Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Aye I have zero ill feeling towards Grant, just the wrong man at the wrong time and unfortunately facing the brunt of fans frustration over the last 3/4 seasons. Yes he talks utter sh*te but I actually quite liked that at the start, was a bit different and if he could have backed it up we'd probably be lapping up his interviews but when you're about to go into the final game of the first quarter, no wins on the board and rock bottom of the table it won't wash.

PG made a rod for his own back saying we would be fighting for the title. In all honesty playoffs would have been suffice for me this season, if we were currently sitting mid table I'd be fairly happy as long as we were competitive and showing signs of improvement but I just don't see it.

Randomly I see tomorrow as our only chance to get something from the next 4. I think we might raise our game, get a point but it still won't be good enough. Can see us lose away to Thistle and Arbroath. Maybe sneak another point from Raith but that's it. The next game I could realistically see us win is Morton at home.

Am I the only pars fan who has 26th March 2013 vibes about what is happening with our club. Then there were small signs that no one picked up on e.g. Stephens not renewing their contract for that season. When the germans took a big investment in our club like most fans I thought this was great but is this a false dawn and worse could this put us back in a dark place again. 

Am I the only pars fan who has 26th March 2013 vibes about what is happening with our club. Then there were small signs that no one picked up on e.g. Stephens not renewing their contract for that season. When the germans took a big investment in our club like most fans I thought this was great but is this a false dawn and worse could this put us back in a dark place again. 

Cant say that I've felt the same as I did back then. It's not a good feeling but that's down to results on the park really.

Financially we are in a much stronger position than 2013.

The route of the problem is bad decision making in the boardroom. Firstly employing Peter Grant and secondly not sacking him for the horrific position he has taken us to. He should've been sacked after the QOS game, yet he still here telling us how good we are on a training pitch. Absolute joke.

Edited by Chubbychops

The fact that meggle & Mcarthur seen a 0-0 draw at home to Hamilton accies (who just conceded 6 at home to partick thistle!!) as a positive result, and something to shout about in a statement.. shows you how far we’ve sunk even since last season. Going along to today but fully expect to be back in the house for half time. Hopefully the players can ignore everything grant tells them pre match and get themselves organised.

42 minutes ago, OwenDAFC said:

The fact that meggle & Mcarthur seen a 0-0 draw at home to Hamilton accies (who just conceded 6 at home to partick thistle!!) as a positive result, and something to shout about in a statement.. shows you how far we’ve sunk even since last season. Going along to today but fully expect to be back in the house for half time. Hopefully the players can ignore everything grant tells them pre match and get themselves organised.

I also saw last night from Narey’s toe poker that apparently we’ve scored as many goals in the last 184 minutes of league football as Dunfermline have managed in the last 189 days of league football.

Which is absolutely ludicrous stuff. 

Different feeling from 2013. There was a lot of togetherness back then, even on the edge of disaster. It felt like the fans truly mattered and could make a difference. Our voices mattered.

Fast forward and it seems like all that hard work to get our club back has just been flushed down the drain. Like many others, I welcomed the investment but aired caution. It feels like this Meggle guy is just hell-bent on Grant leading the line no matter what, as it was obviously his decision. It sounds as if he is the man making the big decisions and McArthur is just a proxy. Clearly Meggle’s too embarrassed to cut ties with Grant. He’ll know himself he should be doing it. This has totally alienated the fanbase as a good 99% have been screaming for him to be sacked since the QotS game. But that doesn’t matter a jot now what the fans think as we’re clearly not a fan-oriented club once again. We’re back to being a business that is so distant from the people that keep it ticking.

For Meggle to listen to Grant’s pathetic post-match interview and still stand by him is a complete joke. I’m still a Pars fan but the powers that be have decided to ditch the fan engagement and give off serious Emperor Nero vibes. I certainly won’t be back until wholesale changes are made. What done it for me was that disgraceful statement that was put out after the QotS game essentially blaming us for the current situation. Everyone in Scottish football can see how disastrous this is except our board.

This is now much more than Grant being an incompetent manager for me.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I also saw last night from Narey’s toe poker that apparently we’ve scored as many goals in the last 184 minutes of league football as Dunfermline have managed in the last 189 days of league football.

Which is absolutely ludicrous stuff. 

Another stat:

You scored more league goals in 19 minutes last night than we've managed all season.

Different feeling from 2013. There was a lot of togetherness back then, even on the edge of disaster. It felt like the fans truly mattered and could make a difference. Our voices mattered.

Fast forward and it seems like all that hard work to get our club back has just been flushed down the drain. Like many others, I welcomed the investment but aired caution. It feels like this Meggle guy is just hell-bent on Grant leading the line no matter what, as it was obviously his decision. It sounds as if he is the man making the big decisions and McArthur is just a proxy. Clearly Meggle’s too embarrassed to cut ties with Grant. He’ll know himself he should be doing it. This has totally alienated the fanbase as a good 99% have been screaming for him to be sacked since the QotS game. But that doesn’t matter a jot now what the fans think as we’re clearly not a fan-oriented club once again. We’re back to being a business that is so distant from the people that keep it ticking.

For Meggle to listen to Grant’s pathetic post-match interview and still stand by him is a complete joke. I’m still a Pars fan but the powers that be have decided to ditch the fan engagement and give off serious Emperor Nero vibes. I certainly won’t be back until wholesale changes are made. What done it for me was that disgraceful statement that was put out after the QotS game essentially blaming us for the current situation. Everyone in Scottish football can see how disastrous this is except our board.

This is now much more than Grant being an incompetent manager for me.
My main concern from all of this is that the boards ambition doesn't match the fans.
It seems like they're happy with mid table in the championship (which we're not even achieving just now ffs) which is frankly just embarrassing.

My main concern from all of this is that the boards ambition doesn't match the fans.
It seems like they're happy with mid table in the championship (which we're not even achieving just now ffs) which is frankly just embarrassing.
Not sure I agree. Our budget will be one of the highest in the league and the manager they brought in was speaking of winning the league from the off (still is, depending on who you believe)

I think the Board will have been like the majority of fans pre-season; hoping for a sustained title challenge with a Top 4 finish being the minimum expectation.

I really do believe that with a competent manager and a better central midfield then we would have comfortably met at least the lowest target.

We’ve only lost one in five now but the draws are no good. We need wins pronto to get ourselves up the table as quickly as possible. Thistle, Rovers and Arbroath up next and you wouldn’t put money us getting three points in any of those matches.

3 hours ago, Goldenface said:

It was definitely good to have something to celebrate today but it was nothing more than papering over cracks.
Still rock bottom of the league, still 0 wins in 9. This really isn't good enough.

Aye , last minute goals always give you a bit of a buzz,  but it had a bittersweet feeling to it,  knowing it would be enough to keep grant on for a while longer.  

Ultimately it’s another week of failure and we shouldn’t let the timing of the equaliser wash over that. 

I see lots of talk of 'something to build on' and how this may 'lift the team'.

Like we built upon the draws against Inverness and Hamilton? How did we 'lift' things after those results? Do we get extra points for having something to 'build on'? Are we going to draw our way to the title? Or even the playoffs?

Today was our best performance of the season. That we were blunt, dull and unimaginative for large periods of the game shows how far we've fallen. We were mostly a desperately poor team today. The overall performance was rank and absolutely nobody should be settling for it. There were some positives, but they mean f**k all when we sit bottom without a win in the first quarter of the season, one of only two teams across the SPFL without a league win (and the other team aren't playing shite like Morton, Ayr, QOTS etc).

I would though like to mention Paul Allan. He hasn't been spectacular but has been solid last few games and shows promise that he can improve. I think he will, although it will be stifled in this terrible team. 

In isolation, a draw with Kilmarnock isn't terrible, but given our position and given how poor Kilmarnock are, it was a dreadful result. The defending for the goals was awful, but we also gave away a couple of very decent opportunities for them that they fluffed, something we seem to do every game.

I have absolutely no confidence that we will 'build upon' this draw next week. We face a team next week who last night took 72 minutes to score the same number of league goals we have all season. I have zero confidence we will win next week. We haven't won all season.

I don't even think our squad is that great but, having seen every team against us, I think it is absolutely capable of beating any team in the league on our day. It's a squad that is desperately unbalanced, but one that Grant is massively underachieving with. 'Only' against Arbroath, Partick and Raith first half were we were totally outplayed (Arbroath and Raith first half especially). In other games we seem to bring teams down to our awful level but still lose.

Just get Grant out. That last minute equaliser (not winner) saved him, and the board, from some ugly scenes at full time.

It was absolutely heartbreaking to see how empty East End was (see photo below I was sent; incidentally, crowd was comically given as 4095!). The Norrie being so sparse is just sad to see. The club can't be far from considering closing the NW, which, whilst probably sensible, will be deeply unpopular.

A word on ParsTV. My patience has gone with it. Today was the worst it has been. Its oddly been getting worse and worse until today's nadir. They have had over a year to improve things. That ParsTV, the club and the actual volunteers have seemingly done nothing means that they can all get to f**k. I no longer care that the ParsTV folk are volunteers. Get them all to f**k. The service is the worst in the league and is not acceptable. The club should be looking to either totally take over ParsTV and improve things with training and/or hiring actually qualified people to do it, or hiring/creating a new company to do it. I've said before that some people's only interaction/connection with the club is via watching the games online. Folk will turn off/not buy streams if the quality continues to be so abysmal, and if they stop using their only connection/interaction with the club, then the club risk losing them.

Anyway, on an absolutely random tangent that came in to my head for reasons I don't understand, here are some tunes the club should play before games, in no particular order:

- Everybody Get Up

- Tsunami

- Paint It Black

- We Will Rock You

- Fields of Fire

- The Final Countdown

And of course Into The Valley should always be played just as the team run out. Always. Never change it (I'm looking at you Teenage Kicks!).

received_242458237842803.thumb.jpeg.00c9712d545324b44c62387d99504c12.jpeg

Edited by DA Baracus

Geezus! That's as fine a tantrum rant I've read for quite some time. 😄

Having blistered everyone no doubt you'll be rushing to offer your services to help turn everything round?

Nah! Didnae think so.

Edited by embow

17 minutes ago, embow said:

Gosh! That's as fine a tantrum rant I've read for quite some time 😄

Having blistered everyone no doubt you'll be rushing to offer your services to help turn everything round?

Nah! Didnae think so.

Ah, 'tantrum'. A poor attempt to discredit what I said without discussing/debating a single word of it, suggesting that you don't actually have anything to say. Do you have anything to add to the conversation at all? Perhaps you might have an opposing viewpoint that may make me reconsider?

Why on earth should I volunteer to do multiple roles? Are we all to accept nonsense quality unless we personally volunteer for various roles at a professional footballer club? 

However, I would happily volunteer to write and/or edit for the official website. 

Edited by DA Baracus