and perplexing. Surely there is a person or two that can do a decent job and be assigned to that role consistently…and any person who can’t do it should be taken off that role permanently.

The quality of camera work was diabolical. It cannot be that hard to point a camera in the general direction of a football. It looked like whoever was doing it was bird spotting whilst having a ham shank. As for the commentary, whilst I get that the guy is enthusiastic and clearly a pars lad, it gets turned off. Too much screaming and the volume of  rhetorical/stupid questions put to the co commentator is mind numbing. At one point when Connelly  had the goal chalked off he was still screaming and spraffing his breeks when it was clear the foul had been given and the players were all back up the field waiting on the keeper to take the kick. 

Edited by Rammit Bawdeep

Saturday was a weird one. I was expecting a comfortable away win but Killie weren't up to much, happy we fought back and there was definitely some more fight and desire than we had in recent games but lets be honest, it still wasn't great. We resorted to pumping long balls and the fans were getting a bit fed up but by luck one paid off, which is rare. A lot of people getting all teary at our "best performance of the season" but with all due respect we're now 9 games in, our best performance of the season being a home draw, 9 games in with no wins is a bloody shambles for most clubs, let alone a team who were supposed to be challenging for the title. As soon as we scored the second I knew that meant PG was getting more time. I stood and clapped them off the park but it's hard to really be fired up because there's little improvement. If that game finished 2-2 but all goals were scored in the first half I don't think it would have got the same reaction, it was purely the drama of the last gasp goal that fired up the fans.

The saddest thing for me was how empty the stands were. I was in the North stand and it's sometimes hard to get a feel for how quiet it is if the area around you is busy-ish, but looking at the photo someone took from the main stand shows exactly how empty the Norrie and North stands were. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

Saturday was a weird one. I was expecting a comfortable away win but Killie weren't up to much, happy we fought back and there was definitely some more fight and desire than we had in recent games but lets be honest, it still wasn't great. We resorted to pumping long balls and the fans were getting a bit fed up but by luck one paid off, which is rare. A lot of people getting all teary at our "best performance of the season" but with all due respect we're now 9 games in, our best performance of the season being a home draw, 9 games in with no wins is a bloody shambles for most clubs, let alone a team who were supposed to be challenging for the title. As soon as we scored the second I knew that meant PG was getting more time. I stood and clapped them off the park but it's hard to really be fired up because there's little improvement. If that game finished 2-2 but all goals were scored in the first half I don't think it would have got the same reaction, it was purely the drama of the last gasp goal that fired up the fans.
The saddest thing for me was how empty the stands were. I was in the North stand and it's sometimes hard to get a feel for how quiet it is if the area around you is busy-ish, but looking at the photo someone took from the main stand shows exactly how empty the Norrie and North stands were. 
Negative Nancy.

(I agree with everything you typed)

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

There was never 4000 there, barely 3000 going by the pictures.

No doubt that'll keep the sponsors happy though.

1200-1300 Killie fans.  2500 season tickets,  We are a bawhair off of no walk up fans, with visual and anecdotal evidence that hundreds who have paid up aren't showing up despite having paid.  half or dozen or so around me you'd expect to see every game missing, 1 or 2 you dismiss as on holiday or otherwise,  that amount its an active decision to stay away. Some of our most loyal fans giving up, Huge concern and one only our board can fix.

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

Glad to see the club confirm via the SLO that Lewis Martin is still in rehab with us. Not exactly news but after the rumour mill was being wound up glad to have it settled.

Does in rehab = In contract?   I'm not overly worried about other clubs jumping in,  but him working through rehab doesn't necessary equate to him currently being a DAFC employee.  Still thinks he deserves more respect than gossip Yet another unnecessary scenario created recently. Club were very good at being open in the past and need to get back to that ASAP. 

Edited by parsforlife

12 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I felt we played quite well at times on Saturday and could definitely have won the game. If all of our performances this season had been similar to that then we’d be nowhere near bottom.

I’m still painfully aware that we’ve had an atrocious start and have little faith we’ll avoid relegation if Grant remains in the dugout for much longer. He sat on his arse for most of the 90 minutes and adds nothing positive to the club.

There was certainly more apathy than anger on show at EEP sadly. Crowd never really went against the side but there were plenty of quiet moments. I’m hoping we get a better atmosphere for the Rovers game but I’m not confident.

10 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

There was never 4000 there, barely 3000 going by the pictures.

No doubt that'll keep the sponsors happy though.

They count all season tickets whether they attend or not. 

I was under the impression they stopped doing that. Must have been about 1500 Killie fans there then if that's the case. 

Don't know if it has been because of COVID which has maybe exacerbated the situation a bit the past year, but I have never felt so distant from my club my whole life. Christ, even in 2015 I still felt a bit of hope, probably because we had just recently saved the club. 

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Does in rehab = In contract?   I'm not overly worried about other clubs jumping in,  but him working through rehab doesn't necessary equate to him currently being a DAFC employee.  Still thinks he deserves more respect than gossip Yet another unnecessary scenario created recently. Club were very good at being open in the past and need to get back to that ASAP. 

Does it particularly matter? The rumor mill was that he was away, provided Martin is happy and receiving the appropriate treatment I think that's all that matters.

I think the openness is often conflated with a lack of professionalism, since the new investors have come in I would say the dealings have been more professional and this unfortunately will mean engagement can often only take place with the general fan base at the end of proceedings.

Very few clubs have the access to the board that we enjoy, for sure it could be better and I'm sure they would listen to any suggestions about how to improve it but members of the board being attacked will mean openness becomes more difficult.