Walking Down The Halbeath Road

26 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I’m not a traitor so won’t be taking them up on this offer, but this is the sort of behaviour I enjoy seeing from clubs. The timing, offer and the players used in this are no accident/coincidence. But this is an example of good marketing/PR. Much better than anything our club has put out in a long time.

Aye, ironic that both divided opinion so much.

Exactly the type of player I would pay money to see, but accused of not tracking back/laziness/one-trick pony by many Pars fans.

Super Joe is always welcome at EEP. Higgy a wee bit less so but still.....

25 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Any idea when the last PSC was held? IIRC the last one I was at was the summer before Stevie's first full season in charge, him Shields and McCarthur all spoke.

The last meeting was held on the 16th May 2019 with McArthur, Crawford and Shields doing the usual piece sounds like the one you remember.

There was provisional plans to hold a meeting on the 23rd of January 2020 but if memory serves this was delayed by a week or 2 and then cancelled. But it's a bit of a haze for me.

ETA we had some new people on the committee of the council to try and freshen things up but always welcome new people, with new owners is virtually the only mechanism the fans have to hold the board to account.

Edited by 101

1 minute ago, 101 said:

The last meeting was held on the 16th May 2019 with McArthur, Crawford and Shields doing the usual piece sounds like the one you remember.

There was provisional plans to hold a meeting on the 23rd of January 2020 but if memory serves this was delayed by a week or 2 and then cancelled. But it's a bit of a haze for me.

Must've been the May one I was at then, feels a lifetime ago. I remember coming away from that excited for the new season and what Stevie and Greig had planned. The latter had videos of our young lads playing out from the back, looked pretty good. Shame that season ended when it did, Nizzy could have bagged another 10. If a PSC meeting was proposed for some time in the next few weeks I dread to think how bad it could get. Some I've been to in the past have involved people losing their s*it over what food they sell at the Stephen's kiosks. There's actual reason to be shouty shouty now.

Our next 4 games. Here's what will happen:

Killie (H) - 16th October: Toxic atmosphere outside EEP and inside. Kilmarnock will win extremely comfortably. Perhaps not a total scudding but a comfortable win by 3 goals. Another inept home performance, with a midfield getting totally overrun. We won't score a goal again.

Partick (A) - 23rd October: McCall has already sussed us out so expect similar to the home game, perhaps more goals from Partick; they are at home and starting to get themselves up the table. Total scudding incoming.

Raith (H) - 26th October: I honestly think this will be similar to the game at Starks. We will be shite, absolutely, but somehow pull off a draw as Grant will be pressing the issue and we'll get lucky. 

Arbroath (A) - 30th October: Shite weather and Nouble will absolutely maul us. 3-0 to Abroath at half-time due to him causing havoc and us not handling the weather. This result will finally end Grant's tenure. We will be at least 8 points cut adrift at the bottom. Who the f*ck will want the job when we are in that state? We're absolutely fucked and going down thanks to the board willing to die on the hill of Peter Grant. Wasters. 

18 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Killie (H) - 16th October: Toxic atmosphere outside EEP and inside. Kilmarnock will win extremely comfortably. Perhaps not a total scudding but a comfortable win by 3 goals. Another inept home performance, with a midfield getting totally overrun. We won't score a goal again.

Partick (A) - 23rd October: McCall has already sussed us out so expect similar to the home game, perhaps more goals from Partick; they are at home and starting to get themselves up the table. Total scudding incoming.

Raith (H) - 26th October: I honestly think this will be similar to the game at Starks. We will be shite, absolutely, but somehow pull off a draw as Grant will be pressing the issue and we'll get lucky. 

Arbroath (A) - 30th October: Shite weather and Nouble will absolutely maul us. 3-0 to Abroath at half-time due to him causing havoc and us not handling the weather. This result will finally end Grant's tenure. We will be at least 8 points cut adrift at the bottom. Who the f*ck will want the job when we are in that state? We're absolutely fucked and going down thanks to the board willing to die on the hill of Peter Grant. Wasters. 

Pretty much exactly how I see it progressing. The Board will want to be seen to give Grant a chance to right the ship, but has to find a point where they can bring in someone before the Winter window. A Raith loss might change the timeline to immediate removal and an interim manager for Arbroath, but I think the stubborn b*****ds are going to try to ride this out.

Edited to add: That statement alone has probably removed any chance of Petrie coming, at least this year, if not for the foreseeable future.

Edited by TxRover

12 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Must've been the May one I was at then, feels a lifetime ago. I remember coming away from that excited for the new season and what Stevie and Greig had planned. The latter had videos of our young lads playing out from the back, looked pretty good. Shame that season ended when it did, Nizzy could have bagged another 10. If a PSC meeting was proposed for some time in the next few weeks I dread to think how bad it could get. Some I've been to in the past have involved people losing their s*it over what food they sell at the Stephen's kiosks. There's actual reason to be shouty shouty now.

I'll admit to thinking the round table meeting was held in Nov 19 not Nov 18 so yes agree it's been ages since the last one and it's needed as soon as is practical. 

It's a bit tricky to plan them to marry up when a representative from the new board members is available. I think largely people take them in the spirit in which they are intended, yes robust debate but I also think that people need to be pragmatic that it's a business at the end of the day and rightly or wrongly the board are doing their level best, I do genuinely believe they need a paid person to be senior at the club rather than relying on good will of voluntary board members who are not professional PR people.

People are entitled to be angry but personal abuse has to my knowledge never been an issue, as often the most vocal critics online are either unable or unwilling to make it to these meetings.

More generally:

As always if anyone has anything they think ought to be done differently from the things I'm privileged to be involved in just drop me a line.

The board are the board they aren't infallible hopefully when mistakes are made they are admitted to and reconciled but this football club is mine and yours.

31 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

1st November - Appoint Gary Locke...

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Knock yersels out lads. I had a gid laugh at your total meltdown a few weeks ago, when all that happened was you sold a player then loaned him back from Hibs. The state some of you c***s were in then, f**k knows what you'd be like if you had to deal with this 😆

We have dealt with things like this. Gary Locke appointment and Claude Anelka and his promises much like your German investors who have promised so much but may deliver virtually nothing. Ask yourself what loyalty do they have to Dunfermline, none.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Why are we not allowed to beat you? I demand another 6-0

Fukn BOO! Mcglynn out etc.